PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: belra cannon

IamBob
Oct 10, 2004, 06:36 PM
ummm, why is the Belra Cannon considered a shot? I mean it can't hit more then 1 target, isn't that what makes a shot, well, a shot? And I didn't even relize it untill I could use it, and when i could, I was all like "DUDE, time to whip out my Belra Cannon", and I used it for a bit... and then I was all like "WHOA,this weapon SUCKS!!!"... So here I am why did they classify it as a shot, if it, well, isn't really like a shot???

Mixfortune
Oct 10, 2004, 06:45 PM
The classification generally goes by the animation set used for the characters when firing or using the weapon. Otherwise, the small changes that make the different weapons, well... different, would scatter the weapon groups into various categories where there would be only one or two weapons. So, they take one characteristic of the weapon that forms the classification for that particular item. No matter what is chosen for the specifier, there's bound to be items or weapons that seem like they don't fit. That's just the way it has to be.

Akulamenuri
Oct 10, 2004, 06:45 PM
Ive never seen nor used the weapon, but just as a guess I would think its a shot because it shoots slow, or it could just be a classification error.

Jason
Oct 10, 2004, 07:03 PM
Like Mixfortune said, weapon classification goes by the animation of the weapon.

Eihwaz
Oct 10, 2004, 07:19 PM
Actually, Jason, that's debatable. Spread and S-Rank Needle have the animation of a Rifle, but many people (myself included) refer to the class of weapon to which they belong as "Needles".

But Belra Cannon is more like Inferno Bazooka than a Shotgun, this is true.

Jason
Oct 10, 2004, 07:39 PM
On 2004-10-10 17:19, Eihwaz wrote:
Actually, Jason, that's debatable. Spread and S-Rank Needle have the animation of a Rifle, but many people (myself included) refer to the class of weapon to which they belong as "Needles".

But Belra Cannon is more like Inferno Bazooka than a Shotgun, this is true.

Hmm. That's true. Another one is a Victor Axe. It have animations of a sword type, except it only hit one target.

PJ
Oct 10, 2004, 07:39 PM
And I'd classify Inferno Bazooka as a shot anyways http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyways, I classify Spread Needle as a Rifle. I am a classify by animation type person anyways.

If you use the argument that there's an SRank Needle (To say that Needle should be a type of it's own) then we'd have a J-Cutter type, a Hammer type, a Harisen type... etc.

EDIT: Actually, if someone tried to equip a FOmarl with an Arms (You know what I mean, but I don't want this going to cheaters >_>;;; ), we could see if the Infernoo Bazooka FOmarl animation is indeed the animation FOmarls have for shots. If it's not, then I'd probably not classify the Inferno Bazooka as a shot then. (By one animation? Yes. n_n)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-10-10 17:42 ]</font>

PJ
Oct 10, 2004, 07:44 PM
The Victor Axe is an interesting one though. The Victor Axe has the animation of the Sword, and SRank Axe has the animation of a saber.

...So I'd still classify Victor Axe as a Sword, SRank Axe as a Saber, and in the Victor Axe description, I'd add sometyhing about single target only.

Skorpius
Oct 10, 2004, 07:54 PM
FOmarls shoot every comboing "Shot" class weapon like inferno. I tested this.. with.. certain means.. >.>

Belra Cannon = Shot
Spread Needle = Rifle

No debate. XD

Neo48
Oct 10, 2004, 10:43 PM
Why not just think of it as a Photon Launcher with a different animation? Much like the Victor Axe. Does it have longer range than normal Shots?

Maybe there should be a class called Single Shot?

Eihwaz
Oct 10, 2004, 11:55 PM
Launchers are held over the shoulder, while Shots are held in front of the character. Examples of Launchers include Guilty Light, and NUG-2000 Bazooka.

Hrith
Oct 11, 2004, 06:19 AM
Like Lolli once said, if you're not satisfied with the classification, do your own ! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That's what I did, that was what Sounomi did, and I think Primrose did, too.

In my classification, there is a "Bazooka" class that includes Belra Cannon, Inferno Bazooka, NUG2000-Bazooka and many others.

On 2004-10-10 17:44, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
...So I'd still classify Victor Axe as a Sword, SRank Axe as a Saber, and in the Victor Axe description, I'd add sometyhing about single target only.
In my classification, they are both sabers, and the Victor axe has the description "Sword animation and radius" while the S-Rank simply has "Sword Radius".

And that is the very reason PSOW decided to classify by animation: to avoid debates of whether Needle is a shot, a rifle or a needle or whether Burning Visit is a shot or a launcher, etc.