PDA

View Full Version : Dear...

Nai_Calus
Nov 12, 2004, 09:58 PM
Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon and Utah:

This flaming homosexual gives you a hearty dose of lubeless sodomy.

Fuck you up the ass, gutless motherfuckers.

Eihwaz
Nov 12, 2004, 10:07 PM
I feel for you, Ian.

Such a basic issue as gay marriage shouldn't have even BEEN on the ballot. Let ALONE getting banned. Homophobic retards.

Oh well, just shows that the people in those areas care more about something that is none of their damn business, than stuff that actually effects the world.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-11-12 22:05 ]</font>

Solstis
Nov 13, 2004, 12:54 AM
Ah... the wonders of mob rule.

Eihwaz
Nov 13, 2004, 01:06 AM
I believe it was Aristotle who said that democracy was the rule of the many. And one of his students (Socrates? Not sure) replied "But have you seen the many?"

So true. So true.

Tycho
Nov 13, 2004, 10:51 AM
Ya, sucks.
But just see it this way. Who cares about marriage anyway. It's not like it would add much to a relationship except more paperwork for it to be official.

ABDUR101
Nov 13, 2004, 12:02 PM
There are benefits to being married aside from it just being more "official" and added paperwork.

It's not unthinkable for a homosexual couple to want to be wed in holy matrimony, nor for a couple to have the added security that being married to the one you love gives.

darthsaber9x9
Nov 13, 2004, 06:27 PM
I can slightly understand any religious objection for marriage being called on the basis of it being writen about in the bible( I hope you understand that sentence lol). But at the very least some kind of equivalent should be avaiable with exactly the same legal workings.

ABDUR101
Nov 13, 2004, 11:49 PM
On 2004-11-13 15:27, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
I can slightly understand any religious objection for marriage being called on the basis of it being writen about in the bible( I hope you understand that sentence lol). But at the very least some kind of equivalent should be avaiable with exactly the same legal workings.

Maybe homosexuals actually want their faith involved in their marriage like straight couples that do? There are no christian homosexuals that fully beleive in the bible? They aren't allowed to have their faith involved in their life?

Heh, funny. It's not even about that. It's about equality. No one should have to "settle" for a stand-in that isn't what they deserve when it comes to something like marriage.

Solstis
Nov 14, 2004, 12:41 AM
On 2004-11-13 20:49, ABDUR101 wrote:

On 2004-11-13 15:27, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

Maybe homosexuals actually want their faith involved in their marriage like straight couples that do? There are no christian homosexuals that fully beleive in the bible? They aren't allowed to have their faith involved in their life?

Heh, funny. It's not even about that. It's about equality. No one should have to "settle" for a stand-in that isn't what they deserve when it comes to something like marriage.

Oh my! Such radical thoughts!

*sniffle*

I forgive you AND your brother for betraying me now.

Tycho
Nov 15, 2004, 07:27 AM
Homosexual christians....

but....

It was their bible that betrayed them by saying marriage was exclusively for heterosexual couples in the first place... :/

KodiaX987
Nov 15, 2004, 07:46 AM
Come on guys, Church isn't gonna change their book for you. Wanna know what marriage was supposed to be in the first place for 'em? To make a kid. And to be honest, I haven't seen homosexuals breeding among each other! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

KodiaX987
Nov 15, 2004, 07:49 AM
(Double post)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2004-11-15 15:36 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Nov 15, 2004, 06:52 PM
On 2004-11-15 04:46, KodiaX987 wrote:
Come on guys, Church isn't gonna change their book for you. Wanna know what marriage was supposed to be in the first place for 'em? To make a kid. And to be honest, I haven't seen homosexuals breeding among each other! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Thats not a real arguement anymore either though, because not every married couple has kids, nor intends to have kids.

All I see marriage for anymore is a form of bond and trust between two people that want to live their lives together. Funny enough 50% can't even do that, heh. Hurray for infidelity!

Eihwaz
Nov 15, 2004, 07:44 PM
On 2004-11-15 04:27, Tycho wrote:
Homosexual christians....

but....

It was their bible that betrayed them by saying marriage was exclusively for heterosexual couples in the first place... :/

Read this (http://kevincassell.com/PERSON/POLITICS/left/sodom.htm). It makes a lot of sense, I think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-11-15 16:48 ]</font>

anwserman
Nov 16, 2004, 12:36 AM
No... to tell the truth, this whole argument shouldn't even focus on gay marriage.

It should focus on how religion has become intertwined into government. If marriage is a religious belief, then it shouldn't be sactioned by ANY state; civil unions should be the norm for everybody and if somebody wants to get married, then they can go do their own religious thing.

But the marriage would have no bearing on what the state sees in the couple... they'd have to have a civil union. Somewhat like a Bar Mitzfah or First Communion,... the state doesn't give a damn if you do those things and it should treat marriage the same way.

Eihwaz
Nov 16, 2004, 12:40 AM
That makes a lot of sense, Anwserman.

Tycho
Nov 16, 2004, 08:57 AM
On 2004-11-15 16:44, Eihwaz wrote:
Read this (http://kevincassell.com/PERSON/POLITICS/left/sodom.htm). It makes a lot of sense, I think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-11-15 16:48 ]</font>

I read it, but... I don't see how it applies to now. It's still because of the bible there is no gay marriage allowed in the US.
Moving away doesn't seem a good option either.. ._.
Shit. :/

Mystil
Nov 16, 2004, 10:01 AM
On 2004-11-12 18:58, Ian-KunX wrote:
Georgia

Yea sure, I knew my state would be against it. Had no doubt in my mind. Why is it such a big deal to homosexuals anyway? Getting the right to marry that is. You can still live with your partner and stuff. . . Unless you want it to 'officialize' the partnership.

Solstis
Nov 16, 2004, 10:28 AM
On 2004-11-16 07:01, Silhouette wrote:

On 2004-11-12 18:58, Ian-KunX wrote:
Georgia

Yea sure, I knew my state would be against it. Had no doubt in my mind. Why is it such a big deal to homosexuals anyway? Getting the right to marry that is. You can still live with your partner and stuff. . . Unless you want it to 'officialize' the partnership.

Because you lack quite a few rights if you are unable to 'officialize.'

As in, according to the eyes of the law, you are currently not but two lovers, a summer fling if you will.

If one dies = no pension, no visitation rights, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-11-16 07:38 ]</font>

anwserman
Nov 16, 2004, 12:31 PM
I gotta love ignorance.
Don't you ever read the news about how two people live together for like 50 years, one dies and then the other person gets jack shit because the family takes it all, leaving him with nothing?

Thats why, Silo.
Marriage isn't just a relationship, there is a financial gain to it too.

Scejntjynahl
Nov 16, 2004, 12:48 PM
On 2004-11-16 09:31, anwserman wrote:
I gotta love ignorance.
Don't you ever read the news about how two people live together for like 50 years, one dies and then the other person gets jack shit because the family takes it all, leaving him with nothing?

Thats why, Silo.
Marriage isn't just a relationship, there is a financial gain to it too.

Yes yes, very true, but not be controversial or anything... but couldnt have that person that passed on have left a last will and testament? I am just referring to the example you pointed out. I am quite certain there are many other benefits from a recognized marriage as tax breaks and such.

ABDUR101
Nov 16, 2004, 06:15 PM
Heh, for shit's sake. Who cares how many other ways of getting pensions and wills setup to try and even it out, the shit isn't equal. There are homosexual christians, as there are homosexuals of every race and religion. Is it so hard to understand?

The thing is, "mainstream" christianity doesn't want it, and thats all thats stopping it. Every "holier than though" dumbfuck who wants to "protect the sanctity" of marriage is saying nothing more than that they don't care if isn't equal rights to not allow it, it makes them feel icky and they themselves don't condone it, and thats where it stops.

The thing is, who the hell has spoken to God recently and gotten His take on it? No one, it's all based on one damn story, in a single revelation, that every god damn person takes out of context.

Maybe if these "holier than thou" people would learn to understand what the fuck they follow instead of, oh look, here comes some ignorant irony, being SHEEP led by nothing more than the sheep in front of them, maybe they'd realise what they're doing.

Heh, seperation of church and state comes off as a big damn lie anyway. The majority in government use their personal values(which are played into by their religious values, as well as "social acceptance" values), and it all gets shot to shit anyway.

Who can get married to who?

Who the hell has the right to say except the people involved as long as they aren't hurting anyone else?

Everyone likes sexy lesbians though! Whee! Two hot lesbians, ooooooo.

Good for show, just not for marriage.

Ness
Nov 16, 2004, 06:24 PM
It just shows that fear, discrimiantion, and ignorance and synonymous with the phrase "moral obligation."

Shattered_weasel
Nov 16, 2004, 08:19 PM
OK First off, I don't THINK that the "Seperation of church and state" was ever set in stone.

Second off, drop the homophobe shit. They arn't afraid of gays and/or lesbians at all. It is just against thier religion. Just like Jews don't eat meat that isn't kosher. Does that make them an unkosherphobe. Of course not. (but we always have the crazy people who protest about it.)

You are also calling ignorant because they don't believe the same things you do. That is just sad. They have there beliefs you have your own. They just happen to be the majority and we just happen to live in a country that is somewhat of a Democracy.

Now on my view of things. Go ahead and get married. Have the time of your life. Adopt a child(unless you find some way to have one). Live long and prosper.

ABDUR101
Nov 16, 2004, 09:51 PM
So it's not ignorant at all to limit someone else's life just because it doesn't go along with your views? Huh. And how am I ignorant? Am I the one limiting someone else's life? I don't give a damn what anyone else does in their life as long as they aren't causing harm to someone else, so how am I ignorant again?

I could care less what anyone beleives in, as long as you having a beleif in something doesn't make you feel like you have an obligation to God or country to dictate equality, and only offer "second best" options instead.

And what the hell, an "unkosherphobe"? You're comparing someone who doesn't eat food based on it's preparation to the current topic? Muslims don't eat haraam food either based on how the animal is killed, so what. Thats an entirely different subject, one that people don't get beat the shit out of over.

And nope, not everyone is a homophobe, but it's not like they don't exist by any means. Heh, my cousin is a good example. OOOOOoooo lesbians he loves, but if he had the chance he'd beat the shit out of a homosexual male that might have looked his way. Quite a number of people exude the same feeling. My cousin is a nice guy to hang out with by all means, but that doesn't change anything. You can be the nicest person in the world to friends and family, but if you're racist/prejudice, you're not winning any medals.

I'm done with the topic, heh, it can only be discussed so many times on the forum.

Hope for the best anyway.

Shattered_weasel
Nov 16, 2004, 11:02 PM
Abby first off I did not say you or any one else was ignorant in any way. You are probably one of the people that go in the other way.

Hmm where to start...let's go with the "unkosherphobe" response. That whole paragraph was for the people who call anyone who does not want gay marrige a homophobe. This is untrue(to some degree). Homophobe is some one that is afraid of gay or lesbian people. Christians are not afriad of them in anyway. They just do not want them to get married. The "Unkosherphobe" remark was just a very bad analagy(and thanks you gave me a brain fart for trying to think of another religion to compare it to).

Now let's ask ourselves this...is it the Christians(the ones that acctually somewhat participate in the religion) that are going out and beating the hell out of gays or is it the country bumpkins that are doing it? I believe that it is more so the country bumpkins than the Christians.

All I am saying is it all the Christians (I know everyone in there head is saying yes)fault for all the beatings or is it just some of the REAL homophobic people.

Christians just don't want gays/lesbians to get married.

And for some nice chunk of info Muslim/Islam religion is also against the idea of gay marriges.

Tycho
Nov 17, 2004, 07:37 AM
On 2004-11-16 15:15, ABDUR101 wrote:

Heh, seperation of church and state comes off as a big damn lie anyway. The majority in government use their personal values(which are played into by their religious values, as well as "social acceptance" values), and it all gets shot to shit anyway.

Ya, indeed. I blame politics for not separating religion and law. x.x;

Jehosaphaty
Nov 19, 2004, 12:19 AM
anybody and their mother can claim to be a "christian". so many sects and people take shelter under the title "christian", that more often than not this gives those who believe that 1.Christ died for their sins 2.God doesnt hate fags. a rather bad name. think what you want, just dont lump ignorants with christians who at least know what they stand for.

InfinityXXX
Nov 19, 2004, 12:49 AM
Umm my family voted for gay marrage you see we're black and my mom says there struggle reminds her of the civil rights movement she told me "How would you like it if they said black people couldn't marry"but being black is a race and homosexuality isn't and some people take that into account for gay marriage. i have no choice being black but in a way some homosexuals say they have no choice being gay some people say homo sexuality is a born with thing when you have one gender that has a lot of DNA from their opposite gendered parent. MEEH i dunno, i agree with my mom in a way, i mean she took 5 homosexualaity classes but for all you homo haters just go ahead and let them have their right to marry its not gonna kill you.