PDA

View Full Version : Im tired of this

phoenixspade
Oct 6, 2004, 01:59 AM
i am so sick and tired of the news media. I am a soldier in the army and i hate having to watch the news and hear only about how many ppl die or how many insurgents were killed etc. yes we are losing ppl. such is war and i can garuntee that everyone who signed on the dotted line like i did knows that, but there is so much good that is going on there because of us too. Now that we are there women freely walk the streets without covering their faces, kids go to schools, ppl can freely practice their religions. kids run up to the soldiers and greet them. we feed ,clothe and house the poor. the work we are doing there and in afghanistan has helped to free those troubled nations.but you never hear about that......its always pictures of cars on fire or civilians running for their lives..... that is like forgetting those soldiers who worked so hard to make those freedoms a reality and paid the ultimate price to make it happen.if you want to hear the other side of the war go here and browse for a while.

http://www.armytimes.com

theres always two sides to anything in this world, and this war is no different, you just have to work a little harder to find it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phoenixspade on 2004-10-06 00:02 ]</font>

Mystil
Oct 6, 2004, 05:25 AM
Yes I stopped reading about our armies progess in iraq a long time ago, because they were only reporting the bad stuff. I have a close friend who is an iraqi(who lives in the UK) that didn't oppose the war and thinks you all being there was the best thing that ever happened to the country.

However she didnt expect so much resistance. But the freedom is a BIG plus. I bet some of them still can't believe they are free from Sadaam. Anyway, yea the media gets thier ratings by posting the stuff that is pleasing and dramatizing to the eye. Which sadly is negativity.