PDA

View Full Version : PSO - Players Sometimes Obnoxious

Verdandi
Oct 10, 2004, 09:55 PM
Okay, so that is a light hearted exaggeration. The current community of GC PSO makes me cringe. I'm here a week and I'm already seeing things I didn't like on the Dreamcast servers. Note: Ticked off generalizations follow.

I hate this whole group mentality syndrome running around. Notorious are the Japanese, hiding their Cmode game names in Japanese. Oh wait, I can understand your Japanese. You can't hide from me ^_^. And quit freaking out when I start speaking Nihongo. You act like anyone outside of Japan can't speak your language. It's a wonder we call it the devil's language.

More importantly, I hate those who will be talking with you one moment treating you like their best bud, then totally ignore you the second for an old time friend. Oh, I'm 40 levels below you, while your friend is 4 above you, my bad.

Selfishness. Hate it. Downright hate it. You don't always have to ask about what that special weapon is. I might be more likely to just hand it over since I like most old v1/v2 loot better than the new GC junk. Give me my Heaven Punisher and Twin Chakram, hold the percents.

Wait, you would rather join strangers in ult than play with me in a hard game. Me, someone you trust? Oh, you want your experience. My mistake.

Listen to the damn team members if they know how to play C-mode. Quit running ahead dang it.

More importantly I'm so fucking tired of seeing people abandon others. Whatever happened to teamwork? Oh wait, right, I'm not in your group or small circle who have group mentality, so I should just grin and bear it and be honored that you even let me join your team. My appologies.

PSO can stand for a number of things, Players Sometimes Obnoxious is one of them.

Skorpius
Oct 11, 2004, 03:13 AM
Give me my Heaven Punisher and Twin Chakram
Eh, you can get these still, Chaks are kinda easy with Oran.

And, about the group thing, ugh, tell me about it. I sit in the lobby all fecking day, only to learn that dcent players hide in a sub lobby, I sit in L1, they run off to L10 or something, and even if I'm in L10, they form teams of people they know and abandon all hope when someone isnt on, even if I'm standing right there saying "I can help"

Meh, I think most of the decent players ran away from the Arrogants and Ignorants.

Mystil
Oct 11, 2004, 12:42 PM
Yea, I hear ya. And I totally understand, heck I have a history here of ranting about how much the players tend to suck in the game. Your rant is so similar. Selfishness, exclusions, belittlement, I've been through it all. I've become somewhat of a recluse in the game thanks to those experiences. But my good attitude and partnership remains intact. My greatest pains from the game stem from friendships gone wrong, with them leaving me to dry for someone they knew for awhile. Or are in a group and tend to just pretend I'm not there. And those ones who only mail you when you need something.

*sigh*

Nai_Calus
Oct 11, 2004, 02:19 PM
Um, most times if someone asks what a rare was, they just want to know what it was. O_o; It's called 'curiosity'.

I agree on the rest. Gee, maybe the reason I'm not to Ult is because I can't find anyone to help me level and I can't solo much more than Heat Sword without dying? Whoops, can't run through the single mode quests, either, 'cause you've gotta have the government quests done to unlock areas there. Maybe the reason I'm not on the same challenge as you is because god forbid someone should drop back a challenge or two to do it with me? I'm not even incompetent like half the people on BB are, so sheesh. XP

Eh, you just hang around, join the occasional game when there's room and then prove your competence and usefulness and worth as a conversation partner. That's how you make friends and influence people.

Scrub
Oct 11, 2004, 02:32 PM
Gah, Ian, I don't see how you can't find someone to play with. Everytime I get on somebody is talking about you.n_n;

I'm just glad some new people from here are starting to get on; my first day or two were almost completely solo(boringz), being as I was like the only low-level about.<_< Of course, now I've begun to venture into the *omg* Japanese ships and find friendly folk there.

I haven't been playing online too long, but I haven't found anybody obnoxious yet. I'm sure I'll let everybody know when I do.