PDA

View Full Version : XBox Exclusive Characters

Darrin
Jul 5, 2002, 11:04 AM
I heard that XBox users gets to extra character to choos from. They are supposed to be more choices that Yuji Naka made because the XBox version comes out later. Anyway I dont know anything about this.

go here:

http://psoexplorer.tripod.com/gallery/id4.html

I dont know if anybody saw this before its pretty old.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darrin on 2002-07-05 09:26 ]</font>

Wewt
Jul 5, 2002, 11:06 AM
On 2002-07-05 09:04, Darrin wrote:
The Characters are:
HUnewmn
HUnewearl

I'll save you time, that's BS.

GhoStar
Jul 5, 2002, 11:11 AM
Where did you hear this rumour? Or are you just trying to start one?

No one's mentioned it before and it doesn't sound believable. Why add two new hunters?

That'd be pretty stupid and make the game very unbalanced.

Oh, and Yuji Naka isn't even producing the Gamecube version, so I doubt he's doing the Xbox one either.

X-thirteen
Jul 5, 2002, 11:16 AM
um there already is a HUnewearl

Darrin
Jul 5, 2002, 11:21 AM
YES, I made a mistake and you guys reply fast and NO this is NOT a rumor I am looking for the Pictures NOW.

Wewt
Jul 5, 2002, 11:49 AM
Those 2 new characters look like fan art, even though at the top of the page it says " Official Sega Artwork".
The new newman looks like Ganondorf...
They look very fake to me...it wouldn't make sense to make 2 new hunter types and no new types for ther ranger and force class.

By the way, where does it say anything about Xbox on that page? I didn't see anything about Xbox on that page...

GhoStar
Jul 5, 2002, 12:14 PM
The game originally had 18 characters planned. They were scrapped, but three were bought back for the GC version.

There was then a book released with official character art.

Malkavian
Jul 5, 2002, 12:34 PM
18 characters planned? I thought 14, since there's pictures of 14 only.
And ST had in mind since beginning that androids can't be forces, and newmans can't be rangers.

Darrin
Jul 5, 2002, 02:23 PM
On 2002-07-05 09:49, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
Those 2 new characters look like fan art, even though at the top of the page it says " Official Sega Artwork".
The new newman looks like Ganondorf...
They look very fake to me...it wouldn't make sense to make 2 new hunter types and no new types for ther ranger and force class.

By the way, where does it say anything about Xbox on that page? I didn't see anything about Xbox on that page...

The site I went to had links to a Gallery page for pictures there is a seperate link for the GCN/XBox

NiGHTS
Jul 5, 2002, 03:32 PM
I understand that androids can't be forces because of course, the can't use techniques but why is it not possible for a newman to be a ranger. I think you are jumping to conclusions too soon if you ask me; just because there isn't one (yet) doesn't mean its not possible.

Duelle
Jul 5, 2002, 04:48 PM
Those pics your seeing that look like fan art are actually character sketches for PSO Ver 1 that got canned. Those are scans from the art book, "PSO Book of Hunters". In the book they have designs for RAmarls, HUmarls, HUNewms, FOMars, and some kind of pelican dudes. Trust me, you don't want to see the pelican guys.

Strider_Gren
Jul 5, 2002, 06:00 PM
Those "pelican guys" were actually another form of Newman, if I'm not mistaken. I thought that's what it said in the book, but my Japanese is quite pathetic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Strider_Gren on 2002-07-05 16:04 ]</font>

watashiwa
Jul 5, 2002, 06:18 PM
Someone would have to be a fucking crack addict to trust PSO Explorer as a reliable source of news for the X-Box PSO. >.>

X-thirteen
Jul 5, 2002, 06:28 PM
On 2002-07-05 09:21, Darrin wrote:
YES, I made a mistake and you guys reply fast and NO this is NOT a rumor I am looking for the Pictures NOW.

sorry but you are just too gullable.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jul 5, 2002, 11:37 PM
The Link seems to be no good. I own the Book of Hunters, if anyone needs to confirm anything with it just ask. Theres lots of cool artwork for characters and early versions. Theres some scary very wierd looking early version of the characters.

X-thirteen
Jul 6, 2002, 12:12 AM
u wanna scan some cool pics Javier?

Kenks23
Jul 6, 2002, 01:19 AM
Um yeah... no. It's possible but most likely it's not real stuff.

shinokou
Jul 6, 2002, 01:34 AM
its probably pics from the book of hunters, and people are using their non-presence in the GC version to say that they must be XBOX characters...

ABDUR101
Jul 6, 2002, 05:11 AM
I think the "pelican doods" would have been cool to use. :

Ultimately, it would'nt of made much sense though. I mean..Newmans are kind of practical..but..pelican doods?

Yeah..someone was dippin in the Amish coke bin. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Malkavian
Jul 6, 2002, 06:58 AM
I'm not saying Newmans can't be rangers, I'm only remembering ST said it.

HeeroX
Jul 6, 2002, 11:50 AM
Ok, that's totally fake. You can tell that that guy that's all musculer with all those weapons, would never be on a pso game. The girl with the red pants is PSO type. The force guy is practicly a remake of the new Force for GC, and the ranger girl looks just horrible. The only one that looks PSO material is Hunewearl.

Parn
Jul 6, 2002, 12:07 PM
It's not fanart. Some of those images were stolen from Skeearmon's site "Pioneer Alley", which is currently down, but had numerous scans from the Phantasy Star Online Book of Hunters.

If you don't believe it, buy the book off of Ebay and see it for yourself.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jul 6, 2002, 01:04 PM
On 2002-07-05 22:12, X-thirteen wrote:
u wanna scan some cool pics Javier?

yea I'll try to find a friend with a scanner to scan some of the pages (mainly the ones with sketches of early versions of characters)

As for the wierd drawings which don't seem to fit. The Book of Hunters is full of those. Remember those drawings were just conceptial, so some of them look real un-official. I feel sorry for any fool who believes those are pictures for new Xbox characters.