PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe on Cartoon Network, WTF?!

FinalMasterM
Jul 5, 2002, 02:33 AM
Yea, I was BORED and flipping through my usual channels, and BOOM, they were showing G.I. Joe (The movie) on CN at 1:00 AM EST. I'm wondering if it was a July 4th thing or if CN has been showing it since the beginning of the week (since I know for a fact that it wasn't on at 1 last friday). Also they only showed 1, 30min segment.

EDIT: Added the time it was on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FinalMasterM on 2002-07-05 00:36 ]</font>

watashiwa
Jul 5, 2002, 04:28 AM
Hehe, either way, why the "WTF"?

G.I. Joe is a cartoon, isn't it? Why not show it on the Cartoon Network? .. unless, you think that all Cartoon Network shows is Anime! :o

Knowing is half the battle, mofo!

ABDUR101
Jul 5, 2002, 04:31 AM
I think the "WTF" was because G.I. Joe is a pretty dated cartoon. I'm surprised I haven't seen it more often during the days on CN. Infact, I haven't seen it since I was 8, on Saturday mornings.

MetalGriever
Jul 5, 2002, 05:17 PM
COBRA!!

YO JOE!!!

I used to LOVE that show! I'm kind of glad they put it on CN, but so late? >_< The movie was pretty cool. Too bad Hasbro scrapped the Cobra-La line. I would've liked to see a Golobulus toy. Unless the tail had a flexible plastic rod in it, good luck getting him to stand up. I believe there WAS a Nemesis Enforcer toy though.

FinalMasterM
Jul 5, 2002, 08:24 PM
Wata, the "WTF" is because CN doesn't annouce anything unless its "Cartoon Cartoon" or "Toonami" related.

I love G.I. Joes, it and Transformers and the old Ghostbuster cartoons made up my childhood. I would of loved to known this was on CN ahead of time rather than being surprised.

Guile
Jul 5, 2002, 08:36 PM
hell yeah! same thing happen to me was flippin through channels late at night and all of a sudden Sgt. Slaughter pops up and G.I. Joe starts

man i never remember it being this weird with all the powers and weird people..been a long time

Spy
Jul 5, 2002, 10:52 PM
I hope Rhino releases GI Joe on DVD like what they did with Transformers...

ABDUR101
Jul 5, 2002, 11:00 PM
*comes back from explorer dieing every time he tried to post*
*bitch slaps IE*

OK, are they going to show the ENTIRE series, or just sporadic episodes? :

SSJChenZhen
Jul 6, 2002, 12:36 AM
Sorry to be off the topic on G.I.Joe...But, since we are talking about G.I. being on CN..I heard that on Fox kids network this fall,The Vision of Escaflowne will debut this fall..I hope this is true because i wanna see this..But, not on Fox kids..

JustinHayabusa
Jul 6, 2002, 04:30 AM
COOOOOBRAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Sorry, I had to come out of lurking to say that... -_-;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JustinHayabusa on 2002-07-06 02:33 ]</font>

LordDez
Jul 6, 2002, 11:25 AM
At least I'm not the only one confused by this...but since they have G.I. Joe...they have to put Transformers back on now. If they don't I'm gonna sit around until they do!

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Jul 6, 2002, 01:21 PM
They started with the movie (cut up into episodes, with bits removed) starting last week, and are scheduled to show episodes until August 9th.

It's supposedly some deal they struck with Hasbro over the redeux of the 80s Joe toyline.. but why they decided to start with the Cobra-la arch instead of the very beginning is beyond me.

Oh yeah, CN DOES have Transformers (along with He-man) scheduled for the fall schedule.. but I heard they are not the classic 80s episodes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LordDez
Jul 6, 2002, 03:48 PM
Not the old ones? Then why bother. Those new "Transformers" are just all flashy and pretty...no storyline or...anything. The originals are always best...

FinalMasterM
Jul 6, 2002, 06:12 PM
On 2002-07-06 13:48, LordDez wrote:
Not the old ones? Then why bother. Those new "Transformers" are just all flashy and pretty...no storyline or...anything. The originals are always best...

*hugs LordDez* I love ya man!! The older TF was the best, why not put it and G.I. Joes on Toonami? They are action packed and kick major ass.

LordDez
Jul 6, 2002, 08:25 PM
If they do though, put Transformers on at a reasonable time though. I'm not staying up until 2:00 AM just to watch a TV show...even though I have done this before...several times...

FinalMasterM
Jul 7, 2002, 12:33 AM
They better annouce it as well, I'd hate to see it on one night and they are already half way through season 1.