PDA

View Full Version : Moving chars from card to card w/o USB?

FreeThrow
Oct 10, 2004, 08:56 PM
I have a card I haven't registered online yet and I want to take my char to another card so I can play on my PSO at home. Is this possible without a USB card?

VioletSkye
Oct 10, 2004, 09:01 PM
yes, but its against the forum rules to discuss unfortunately. BTW this method would transfer the entire card so I don't believe you would be able to move just 1 char over to another save that has chars on it already. So I change my answer and say no lol.
BTW welcome to PSOW http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-10-10 19:04 ]</font>

shinobu_seta
Oct 11, 2004, 08:53 AM
How about this? My characters are on a regular gamecube memory card, but I also have a USB card available too. Is there any way possible to make a back up of those characters using the USB?

Paranoid of FSODX,
~Shinobu

VioletSkye
Oct 11, 2004, 11:26 AM
Yes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif But as I mentioned, it's against the forum rules to explain.

FreeThrow
Oct 11, 2004, 04:17 PM
Perhaps instead of telling me what to do you could clue me in on what NOT to do while trying to accomplish this?

VioletSkye
Oct 11, 2004, 04:24 PM
I'm not exactly sure why you need to transfer the char in the first place. Is the char you want to move on a friend's memory card or something? If its your memory card, then just take it with you and use it on the system at your home.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-10-11 14:25 ]</font>

FreeThrow
Oct 11, 2004, 05:34 PM
This is why:
I have been developing characters at my home with my brothers on our gamecube and copy of PSO Ep I and II. I just purchased PSO+ so we can begin playing online. I have just started renting a house, and I want to get a gamecube and use our old copy to get online so we can play together. I have many hours invested in the characters on their memory cards, but they have characters on those memory cards as well. So I can't simply take the cards. I need to find a way to copy the cards, delete mine from theirs and theirs from mine so I can use mine while they use theirs. If you can't help on these forums, then please email me the solution at [email protected].