my sisters?
Reward: 500 Meseta

*whistles innocently* =^_^=

Melissa

Tycho
Nov 12, 2004, 07:18 PM
Woohoo, even more easy mag cells!
Yay for cake! ^ ^;;

This isn't all that bad of an idea actually. Halloween and Valentine have their own quests, why not christmas? o:

Deus-Irae
Nov 13, 2004, 04:26 AM
is this for mag cells?

bah, theyre making it too easy on the people with not enough patience to hunt rappy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

it would be neat to see a new quest though.

Barubary6
Nov 13, 2004, 07:04 PM
On 2004-11-13 01:26, Deus-Irae wrote:
bah, theyre making it too easy on the people with not enough patience to hunt rappy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

No don't hunt rappy =(

Melissa

EJ
Nov 13, 2004, 11:30 PM
More easy ways to get mag cells. But I like hunting those little rappies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Deus-Irae
Nov 14, 2004, 02:35 AM
On 2004-11-13 16:04, Barubary6 wrote:

On 2004-11-13 01:26, Deus-Irae wrote:

No don't hunt rappy =(

Melissa

2 years too late :0

Coolest-Mum
Dec 9, 2004, 01:12 PM
Yeah nice quest, but if you want a christmas present, and you havnt managed it yet? need a little help? try here... http://www.shadowwarriaz.com/XMass.htm

Hrith
Dec 9, 2004, 01:24 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=91763&forum=7&21

Tycho
Dec 9, 2004, 03:04 PM
Aww, it's no fun to spoil the puzzles instead of just trying on your own. o:

Coolest-Mum
Dec 10, 2004, 02:47 AM
well you dont need to look up the puzzles, that why i didnt include the data on this forum, i found out my self, what did what, and im working on another theory about the wrapping. i will also post my findings on my site and if you dont want to see it then dont click on the link http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tycho
Dec 10, 2004, 05:13 AM
You are saying noone has yet figured out what it depends on what color the quest-present will be? o.o

momonpso
Dec 12, 2004, 02:28 PM
There are 2 ways to get a Christmas present on XBox. You can complete the Christmas quest on Ult doing Level 4 puzzles. Plus you can collect all 9 colors of gift wrap (trade with other people to get all 9) and give them to the lady in the Christmas quest who asks for presents for the children (she is by the area where the teleports appear) Give her all 9 at one time and after you give her the last one she will give you a Christmas present as a reward for your generosity

On GC so far I have only gotten the Presents from doing Level 4 on Ult in the quest. We are trying to see if you can get one by trading all 9 colors of wrapping paper but no one seems to be interested in doing the quest to get their wrapping paper on GC.

Ryna
Dec 12, 2004, 11:51 PM
During the last couple of hours, I've been trying to collect presents from people. However, I seem to have encountered a minor glitch. Sometimes when I go to exchange presents with a person, their present will change from its original color to white. That and it seems to be very difficult to find people who want to trade wrapped presents.

lain2k3
Dec 13, 2004, 06:27 AM
ja, I am one of the victims.

My present turned from blue to white after ryna saw it.

Freak ass radiation therapy >_>;;

Coolest-Mum
Dec 13, 2004, 07:11 AM
Gamecube ver 1&2

well i for 1 am willing to trade a present i get the colour orange, you will always find me as $exiblond on Dubhe 05 from 8pm till late BST, i have infact given her 9 presents all differnt 1's but i do remember giving her a white one with a pink ribbon and didnt get a remark on the wrapping, so maybe there is a glitch with the white ones, you also get white with pink ribbons on gallons. anyways i havnt gotten anything from her as yet, i think i need just 1 more, oh and i do have serveral colours spare so i may have 1 that you need.

Hrith
Dec 13, 2004, 07:19 AM
On 2004-12-12 20:51, Ryna wrote:
That and it seems to be very difficult to find people who want to trade wrapped presents.

Try Mintaka, that's where I went for Halloween cakes, just use a bit of WS, Japanese people are usually wanting to help.

momonpso
Dec 13, 2004, 01:30 PM
You can not use the white with pink ribbon as one of the 9 colors. On XBox you actually see the list of colors in Gallons shop when you ask to wrap a gift. If you have shown a color wrap to a guy in the lobby of Gallons shop then it will show up on the list. If you haven't shown him a color it will show up as ???? on the list.

Coolest-Mum
Dec 13, 2004, 02:11 PM
SO let me get this straight, you need to find the 9 different colours before you are able to get items wrapped in those colours, these are the colours i have come across so far:

lightblue box/orange ribbon
Yellow box/blue ribbon
yellow box/no ribbon
pink box/green ribbon
orange box/no ribbon
green box/no ribbon
Dark pink box/ no ribbon
black box/yellow ribbon
Which 1 am i missing?

And why was it when i tryed to use a present today (Pink box/green ribbon) i was told it wasnt a present by the redhead?

Tycho
Dec 13, 2004, 06:32 PM
So.. Does that mean what we are supposed to be able to unlock the colored presents this way, so we could buy them from Gallon's Shop even after the event?
And do you need to unlock this for each of your characters seperately?

Ryna
Dec 13, 2004, 09:21 PM
I just spent the last two hours trying to get more presents, but I had about 8 presents change colors to white on me. There seems to be no rhyme or reason about the presents changing colors. I hope ST fixes this bug in the update tonight.

Coolest-Mum
Dec 14, 2004, 06:09 AM
On 2004-12-13 15:32, Tycho wrote:
So.. Does that mean what we are supposed to be able to unlock the colored presents this way, so we could buy them from Gallon's Shop even after the event?
And do you need to unlock this for each of your characters seperately?

yes you need to unlock them seoerately

lain2k3
Dec 14, 2004, 06:17 AM
O_o yeah, ryna, your 'black' present turned white when i dropped it in an offline game. ;_;

Hrith
Dec 14, 2004, 06:43 AM
Limited time offer ?

Coolest-Mum
Dec 14, 2004, 01:45 PM
On 2004-12-14 03:43, Kef wrote:
Limited time offer ?

i have no idea. but if it is on a limit, you have to the new year until it goes.
I have now got all 9 diferent colours and able to choose my wrapping in gallons shop, i gave all 9 new colours to the redhead an comfirm that you get a christmas present in return for your kindness.

This is the GC EP1&2 version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coolest-Mum on 2004-12-14 10:46 ]</font>

momonpso
Dec 14, 2004, 05:22 PM
Yes, for once XBox got something before GC. XBox had the complete quest from the very start.

Unfortunately, they still didn't fix the GC glitch about the changing colors. My blue wrap still changes to white as soon as I leave the quest. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Coolest-Mum
Dec 14, 2004, 05:48 PM
On 2004-12-14 14:22, momonpso wrote:
Yes, for once XBox got something before GC. XBox had the complete quest from the very start.

Unfortunately, they still didn't fix the GC glitch about the changing colors. My blue wrap still changes to white as soon as I leave the quest. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yes, we are trying to find out why this happens at the moment, one of my friends who is USA has a problem where every present she gets no matter what colour it is will turn to white as soon as she saves any where ie bank to enter/exit a game.
It seem the people who are affected with this is non Pal users? can any one verify that?
I am a PAL user, i tryed to help her but all turned to white!

yellow5
Dec 14, 2004, 05:50 PM
On 2004-12-13 18:21, Ryna wrote:
I just spent the last two hours trying to get more presents, but I had about 8 presents change colors to white on me. There seems to be no rhyme or reason about the presents changing colors. I hope ST fixes this bug in the update tonight.

If you bank a colored present and take it back out, it will revert to the generic white and pink present.

Tycho
Dec 14, 2004, 05:56 PM
So um. This means getting 9 different colored presents straight, without getting FSOD'd in the meanwhile, and without going offline? Or.. Am I missing something?

Furthermore, do we have to wrap -something- up? (So, will we be forced to pick up a Flame Barrier or Gladius once a run or something?)

Superguppie
Dec 14, 2004, 06:02 PM
Not for me, Coolest-Mum, and all other PAL players I know. We can store colored presents just fine.
A US player we are on with doesn't even have to store the present to make it turn white. Just taking it to another team in her inventory is enough...

Oh, and on the PAL version, even the presents wrapped by Galon seem to work fine for both the paperguy and the redhead. Bring in the dummy remakes.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-12-14 15:09 ]</font>

Ryna
Dec 14, 2004, 06:13 PM
On 2004-12-14 14:50, yellow5 wrote:

If you bank a colored present and take it back out, it will revert to the generic white and pink present.

That isn't true. I've banked a few presents and retrieved them without the color changing. There is something else involved. I believe there maybe some problems involving the NTSC/non-Plus version of the game.

On a side note, I was able to put together a complete collection of presents this morning with some help from SexiBlond. I can help out anyone now that is missing out on some presents.

Tycho
Dec 14, 2004, 06:34 PM
Oh? Soo... Colored presents bought with meseta count as well? Seems interesting, that way it won't be all that hard to complete all this anymore.

(I think I still have a bajillion Gallon points from when I was trying to find out how to get Lucky Coins. ~_~)

Ryna
Dec 14, 2004, 06:49 PM
On 2004-12-14 15:34, Tycho wrote:
Oh? Soo... Colored presents bought with meseta count as well? Seems interesting, that way it won't be all that hard to complete all this anymore.

(I think I still have a bajillion Gallon points from when I was trying to find out how to get Lucky Coins. ~_~)

Yes, the presents you buy from Gallon's will work. Now the question is whether we will ever see you online again.

yellow5
Dec 14, 2004, 06:57 PM
On 2004-12-14 14:56, Tycho wrote:
So um. This means getting 9 different colored presents straight, without getting FSOD'd in the meanwhile, and without going offline? Or.. Am I missing something?

Furthermore, do we have to wrap -something- up? (So, will we be forced to pick up a Flame Barrier or Gladius once a run or something?)

My statement was based on my own observations, so take it with a grain of salt. With that being said, it seems similar to the blue-boxed rare mag glitch. If you raise a rare mag and drop it on the ground before banking it, the box will be blue. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing and only affects JP/US players. Not really a big deal, in my opinion.

Ryna
Dec 14, 2004, 07:03 PM
On 2004-12-14 15:57, yellow5 wrote:

My statement was based on my own observations, so take it with a grain of salt. With that being said, it seems similar to the blue-boxed rare mag glitch. If you raise a rare mag and drop it on the ground before banking it, the box will be blue. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing and only affects JP/US players. Not really a big deal, in my opinion.

The situation is more serious than that. Once the box becomes white, it will not change back. This can be extremely problematic if you are trying to find people to trade with. It can be extremely discouraging to see a dozen presents turn white.

yellow5
Dec 14, 2004, 07:17 PM
On 2004-12-14 16:03, Ryna wrote:
The situation is more serious than that. Once the box becomes white, it will not change back. This can be extremely problematic if you are trying to find people to trade with. It can be extremely discouraging to see a dozen presents turn white.

Right. I understand that.

Hmmm. Wouldn't it be infinitely easier to just have Gallon wrap presents for you? Or do those turn white as well?

Has Gallon's Shop been updated so that he will automatically offer to wrap an item for you (for a fee) in any of the 8 or so colors, or do you have to unlock that feature?

Sorry, I haven't been online in a couple of weeks so I am unfamiliar with how that aspect of the Pioneer Christmas quest works.

Tycho
Dec 14, 2004, 07:43 PM
I'm sorry. ._.
It'll be holiday soon, so.. I hope I could come back online then. ):

Ryna
Dec 14, 2004, 07:53 PM
On 2004-12-14 16:17, yellow5 wrote:
Right. I understand that.

Hmmm. Wouldn't it be infinitely easier to just have Gallon wrap presents for you? Or do those turn white as well?

Has Gallon's Shop been updated so that he will automatically offer to wrap an item for you (for a fee) in any of the 8 or so colors, or do you have to unlock that feature?

Sorry, I haven't been online in a couple of weeks so I am unfamiliar with how that aspect of the Pioneer Christmas quest works.

Before you can buy a present for a particular color combination, you have to have that particular present in your possession. You have to take the present to the guy standing on the promenade in Gallon's and then that combination will be unlocked for you. This particular aspect of the quest was added last night and does not need to be unlocked.

As for acquiring the presents, it is just easier if you talk to someone that already has all of them. Trading presents can take a very long time.

yellow5
Dec 14, 2004, 08:52 PM
Before you can buy a present for a particular color combination, you have to have that particular present in your possession. You have to take the present to the guy standing on the promenade in Gallon's and then that combination will be unlocked for you. This particular aspect of the quest was added last night and does not need to be unlocked.

As for acquiring the presents, it is just easier if you talk to someone that already has all of them. Trading presents can take a very long time.

Ah, thank you for clarifying. It's a shame you only get Christmas Presents on Ultimate mode for the Pioneer Christmas quest . I guess it's sort of a little reward for your dedication to a particular character. Well, I've personally used that opportunity to pick up over 5 Christmas Presents from that quest alone, so I'm satisfied. Cheers and beers!

Narbeck
Dec 14, 2004, 09:02 PM
Sounds dumb to me

Ryna
Dec 14, 2004, 09:18 PM
On 2004-12-14 17:52, yellow5 wrote:

Ah, thank you for clarifying. It's a shame you only get Christmas Presents on Ultimate mode for the Pioneer Christmas quest . I guess it's sort of a little reward for your dedication to a particular character. Well, I've personally used that opportunity to pick up over 5 Christmas Presents from that quest alone, so I'm satisfied. Cheers and beers!

Actually, your character can be any level to trade in presents. You only need to be level 80 to get the Christmas Present from solving the puzzles.

yellow5
Dec 14, 2004, 09:50 PM
On 2004-12-14 18:18, Ryna wrote:

On 2004-12-14 17:52, yellow5 wrote:

Actually, your character can be any level to trade in presents. You only need to be level 80 to get the Christmas Present from solving the puzzles.

I know. I was implying that it would have been nice if any character could do the quest on any difficulty to get the Present. Oh well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Coolest-Mum
Dec 15, 2004, 04:31 AM
On 2004-12-14 15:13, Ryna wrote:

On 2004-12-14 14:50, yellow5 wrote:

That isn't true. I've banked a few presents and retrieved them without the color changing. There is something else involved. I believe there maybe some problems involving the NTSC/non-Plus version of the game.

On a side note, I was able to put together a complete collection of presents this morning with some help from SexiBlond. I can help out anyone now that is missing out on some presents.

My pleasure Ryna, What version of PSO do you play?
My Friend *Scout* who i tryed to help last night, we couldnt get any of her colours to stick, ive asked he to try contact you to see if you are able to help, this whole white turning presents stuff has got he baffled!

Ryna
Dec 15, 2004, 08:21 AM
On 2004-12-15 01:31, Coolest-Mum wrote:
My pleasure Ryna, What version of PSO do you play?
My Friend *Scout* who i tryed to help last night, we couldnt get any of her colours to stick, ive asked he to try contact you to see if you are able to help, this whole white turning presents stuff has got he baffled!

I've been using Plus mostly. When I switched over to Episode 1&2 the other day, a few of my presents changed colors. In other games where the other user's presents have been turning white, they have always been using the NTSC version of Episode 1&2.

You should ok if you buy and drop presents in the same game. Once you leave the game, I'm not to sure what a person can do.

I'd be glad to help out your friend, just have him PM me.

EJ
Dec 15, 2004, 06:49 PM
On 2004-12-14 10:45, Coolest-Mum wrote:

On 2004-12-14 03:43, Kef wrote:
Limited time offer ?

i have no idea. but if it is on a limit, you have to the new year until it goes.
I have now got all 9 diferent colours and able to choose my wrapping in gallons shop, i gave all 9 new colours to the redhead an comfirm that you get a christmas present in return for your kindness.

This is the GC EP1&2 version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coolest-Mum on 2004-12-14 10:46 ]</font>

Is it one per char or can you get keep giving the lady 9 different colors each time to get more xmas present?

Ryna
Dec 15, 2004, 07:11 PM
On 2004-12-15 15:49, ForceEJ wrote:
Is it one per char or can you get keep giving the lady 9 different colors each time to get more xmas present?

You can only get one present per character by giving presents to the lady.

SheWren
Dec 17, 2004, 10:28 AM
But it does not depends on character level. You can have with a level 1 char as for the Halloween period. It's just more expensive as you usually have to buy presents from Gallon.
I am PAL user and never had color changing problems. I exchange with 3 friends and store presents safely.
Ah, yes: Gallon's Points are good to wrap, too.
Tested the last 2 days.

Tycho
Dec 18, 2004, 12:27 PM
So um. As long as we pay up 90K meseta, L1 characters can get a christmas present?
Damn. It's getting too easy. xP

Ryna
Dec 19, 2004, 04:51 PM
On 2004-12-18 09:27, Tycho wrote:
So um. As long as we pay up 90K meseta, L1 characters can get a christmas present?
Damn. It's getting too easy. xP

You are correct Tycho, you just need 90k of meseta and a level 1 character. Although it can take a few minutes to wrap a new set of presents for each character and transfer them.

Nai_Calus
Dec 19, 2004, 06:04 PM
PSOBB, unsurprisingly, also does not suffer from present colours changing.

MT7218
Dec 20, 2004, 10:06 PM
Not to sound n00bish, but I have a question: If you have already got a present from the puzzles, can you still get another present from trading in presents? So far, I've gotten 7 presents via the puzzle method already...

Ryna
Dec 20, 2004, 11:37 PM
On 2004-12-20 19:06, MT7218 wrote:
Not to sound n00bish, but I have a question: If you have already got a present from the puzzles, can you still get another present from trading in presents? So far, I've gotten 7 presents via the puzzle method already...

Yes, you can still get a Christmas presents from trading in presents, even after solving the puzzles.

Tycho
Dec 27, 2004, 09:49 AM
Quick question in case anyone will read this..
Is anyone that has a bunch of these colored presents online at the moment? ._.

Ryna
Jan 2, 2005, 06:51 PM
In case anyone is curious, you can still wrap presents in different colors in Gallon's quest. Also, it seems you can still talk to the guy to unlock the various colors.

Tycho
Jan 4, 2005, 08:12 AM
By the way, thanks a lot Ryna, I managed to get twenty Christmas Presents in one night.

And I figured that about the colors too, so I saved one of each color to unlock them on Tycho when I can get back. ~_~