PDA

View Full Version : Games that you liked, but that everybody else seemed to hate

CodeName62
Jul 4, 2002, 08:08 PM
Well, the title states it all. Just list the games that you liked, but everybody seemed to hate. The only one that I can think of right now is Final Fantasy VIII. Everybody told me to stay away from this Final Fantasy. In the end, I enjoyed Final Fantasy VIII. It was my first Final Fantasy, and still my favorite.

GhoStar
Jul 4, 2002, 08:49 PM
D2 on the Dreamcast.

It had a great story and the atmosphere was ideal for a survival horror game - up there with Silent Hill and much better than Resident Evil.

It was simply let-down by repetetive gameplay.

Kupi
Jul 4, 2002, 08:59 PM
Mischief Makers for the N64. It got very little notice anyway, Nintendo Power said the controls were too complicated, it got moderate-to-good reviews, but I really loved it. Especially it's mostly anime syling. Running gag of tossing the Professor... "Heeeellp meeeee Marinaaaaa..." *ping*

Rotis
Jul 4, 2002, 09:21 PM
Mighty Bomb Jack for NES... awww, that game was so amusing. Seanbaby listed it as one of the worst 20 NES games, heh.

TimeStalkers for Dreamcast... okay, that really sorta was a bad game, mostly due to its all-your-work-amounts-to-jack-shit system... but oddly enough, I liked it anyway.

Zone of the Enders for PS2... the most wonderfully pointless yet somehow captivating game of all time! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ABDUR101
Jul 4, 2002, 09:23 PM
Demon's Crest. People either never heard of it, or hated it, but it was easily the most god damn fun I had on my SNES.

..ok..not the most fun, but it was up there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

watashiwa
Jul 4, 2002, 09:28 PM
Cool Cool Toon for Dreamcast.

TIERREN
Jul 4, 2002, 09:34 PM
Mischief Makers: Rarely anyone I knew didnt either like it or didnt hear of the game.
I still play it today Im currently attempting to get all S-ranks on all the levels if anyone cares. ^_^

Ristar: Decent game
Zero the Kamikaze squrriel
Tenchi Muyo Rpg for the Snes
Quackshot:(made by Disney. All games by Disney are evil but I found myself liking it)

Thats all I can think of....for now

watashiwa
Jul 4, 2002, 09:42 PM
On 2002-07-04 19:34, TIERREN wrote:
Quackshot:(made by Disney. All games by Disney are evil but I found myself liking it)

Quackshot ruled, mofo. I bought and cleared that game on my trusty Genesis. ^_^

Castle of Illusion, which is also a Disney game on the Genesis, also kicks ass.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-07-04 19:43 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Jul 4, 2002, 09:57 PM
First off, superb topic idea.

I liked RevolutionX, yes, even the very thought of a Aerosmith game where you shot flaming CD's at real actors in yellow jumpsuits falling in pain can make most men cry. But i enjoyed it.

Fighting Force was good to, real good.

Nerd
Jul 4, 2002, 10:04 PM
Battle Arena Toshinden (still my favorite fighting game..hey...STOP LAUGHING...i serious http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif dammit stop!)

Suikoden my favorite RPG, playstation around '97 i think, before ffvii...best story ever

Final Fantasy 8....c'mon man it had a happy ending...i almost needed therapy after vii

FinalMasterM
Jul 4, 2002, 10:06 PM
On 2002-07-04 18:59, Kupi wrote:
Mischief Makers for the N64. It got very little notice anyway, Nintendo Power said the controls were too complicated, it got moderate-to-good reviews, but I really loved it. Especially it's mostly anime syling. Running gag of tossing the Professor... "Heeeellp meeeee Marinaaaaa..." *ping*

Ditto.

Quest 64, it was great! How could no one like it? but sadly all my friends found it to be a joke of a RPG.

Actraiser on the SNES, mixed platform with sim with RPG, friends found it too annoying to kill the bats and white dragons (and other monters) that just kept re-appearing in the overworld (sim) mode.

Dangerous55
Jul 4, 2002, 10:20 PM
On 2002-07-04 20:04, Nerd wrote:
Battle Arena Toshinden (still my favorite fighting game..hey...STOP LAUGHING...i serious http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif dammit stop!)

Suikoden my favorite RPG, playstation around '97 i think, before ffvii...best story ever

Final Fantasy 8....c'mon man it had a happy ending...i almost needed therapy after vii

I think all those games were popular.

OMAR
Jul 4, 2002, 10:51 PM
I would have to say...hmm ill pick one from each system...

NES: cant remember to long ago..
Super NES: Aladan..im telling you that was a freaking awesome game..great graphics and story..man ill never forget that carpet ride.
N64: starwars pod racing stuff...i think that was pop but i know alot of my friends hated it.
GC: SuperMonkey ball is great but not to many people give it a chance cause of its name and the way it looks..its a good game..
Dreamcast: slavezero i think the name was...man that game was good..well ok but it didnt sell to well or get good reviews..well not to my memory
PS:wcw vs nwo you either hated or loved this game
PS2:i dont know all the games i played were pretty popular...
anyway thats about it...

Nerd
Jul 4, 2002, 11:21 PM
On 2002-07-04 20:20, Dangerous55 wrote:
I think all those games were popular.

YES, in their DAY they were popular. However games like BA Toshinden were reviled and ridiculed in the years following, as Suikoden and FF8 were too, for being either too 'shallow' or having no soul or being 'bargain bin' material....

watashiwa
Jul 4, 2002, 11:27 PM
The Legend of Kage and Legendary Wings on the NES were pretty hardcore. =P

Funny how both of those names have "Legend" in their title. <.<

Spy
Jul 4, 2002, 11:36 PM
Um... anything with Battletoads in it...

ABDUR101
Jul 4, 2002, 11:36 PM
SimAnt for the SNES. It was addicting. o_O

Falkon
Jul 4, 2002, 11:49 PM
Rocket Knight Adventures (genesis) and Sparkster (SNES/Genesis, the sequal) both RULED. There should be a new Sparkster game.

watashiwa
Jul 4, 2002, 11:59 PM
Oh, I just remembered one.

Black Belt for Sega Master System. :O

Dangerous55
Jul 5, 2002, 12:10 AM
I dont know if anyone ever heard of this game, its called Mario Brothers. It was for the NES. Its story is really wierd, 2 fat Italian plumbers rescue a Princess. It had a couple of sequals. Anyone ever play it?

ABDUR101
Jul 5, 2002, 12:42 AM
On 2002-07-04 22:10, Dangerous55 wrote:
I dont know if anyone ever heard of this game, its called Mario Brothers. It was for the NES. Its story is really wierd, 2 fat Italian plumbers rescue a Princess. It had a couple of sequals. Anyone ever play it?

Stop buying cocaine from the Amish.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 5, 2002, 01:38 AM
Aladdin did rule I had the best time with the Genisis version.

Vay for Sega CD- terribly hard RPG that I played after Lunar got old.

Robotrek for SNES- man I rented this game over and over eeven tho I never got the same copy and had to start all over again each time. You made your own robots and programmed moves to fight for you in battle. It had a crazy story but I didn't care.

Granstream Saga for PS1- This Action RPG was so fun back when I played it. Trying to gamble your skills by not getting hit or using magic in battle consecutively was uber cool and earned you items for your hard work. It had real time combat, a shower scene!, and a story with two endings.

Street Fighter EX a for PS1- I had the import. It had blocky characters that I hardly noticed but many new characters to Street Fighter. It had such addicting gameplay to learn all of your fighter's subtelties as well as create the ultimate combo and who can forget the "Breakdance fighting skeleton suit clown" Skullomania! The series dragged on and got worse with time I think personally.

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Jul 5, 2002, 01:48 AM
Shadow Man

i dunno i found it a moody dark game with the blood pools and being dead and which

Mazarin
Jul 5, 2002, 02:38 AM
SF EX ROCKED!

I think I spent more time doing the challenges than actually fighting. Remember Kari's(I think that's the right name) challenge to keep him in the air for 10 seconds?

Castlequest for NES

Arch Rivals for Genesis

And while it was popular in Japan, but the US lagged on such inteligent entertainment, Seaman was a RIOT to play.

Daikarin
Jul 5, 2002, 03:30 AM
Oh, I have a lot of these:

- Kid Dracula for the Game boy
- Dragon Ball Z-what's-it's-name for the Game boy
- Zelda DX for the Game boy
- Majority of the Sonics
- Final Fantasy 7
- Psychic Force 2012
- Power Stone 1 & 2
- Guilty Gear X

Surprisingly, some of these were some of the best games I've ever played.

ABDUR101
Jul 5, 2002, 03:34 AM
On 2002-07-05 01:30, Ultimate wrote:
Oh, I have a lot of these:

- Zelda DX for the Game boy
- Majority of the Sonics
- Final Fantasy 7
- Power Stone 1 & 2
- Guilty Gear X

Surprisingly, some of these were some of the best games I've ever played.

Surprisingly some of those are the best games ever made. Guilty Gear X is a damn good game, so good that you're lucky if you can find a copy to import! Those don't even deserve to be on this list of games that people hated hehe.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 5, 2002, 03:48 AM
Yeah those challenges were crazy as hell to me though since they were in JP kanji.

I just tried my best to follow the motions during the hardass ones.
Especially the super combo strings of regular moves-special moves-supercombo-supercombo-supercombo.
Oh and the JP vers had the old school barrel breaking minigame from like sf2turbo or something via a few menu moves of the d-pad.

CodeName62
Jul 5, 2002, 10:35 AM
Ohh yeah, I forgot to put Final Fantasy Tactics. I don't think too many people liked this Final Fantasy.

Greg
Jul 5, 2002, 11:28 AM
FFT and SF EXplus Alpha where favorites with everyone I knew. In fact we used to play SF at the local Roundtable until 4:00am (we all worked there).

Game I liked that no one else did: The Bouncer
Game everyone liked but me: GTA (I think it's nothing but a gimmik with ugly graphics and sloppy control.)

Last_Saiyan
Jul 5, 2002, 11:30 AM
Any of the Ogre battle/FF Tactics/Tactics Ogre
Saga Frontier (The most Awesome and magical Game, Alkaisar rocks!!!)
Legend of Mana (Lotsa good memories, it's got every thing I wanted: weapon and armor customization, build your own Robot, raise ur own monster, and two player RPG with Street Fighter button sequences with tons of skills to learn never goes wrong!!)
Duck Tales for the NES
Guardian Saga
Faxanadu for the NES( Totally Overlooked)
..That's all I can think of at the moment

Dangerous55
Jul 5, 2002, 11:33 AM
On 2002-07-04 22:42, ABDUR101 wrote:

Stop buying cocaine from the Amish.

I cant help it, they chase me down on there horse and buggy.

Sedyne
Jul 5, 2002, 11:38 AM
Chrono Cross - I thought this was probably the best RPG ever. It is my alltime favorite. It's such a beutiful game i actually bought 3 copies of this game. 1 when it was first released. another copy just to have i in the plastic wrap. and a "Greatest Hits" version. I also went crazy ordered 3 statues of chars from japan "lynx, Serge, and Kid" and also bought the Chrono Clock. I even own a Copy of unopned Chrono Trigger. and then a super famicom edition. yees im chrono crazy but i don't care.

Ghost Babel for NES the sequal TO METAL GEAR of NES i loved that game.

Last_Saiyan
Jul 5, 2002, 11:39 AM
Yeah, Amish coke is the most potent drug known to man. I mean most of those beard worn fellas are no older than 12 year olds.

TedEdFred
Jul 5, 2002, 12:28 PM
On 2002-07-04 20:06, FinalMasterM wrote:
Quest 64, it was great! How could no one like it? but sadly all my friends found it to be a joke of a RPG.

WOW! I didn't think anyone else liked quest 64! It't NOT a BAD game! I liked getting the little things and you could raise different elements and learn different attacks... Which element did you make the strongest?

Rylios
Jul 5, 2002, 02:05 PM
Power Stone1 Greatest game no matter what you say
Dark Cloud and Z.O.E Are good haven't had time to beat them yet but still good
Shadow Dancer and Revenge of Shinobi - Genesis
And My Fav Game Of All Time Revenge of the ninja - Sega cd ( still have it )

Dangerous55
Jul 5, 2002, 03:09 PM
On 2002-07-05 09:38, X930 wrote:
Chrono Cross - I thought this was probably the best RPG ever. It is my alltime favorite. It's such a beutiful game i actually bought 3 copies of this game. 1 when it was first released. another copy just to have i in the plastic wrap. and a "Greatest Hits" version. I also went crazy ordered 3 statues of chars from japan "lynx, Serge, and Kid" and also bought the Chrono Clock. I even own a Copy of unopned Chrono Trigger. and then a super famicom edition. yees im chrono crazy but i don't care.

Ghost Babel for NES the sequal TO METAL GEAR of NES i loved that game.

Both those games got great reviews! They were both popular. And Chrono Cross is my fav RPG of all time.

MetalGriever
Jul 5, 2002, 05:09 PM
I'd have to say Paladin's Quest (aka Lennus in Japan) In spite of the heavy pastels used for the graphics, the storyline and the music were pretty good. In its sequal, Lennus 2, the pastels were greatly toned down.

Dangerous55
Jul 5, 2002, 08:18 PM
Max Payne is a game that everyone liked and I hated. Well I shouldnt say hated, but I thought it was overrated by a million degrees. Its just to cookie-cutter, from what I played of it. Max's face is just disgusting and wierd looking. It looks like Gary Coleman after he fell in a tire fire.
Combat is nothing spectacular, these are just my opinions. So, whatever. Oh yea, the comic book style story progresseors or whatever you wanna call it really was a stupid idea.

Ironmonkey
Jul 5, 2002, 09:23 PM
Faxanadu on the NES and Landstalker on the Genesis

watashiwa
Jul 5, 2002, 09:49 PM
Crusader of Centy on Genesis.

CodeName62
Jul 5, 2002, 10:49 PM
On 2002-07-05 18:18, Dangerous55 wrote:
Max Payne is a game that everyone liked and I hated. Well I shouldnt say hated, but I thought it was overrated by a million degrees. Its just to cookie-cutter, from what I played of it. Max's face is just disgusting and wierd looking. It looks like Gary Coleman after he fell in a tire fire.
Combat is nothing spectacular, these are just my opinions. So, whatever. Oh yea, the comic book style story progresseors or whatever you wanna call it really was a stupid idea.

Yeah, I too thought that this game was way overrated. The best thing about the game was the ability to slow down the surronding environment.

Nerd
Jul 5, 2002, 11:26 PM
Virtua Racing - 32x
Space Harrier - 32x
heck, even METALHEAD - 32x

i am prolly the only guy in the universe to play this one to the end..

BWS-1
Jul 6, 2002, 12:09 AM
Tomb Raider - PC
Virtual On - Saturn
METALHEAD - 32x
Knuckle Chaotix - 32x
Virtual Racing - 32x
ValisIII - genesis
Kolibri - 32x
Astral - Saturn
Fighters Megamix - Saturn
Syndicate - PC (the very first one)
Macross ZX/2 - PSX (I'm not sure if the name is right, but it looks like that, and is the second one on PSX)
Sonic Drift 2 - Game Gear
Pong - Atari something
Sonic 3DBlast - Saturn
JointStrikeFighter - PC

I think that's it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

geewj
Jul 6, 2002, 04:20 AM
aww a lot of the ones i wanted to say first were said. I guess thats what i get for comming to a topic late.

-Nes-
Ducktales (dam good music for the NES)
Dr. Mario (music again)
A boy and his blob (i never even hear anyone talk about it)
Ice Climbers
Karnov (god i loved that game)

-Genesis-
Gunstar Heros (best genesis game ever!)
Land stalker
General Chaos
Streets of Rage 1-3
Quack shot(something about the bubble gun make me wana play)

-SNES-
Actraiser
Pocky and Rocky

-PS1-
Simpsons Wrestling (Sue me!)
FF8 (its much better than people say)
Crono Cross(didnt get the attention it deserved)

That's the end of that chapter!

Nerd
Jul 6, 2002, 04:34 AM
OMG BWS-1 you actually played metalhead?? gahh i thought i was the only one! hurrah for primitive 3-d and texture mapping!

Blackthorne - snes

an overlooked adventure game in the same vein as Prince of Persia, only its a dude in a futuristic world of caves and stuff with a shotgun and there are slaves that beg u to help them, you can shoot them point blank in the head. Good times.

Jurassic Park - snes

I loved this..a wonderful mix of zelda style overhead exploration, and wolfenstein 3-d-ish indoor levels with raptors. Very fun stuff.

Earthworm Jim 2 - snes

Everyone seemed to like the first one, but not the second. I loved them both but 2 so much more.

*fInIsH hIm!*

**eats bob the goldfish** hehehe..

geewj
Jul 6, 2002, 04:40 AM
ooops, i forgot i was gonna say some Turbographic 16 games...

Blazing lazers
Bonks adventure
Dungeon Explorer

and these too

Rock 'n Roll Racing -SNES
Zombies ate my Neighbors -SNES

IceBlink
Jul 6, 2002, 07:17 AM
PC Engine/Turbographix/whatever
Cyber Cross
Vigilante
Doraemon

NES
RESCUE (I think? Some odd SWAT-kinda game)
Nintendo World Cup (I worked out how to use all the power shots without having to use a overhead kick ^_^)

SNES
FF:Mystic Quest (yes, I liked it. o_O)

PS1
FF8 (Yes, I liked it)
Granstream Saga (it's good the first time you play through. ^_^)
Simpsons Wres... okay, let's not go there. ^_^;;

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 6, 2002, 01:27 PM
Hehe Karnov was damn fun. Being a fat guy shooting fire at dragon bosses and such.

I forgot one:

Splatterhouse-Turbo Grafix 16

Real fun fightin' zombies and monsters with pick-up-and-use weapons like a shotgun, rock!, monkey wrench, wooden two by four, spears, etc.
You even got to fight a Poltergeist in a room and the last boss was such a bastard that you wanted to kill him so bad from all his stupid patterns that could kill you in a matter of seconds.

Turbo Grafix wasn't too poopular so their whole game library got overlooked.

geewj
Jul 6, 2002, 03:33 PM
On 2002-07-06 11:27, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Turbo Grafix wasn't too poopular so their whole game library got overlooked.

heh i had 2, and the multi tap, and a cool 5 player bomberman.

ya i forgot splater house. Most of the TG16 games were fun. I cant remember the name of one game...... commander keene? The game where you can turn into a robot...i think.

DarkMilitia
Jul 7, 2002, 12:59 PM
"Bangai O" for Dreamcast
One of the coolest and definitely most original shooter game EVER. Sadly, I sold my dreamcast and this game to get a GC, and this game is rare now.
"Soul Calibur" for Dreamcast
Among my friends, this game is not really well liked. I don't know why. Maybe its because I am a SC fanatic and I rip into people with Voldo, Kilik, and Hwang so well. I really can't wait for the new SC to come out it's taking too damn long.
"Super Bust A Move" for PS2
It is just too damn funny when Pukadon wins because he has this gigantic white thing come out of his belly that looks like a huge boner! And he goes "YEEYEEEE!" hehehehe. He also farts at the opponent when he gets a big drop.

Dabra
Jul 7, 2002, 01:36 PM
xargon, wolf 3d, cosmo, silhouette mirage, spyro the dragon, oddworld, monkey island

Ziggy-san
Jul 7, 2002, 02:31 PM
Aaa...I think I win the award here...

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest for the SNES. At the time I got it, I had never heard of Final Fantasy, nor the game, but I got it as a present from my Aunt or something. I played the hell out of that thing, and I really sorta liked it.

Several years later, I read a bunch of reviews for this ROM on...aaa...ROM sites, with people saying, "DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS THIS IS CRAP WASTE OF TIME STAY AWAY AGGH!!11" And yet I didn't thing it was that bad.

It's funny how a lost and forgotten Final Fantasy game has absolutely nothing in common with the Final Fantasy series in any way with the exception fo the fact they mention the word Chacobo in ONE DIALOGUE...THINGY...

[/Rant]

Random scrolling...IceBlink liked it too. Keke, interesting...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ziggy-san on 2002-07-07 12:33 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jul 7, 2002, 05:21 PM
I loved Fur Fighters on the DC. No one i know liked it, but i played it for ages, just trying to get to the end. And i must say, this game has the most disturbing version of hell ever!

Oh, and ive played Metal Head to, whoever was mentioning it. But i cant comment on it as my 32X packed up a day after i got and im now left with three 32X games.

pixelate
Jul 7, 2002, 05:36 PM
The Extreme G series.

Vitamin_D
Jul 7, 2002, 07:21 PM
Hmmm...the only game that I really like that others aren't to down with are the Virtua Fighter games...which is the best 3D Fighting game series like...EVER. That and Final Fantasy 8. A LOT of people hate Final Fantasy 8...

geewj
Jul 7, 2002, 07:55 PM
On 2002-07-07 17:21, Vitamin_D wrote:
That and Final Fantasy 8

woot, join the revolution my friend. There are more of us than you'd think.

Shrevn
Jul 7, 2002, 10:21 PM
Holy bananna juice! I liked RESIDENT EVIL: SURVIVOR and everybody hated it... DOES that mean im a bad person?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wobba on 2002-07-07 20:22 ]</font>

Ziggy-san
Jul 7, 2002, 10:34 PM
Aaa, I got the PC version of FF8. I think it's a promising game...you know...thinking back to the battle system, it remind me a lot of the way Djini are used in Golden Sun. If I'd play that game again, I'd prolly never put it down :P

Nidarrock
Jul 8, 2002, 01:02 PM
Little Nemo: The Dream Master(NES)
Mega Man 4(NES)
Snake Rattle & Roll(NES)
Demon's Crest(SNES)
Gargoyles(Genesis)
Exo-Squad(Genesis)
Skeleton Warriors(Saturn)
Virtual On(Saturn)
Virtual On(Saturn & DC)
Blackhole Assualt(Sega CD)
Oddworld(PS1)
Nightmare Ceatures(PS1)
The Lost World: Jurrasic Park(PS1)
Final Fantasy 8(PS1)
Vagrant Story(PS1)
Maximo(PS2)

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jul 8, 2002, 02:13 PM
I LOVE Spawn:In The Demons Hand for DC! It got bad reviews though.....I own ass at that game.

breathofire
Jul 9, 2002, 11:57 AM
harry Potter for PS1

LostHero
Jul 10, 2002, 07:56 AM
Ico, It scares me how much that game intrigued and satisfied me, hell in many ways it was better than sex :innocent:. The music, atmosphere, music, originality, and sheer artistic beauty is unique to everyone who plays it, I just fell in love with that game, and although playing it again isn't fun really... playing Ico once is just an experiance, one sadly only 70,000 people enjoyed.
So low where the sales that it made Sony cancel Ico 2. Which is sad, because here a game company delievers a breath of fresh air and it wasn't even given a chance, saying we'd rather be given the same repetitive crap over and over instead of new material which doesn't speak too well for the gaming community imho.

Bootilicus
Jul 10, 2002, 08:43 AM
Here's coupe old school games for ya...
BURGER TIME!!! Some people thought it was corny running across the meat, buns and lettuce while you're getting chased by pickles and eggs! I didn't hesitate to sprinkle some pepper on their asses....lol..lol..lol..I crack myself up!!

SS_Death
Jul 10, 2002, 08:54 AM
FF8! Great game...problem iscan't seem to get around to completing it...

Really hope that they do it 3D like FFX with damage limit breaking and stuff. Only one thing I could say was wrong, that was that my characters never did enough damage on the Island closest to Heaven/Hell. Only could kill stuff with the GF's. Like to see a revamped version where the people do enough to kill most things!

BTW Squall rocks! Dark + Brooding = Hero!

LostHero
Jul 10, 2002, 03:28 PM
FF8? That game sold millions of copies :/

Sojo
Jul 10, 2002, 06:18 PM
Warbreeds on the PC, a damn good and imaginative game.
Lots of folk I knew didn't like it because it was a strategy game that had no tanks...

They were of the "We love Westwood!" breed...

Final Liberation for the PC, got feth-all reviews, but a damn good game.

Shadow Of The Horned Rat. A Shogun; Total War! style strategy game, but came out years beofre Shogun! It was Fantasy instead of historical and had a story which changed depending on how various battles went, and you could chose paths you took to your objectives which could significantly alter the story. Vastly underestimated, a fantastic game!

Tech Romancer for the Dreamcast. Love the anime style, a good innovative game.

Episode 1 Racer for N64. A good twist on the classic racing format.

Buck Bumble on N64. Strangely Compelling game...

That's all I can think of for now.

CodeName62
Jul 11, 2002, 02:15 PM
On 2002-07-10 13:28, LostHero wrote:
FF8? That game sold millions of copies :/

The game sold well, but only because it was a Final Fantasy title. Many of the of the FF fans didn't like the game. I happen to be one of the few that liked it.

Korin_Vayatr
Jul 11, 2002, 04:22 PM
Hmm, I'd also have to go with Legend of Mana and Saga Frontier for the PS1. I never could understand why no one else liked them...*Shrugs*

And about FF8 I liked it too, but I didn't enjoy playing as Squall...I dunno he seems like a jackass to me, hehe.

Sojo
Jul 11, 2002, 07:33 PM
I saw FF8 but never played it, it looked ok to me...

FF9 looked an utter fucking joke! I've seen the character concept sketches and I say they should have stuck with them! They were much better than the end result!

I've also heard a few complaints about FF10, as in it's 98% video and 2% playing the game...

Kent
Jul 12, 2002, 02:04 AM
Gunstar Heroes - Genesis
Revolution X - Saturn (Aerosmith + Cool Video Game = Happyness!)
Virtual On - Saturn
Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram - Dreamcast
Power Stone - Dreamcast
Power Stone 2 - Dreamcast
Starsiege - PC
Tribes - PC
Tribes 2 - PC
GUNVALKYRIE - Xbox
Jet Set Radio Future - Xbox
MegaMan Battle Network - GameBoy Advance
MegaMan Battle Network 2 - GameBoy Advance

I think that's about it...

LostHero
Jul 12, 2002, 07:06 AM
Lmfao, revolution X. That game was back in the day fun arcade shiat. I just remember shooting cd's at stripper cages and watching the ladies dance lol.

CodeName62
Jul 12, 2002, 11:58 AM
On 2002-07-11 17:33, Sojo wrote:

FF9 looked an utter fucking joke! I've seen the character concept sketches and I say they should have stuck with them! They were much better than the end result!

Yeah, I have to agree with you on how the charactrs looked. Out of all the Final Fantasies that I have played, I like Final Fantasy IX the least. However, evan though I didn't like it as much as the others, I still think that it is still a good game to play. In other words, it's worth checking out.

Nerd
Jul 12, 2002, 12:16 PM
I imagine this might have been pretty popular on PC, HOWEVER, i bought it for like 10 dollars at Best Buy for PSX....X-Com: UFO Defense. At first i hated it because of the controls, but then i was addicted, totally addicted. Everytime i FINALLY nailed an alien and heard that squeel as he went down, it was the most satisfying moment of any game ive played. BTW it was supposedly WAYYYYYY harder on PSX than the pc version. Its an ancient strategy style game sort of like the ancestor of newer Command and Conquer style games.

CodeName62
Jul 16, 2002, 05:45 PM
On 2002-07-05 09:30, Last_Saiyan wrote:
Any of the Ogre battle/FF Tactics/Tactics Ogre
Saga Frontier (The most Awesome and magical Game, Alkaisar rocks!!!)
Legend of Mana (Lotsa good memories, it's got every thing I wanted: weapon and armor customization, build your own Robot, raise ur own monster, and two player RPG with Street Fighter button sequences with tons of skills to learn never goes wrong!!)
Duck Tales for the NES
Guardian Saga
Faxanadu for the NES( Totally Overlooked)
..That's all I can think of at the moment

Speaking of Quest (Maker of Ogre), Squaresoft, bought them. Quest will be reunited with the series creator, Yasumi Matsuno, who also joined up with Square a few years ago.

Since Quets is now reunited, it is most likely, that we will see a new Ogre title.

Russta
Jul 16, 2002, 06:34 PM
Solair - It was on the MegaDrive and it may have been called Solail. I just remember it being an excellent RPG. If anyone can remember the name of it or anything about it let me knoe PLEASE.

Ring of Red - Though it sounds like the gayest game name ever (Planet Ring beats it) I thought it was excellent. It had a nice anime feeling to it and the battles were strangely fulfilling.

Phantasy Star Online - Ok, I know this is a wierd choice but my mates hated this game and couldn't understand my utter obsession with it. Hopefully I can sway there opinions in split screen (while leveling up all four of my characters at once of course)

Sanitarium - PC - I doubt anyone has heard of this game, I just picked it up for £5 'cause it sounded interesting. Though it had some bugs I was completely hooked from beggining to end. One of the best stories i've seen and some grusome parts, for instance I remember someone slamming their head against the walls in a nuthouse. Has anyone ever played this let alone heard of it?

overburn
Jul 19, 2002, 03:24 PM
alright games i liked which no one else did one was

dragon riders for the D.C.
Panzer Front for the D.C.
Death Crimson OX for the D.C.
Conflict Zone for the D.C.
Last Blade s for the D.C.
Bangio for the D.C.
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 for the D.C.
Godzilla Generation for the D.C.

HC82
Jul 19, 2002, 03:53 PM
Power stone 2....Best party game ever!

Land stalker was some good fun.

Black belt = ownage

haterade
Jul 19, 2002, 05:07 PM
Final Fantasy ONE... I actually beat that sh!t!

Spy vs Spy on NES and SMS...the SMS one was better IMO

Xenophobia... had to love that split screen thing...

ToeJam & Earl...badass...beat that too...stupid killer ice cream man!

Lileya
Jul 20, 2002, 11:01 AM
I still don't understand why people say FF8 was hated! Good lord, all I see is FF8 lovers all the time, the only person I know who hated this game as much as me was my best friend, other ppl I meet all love FF8! Stop to say it was hated, this pure piece of crap was LOVED! Go on gamefaqs reviews and you'll see 9/10 and 10/10 WAY lot more than 2/10!

Spartan117
Nov 18, 2003, 06:52 PM
Ok

GBA= Golden Sun 2
Playstation= Metal Gear Solid
Nintendo 64= Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
NintendoGamecube= Phantasy Star Online/ Ikaruga (very addictive)
X Box= Halo

SpikeOtacon
Nov 18, 2003, 06:55 PM
BattleClash on the SNES. now that put the Super Scope to good use.
Why I was the only one to have even HEARD of this kick ass game is beyond me...

dude3282
Nov 18, 2003, 07:19 PM
Helloooo . . . it says on the last post
Posted: 2002-07-20 09:01

That means July of last year. Read the rules.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=31003&forum=9&27

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=67583&forum=1&0

Bradicus
Nov 18, 2003, 07:19 PM
if the last date in a thread is from '02... perhaps you should let it die...

I loved quest 64

Mixfortune
Nov 19, 2003, 02:48 AM
On 2003-11-18 15:52, Spartan117 wrote:
Ok

GBA= Golden Sun 2
Playstation= Metal Gear Solid
Nintendo 64= Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
NintendoGamecube= Phantasy Star Online/ Ikaruga (very addictive)
X Box= Halo

Firstly, don't bump topics that are this old. I didn't even notice the date until I saw "Watashiwa". Definitely don't bump stuff from over a year ago, but if you have to bump somewhat old topics, you better have a good reason that contributes to the thread as a whole.

Unfortunately, you weren't even on the topic. :|

The thread was about games you liked that hardly anyone else did or generally got bad reviews. The games you put do not seem to meet this criteria.

It was fun while it lasted, but this thread is older than a majority of the site's current posters. Locky locky.

DarthFomar
Nov 19, 2003, 05:19 AM
Darkened Skye for GCN *Gamecube*. After I bought the game and started playing/understanding it, it got really fun.

Then I had a few friends over and they all started laughing because it looked boring, and because the theme was...about mystical skittles. Don't laugh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif...it is a really fun game.

That was one of the most fun games I have ever played...go figure!!! Don't knock the skittles baby...best candy in the world...they're made by little green men...*Taste the rain...cough, cough, cough...choked on a skittle*.
ummmm...thanks...it's too late to take back my post...this topic is a lil stale, like old bread...omg!!! Bumpidy Bump Bump, bumped thread.

Sorry mods...didn't notice the expiration date. Forgive?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2003-11-19 03:15 ]</font>

HairProneHalo
Nov 19, 2003, 08:43 PM
Graal 2k1. All of my friends hated that version, as well as the whole game.

Orange_Coconut
Nov 19, 2003, 09:47 PM
Hmm, I'd say:

Plok

Super Putty (Once you got the hang of it)

World Heroes 2 Jet (Man, I love flicking people with a giant pointer finger)

Pitfall (I always sucked at it, probably why I liked it so much, erm, SNES version)

Dig Dug (probably was popular, but I got it only a few years ago on my comp)

Think Quick (Man, that was a while back. Good times, good times..)

StrongBad
Nov 19, 2003, 11:27 PM
Didnt Bit say he was gonna ban you Spartan if you keep on doing it. Jeez its from like a year ago...

Miki
Nov 20, 2003, 02:06 AM
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Gitaroo Man yet... Really fun game nobody ever played.

Also, I still pull out Sheep for the PS1 every once in a while, and I like playing Bangai-O and anything from the Monster Rancher series of games.

Pneophen
Nov 20, 2003, 03:34 AM
The only game I can think of at the moment is the N64 Castlevania.

Getintothegame
Nov 20, 2003, 03:45 AM
D'oh.

Read the rules (http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum), and that one thread that says STOP BUMPING OLD TOPICS (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=67583&forum=1&0).

Anyway.....
Shenmue.
Majora's Mask.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-11-20 00:50 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Nov 21, 2003, 03:26 AM
On 2003-11-19 23:06, Miki wrote:
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Gitaroo Man yet... Really fun game nobody ever played.

Greatest game EVER!

EDIT- This thread is still alive...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-11-21 00:30 ]</font>