PDA

View Full Version : BEE system?

inferno10
Jul 5, 2002, 05:28 PM
I just completed the new US quest, Soul of Steel. I'm not going to spoil the quest for anyone who hasn't played it yet, but at the end, a lady at the Hunter's Guild tells me she'll forward a message to my BEE system.

Does anyone know how to access the BEE system, or what it is?

Parn
Jul 5, 2002, 05:42 PM
As quoted from the offline quest "Knowing One's Heart" by the RAmar in the Hunter's Guild:

"It's a data transporting system that the council placed on Ragol. With this system, we can send messages from here almost instantaneously."

Think "Simple Mail".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2002-07-05 15:43 ]</font>

inferno10
Jul 5, 2002, 05:51 PM
Oh, so I should have just waited for a while, then a Simple Mail would have arrived?

Kent
Jul 5, 2002, 06:03 PM
The BEE system is referred to in quests to add substance to the quest's story.

But don't go thinking that every time the game mentions the BEE system you'll get a simple mail after a bit...

inferno10
Jul 5, 2002, 06:17 PM
No, at the end of the quest, the lady in the Guild explicitly said she'll forward a message from the client to my BEE system. I guess I didn't wait long enough for it to arrive.

Kupi
Jul 5, 2002, 06:19 PM
Hrm. The only other instance of getting a BEE message is in the second quest with Kroe. Try checking the Quest Board under the Item Pack.

Other than that, I dunno. :/

inferno10
Jul 5, 2002, 06:20 PM
Anyway, on a similar note, you should really play this new quest. The translation is very good (found only 1 grammatical error in the entire dialogue). The quest has these really neat missions (not just a hack-and-slash quest). And the storyline of the quest ties into an old offline quest, and also links the main game storyline a bit to the quest.

Rhete
Jul 5, 2002, 06:28 PM
On 2002-07-05 15:51, inferno10 wrote:
Oh, so I should have just waited for a while, then a Simple Mail would have arrived?

I think you'll be waiting a long time before an NPC mails you

watashiwa
Jul 5, 2002, 06:31 PM
On 2002-07-05 16:28, Rhete wrote:
I think you'll be waiting a long time before an NPC mails you

Mail received from ALICIA...

"Pipe plz? thx!"

Parn
Jul 5, 2002, 06:31 PM
The "think simple mail" part was just to give you an idea on how the BEE system works. It's an instant messenging system, like simple mail.

inferno10
Jul 5, 2002, 07:21 PM
Yeah, there are offline quests in which you can be "Simple Mailed" by a NPC. It's not really Simple Mail, but it activated the mail icon just like you were online and you check the mail through the Simple Mail menu like normal. Pretty ingenious. Didn't know that was BEE system though.

Shadow_Blade
Jul 5, 2002, 08:31 PM
I rember an offline quest when i was simple mailed. Although i have no clue what it was and it was an import ver 2 (japanese only) quest so i couldnt even read the mail. Arn't I alot of help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Attually i sorta rember a bit from it but i wont post my wandering cloudy thoughts. If anyone wants them for some odd reason just pm me.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 5, 2002, 10:01 PM
The first occurance of this happening was the Burning Rangers type quest where you attack flames to put them out. don't know if a translation for that one was ever done.

inferno10
Jul 5, 2002, 11:21 PM
Yeah. The Fire Swirl in Central Dome quest was translated into US PSO ver.2.

Malkavian
Jul 6, 2002, 06:36 AM
In the soul of steel if you coear it correctly, saving elenor, watching elenor mag and all you must go to the counter and then reload the quest again. You will notice the quest is different and you can go to forest 1

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Jul 6, 2002, 01:18 PM
When the attendent tells you that you have mail from Montague, check your Quest Status window instead of your Simple Mail menu.
The mail is in there.

*thought the mail from NADJA in the Fire Swirl quest was funny.. I forgot I was not online there for a moment and an actual player mailed me. ^_^;*

watashiwa
Jul 6, 2002, 01:21 PM
I've never played the Central Fire swirl quest. Maybe the Simple Mail offline is reason enough to play it for me. =P

Should have made her say "PIPE PLZ", though.

inferno10
Jul 6, 2002, 01:55 PM
How do you gain access to the Forest in the quest? I couldn't figure out what to do with the mag cell.