PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Wand

XerosMaster
Oct 9, 2004, 12:09 PM
Can someone tell me exactly what the hell it does? I've heard it halves TP cost, but instead of using TP for spells it uses HP, so why have the cost reduction in the first place? Or was I just given false information? Please detail how it works exactly.

Luis
Oct 9, 2004, 12:19 PM
the psyco wand give you 3 things, the first is the TP reduced cost if you cast an spell that uses 40 of tp, it will use 20 of your TP and 20 of your HP, all the techs are the same way except RESTA, that will heal you, and the cost will be the half of the tp

the second its a boost of 1.5x for the all the hard techs.

and the third one is a free Foie, Barta or Zonde, when you use the special shoot of the pwand it will cast any of those 3 spells, for free, and it haves a good use when you know, how, when and where you need to use it.

The psyco wand is one of the harderst weapon to find a very nice 12 Stars weapon, i am not sure but i think thats the only cane, rod and wand class weapon with 12 Stars.

Anyhow do not belive that all 12 stars weapon are bad, they are 12 stars for something maybe the game designer knows how to use it, and i belive he knows why a 12 stars weapon are the best of the game, we are just bunch of players with diferents ideas.

Ketchup345
Oct 9, 2004, 12:56 PM
On 2004-10-09 10:19, Luis wrote:
the psyco wand give you 3 things, the first is the TP reduced cost if you cast an spell that uses 40 of tp, it will use 20 of your TP and 20 of your HP, all the techs are the same way except RESTA, that will heal you, and the cost will be the half of the tp

and the third one is a free Foie, Barta or Zonde, when you use the special shoot of the pwand it will cast any of those 3 spells, for free, and it haves a good use when you know, how, when and where you need to use it.

The psyco wand is one of the harderst weapon to find a very nice 12 Stars weapon, i am not sure but i think thats the only cane, rod and wand class weapon with 12 Stars.

Anyhow do not belive that all 12 stars weapon are bad, they are 12 stars for something maybe the game designer knows how to use it, and i belive he knows why a 12 stars weapon are the best of the game, we are just bunch of players with diferents ideas.
1) If it is 40 TP normally, it would be 20 TP and 40 HP. Dark Bridge takes half from both (so 20 HP and 20 TP).
2) Are you positive that it doesn't take HP from the amount Resta heals yourself?
3) Except Megid, and possibly Grants.
4) Only up to about level 15 I believe.
5) Dark Bridge probably is 12* too, but otherwise yes, it is the only legitimate 12* FOrce Weapon besides S-Ranks.
6) 12 Stars are generally decent at least; but some are worse than others (TJS compared to other Swords, its rarity isn't worth all the bad points, the HP is weak).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-10-09 10:57 ]</font>

FOmasta89
Oct 9, 2004, 01:02 PM
in my opinion its not all that good. if you want a real Fo weapon try finding Magic Rock of Moola w/ a Redria and change it in to a Summit Moon (the best Fo weapon)

Ketchup345
Oct 9, 2004, 01:04 PM
On 2004-10-09 11:02, FOmasta89 wrote:
in my opinion its not all that good. if you want a real Fo weapon try finding Magic Rock of Moola w/ a Redria and change it in to a Summit Moon (the best Fo weapon)

It only boosts MST by 55, and only adds 30% to the basic techs (Barta, Zonde, Foie). It is great for when you are using all 3 of these within very short times of each other (but for Groups, the Psycho Wand may help more, due to reduced TP cost and 30% boost to Ra* techs).

Neo48
Oct 9, 2004, 02:19 PM
I have enjoyed my Forces Summit Moon. I'm currently searching for a Hildeblue head for her to use.

Mystil
Oct 9, 2004, 02:28 PM
On 2004-10-09 11:02, FOmasta89 wrote:

Eww, that thing sucks! >_< I rank Pwand better than that thing. And you get the same MST boost with Striker of Chao(cept for tech boosts).

Fireal
Oct 9, 2004, 02:36 PM
I like the Summit Moon, but I like the Psycho Wand more...

I think I'll start a hunt soon with my Purplenum FOnewearl...

Hrith
Oct 9, 2004, 02:46 PM
On 2004-10-09 10:19, Luis wrote:
Wrong, as Ketchup pointed out.

It's 1.3x, and only to Rafoie, Razoonde and Rabarta.

On 2004-10-09 10:56, Ketchup345 wrote:
The 3 are Lv 11.

5) Dark Bridge probably is 12* too, but otherwise yes, it is the only legitimate 12* FOrce Weapon besides S-Ranks.
Dark weapons are 11 stars, but there are only two findable 12 stars weapons: Psycho Wand and Heaven Punisher, others are made, and generally less rare.

Luis
Oct 10, 2004, 06:17 AM
On 2004-10-09 10:56, Ketchup345 wrote:
1) If it is 40 TP normally, it would be 20 TP and 40 HP. Dark Bridge takes half from both (so 20 HP and 20 TP).
2) Are you positive that it doesn't take HP from the amount Resta heals yourself?
3) Except Megid, and possibly Grants.
6) 12 Stars are generally decent at least; but some are worse than others (TJS compared to other Swords, its rarity isn't worth all the bad points, the HP is weak).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-10-09 10:57 ]</font>

Yes i am positive that when you cast resta, it uses the half of the TP needed and you got a full healing, that means 1 or 2 things.

1) it uses the HP needed for the spell and after that resta effect goes on.

2) This spell maybe be different from others, but ill stay with point 1.

Dark bridge is 11 stars not 12, and the Heavens punisher may inflict a lot of damage depending on, when, where and how you use it, thats depending on the dificult of the game, numbers of monsters around, the game level, the monsters resists, for example the room with 9 lilys in the waterfall tears is one of my favorite places to use a heavens punisher, not also it will hit all the 9 lilys in every single shot, but also it will stop the lilys from using his poison/megid attack, if you do the hits at the exact time, but we are talking about pwand not heavens p.

Also i really dont want to compare the pwand with the dark bridge, because until now, there is not a legit way to find the dark bridge, so for me it doesnt exists.

Tycho
Oct 10, 2004, 08:16 AM
It's weird to say PWand or Summit Moon are the 'best' FO weapons. With supporting being the most important job of a FOrce, how are Striker of Chao and Marina's Bag less important?

In case Ian sees this topic: You can alternate between weapons, you'll only have to wear Striker of Chao once every five minutes or something anyway.

Ofcourse PWand is cool, but using just that is.. bad. Unless you're nuking offline, but that's about it. FOrces are for supporting.