PDA

View Full Version : Tell me 5 reasons why should i get the gamecube exept....

Sid
Jul 6, 2002, 11:51 AM
Well dont tell me Resident evil,Smash bros,that luigi game, mario sunshine or Zelda. I want to know why the gamecube is good??

Parn
Jul 6, 2002, 11:56 AM
The GameCube sucks. You won't like it. Don't buy it. Don't buy PSO either.

HeeroX
Jul 6, 2002, 12:06 PM
*looks at Parn with the evil eye* Let me rephrase all that stuff. THE GAMECUBE ROCKS. The reason Gamecube is better than Xbox is because the games on GC don't get boring as fast as the ones on Xbox does. Gamecube has a lot of good games. The ones you mention, Zoids Vs, Battle Fegshen(same type of game as dynasty warriors)Bomberman Generations, Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, Super Smash Bros Melee, For all of you who have played that hilarious game for N64. It's these little japanese baseball guys wit these big heads, and..... I can't explain it but it was really fun, and I don't even like baseball. lol, but It's coming out for Gamecube. And of course PSO is gonna rock on Gamecube. Oh yah, Evolution Worlds is coming out for Gamecube. I could go on wit good games for Gamecube for a while. But I think you get my point, that Parn is wrong, and I'm right about the Gamecube. AND PSO FOR GC RULZ. see ya.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HeeroX on 2002-07-06 10:08 ]</font>

Parn
Jul 6, 2002, 12:27 PM
Apparently my sarcasm seemed to fly right over your thick, yet hollow head.

Perhaps you should consider taking in more information and common sense, and taking less "information" out of your asshole. You know what I'm talking about.

Point is, buy a GameCube because you want one, not because a bunch of people tell you to. If you really like PSO (which you'd have to if you're here), then buy a GameCube. Not rocket science.

GhoStar
Jul 6, 2002, 12:30 PM
What other reasons would you like to us to use if we can't use games?

Isn't that what matters?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GhoStar on 2002-07-06 10:35 ]</font>

Parn
Jul 6, 2002, 12:38 PM
Well, the GamePurse DOES have a handle on the back. You also can open it up and store little cracker sandwiches inside.

Other than that, I dunno.

watashiwa
Jul 6, 2002, 01:06 PM
The Gamecube is good because it's sexy, baby. Simply sexy. Ohhh, that cubical look. So sleek. And that controller that just drives me wi-wi-wild!

I dunno, why get any console? Because you want to play some friggin' good games on it, right? Well, if you've restricted us to not naming games, I dunno why else you'd want to buy any console! >.>

Uh, the Gamecube's CDs are cute?

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 01:35 PM
1) It's the cheapest

2) It has the best 1st party support

3) It has strong (exclusive) 3rd party support (Namco, Capcom, Sonic Team, etc.)

4) It has good controller/accessories

5) Safe to say it'll have more PSO players.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 6, 2002, 01:58 PM
I'll liken this to playing PSO:

If you want to play PSO this fall/winter than get a GC.

Want to wait for a while for PSO with voice chat? than get an XBOX.

Want to dress up like a monkey and be a real life Donkey Kong? Sure do that too. This topic was like people tellin' ya what to do so I fit that in.

Ness
Jul 6, 2002, 02:07 PM
The gamecube is the best system out there simply because it has good games. SSBM, Evolution Worlds, Bloody Roar, Eternal Darkness, and PSO are just a few of the good games for GC. I almost bought an Xbox, but then I realized that all of Xbox's games sucked ass. In other words, screw Xbox, buy Gamecube.

Dangerous55
Jul 6, 2002, 02:20 PM
Lol, I hate fanboys. The X-Box sucks because YOU dont like the games? Interesting.

The GC is not better then the X-Box, the X-Box is not better then the GC. The PS2 is not better then the GC. The GC is not better then the PS2. The PS2 is not better then the X-Box. The X-Box is not better then the PS2.

Get my point?

In conclusion, get a GC because it has great games just like the PS2 and X-Box.

Cube
Jul 6, 2002, 03:12 PM
Top EXCLUSIVE Reasons To Purchase a Gamecube.... off the top of my head, forgive me if i forgot some.

Costs Less
AWESOME Controller
Small Compact System (with oh so splendid handle)
Light weight
Small CD’s.
Nintendo First Party Games
Rare
2nd Party games
More 3rd party games than N64
Shortest Load times
Great graphics
Best Texturing System
GBA Connectivity
GBA Camera Connectivity
Perfect Dark 0
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: 0
Resident Evil 2,3, CV
Resident Evil 4
PSO Ep 1 & 2
PSO is the CHEAPEST to maintain on Gamecube
Shigeru Miyamoto
Donkey Kong
Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
Legend of Zelda
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Luigis Mansion
Bomberman Generations
Wave Race
Beach Spikers Tennis
Sonic
Yuji Naka’s support
Square is BACK with Nintendo!
Dragons Lair
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Galleon
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Pokemon
Golden Sun III
Camelot RPG
Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO
Marionette
Animal Crossings!
Mystic heroes
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Armada
F-ZERO GC
Die Hard: Vendetta
Evolution Worlds
Skies of Arcadia!!!
Mario party 4
Wario World
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II
James Bond
Kameo
Too Human
1080 White Storm
Enter the Matrix
Gladius
RTX Red Rock
Harvest Moon: A Wonderfull Life
The Hobbit
Animal Leader
100 marios
Glass Rose
Cas RA
Donkey Kong Racing
Duke nukem: Forever
GIFTPIA
Roll-o-Rama
Haven
Gold Star Mountain
Mario Golf
Mario kart
Mario Tennis
Mr Driller
Perfect Dark 0
RAVE
Soul Calibur II
Stage Debut
Virtua Fighter Quest
Planet Harriers
Square GC Games
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Eternal Darkness
Lost Kingdoms
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Tales Of Phantasia
Namco RPG (from the team that made Xenosaga)
Star Wars: Rouge leader
Sega Soccer Slam
Wrestlemania X8
Virtua Striker 2002
Zoo Cube

watashiwa
Jul 6, 2002, 03:26 PM
On 2002-07-06 13:12, Cube wrote:
Top EXCLUSIVE Reasons To Purchase a Gamecube.... off the top of my head, forgive me if i forgot some.

Okay, I guess you didn't read the topic at all before you posted all that BS. >.>

He said he didn't want names of games as reasons. Jesus F. Christ.

Dangerous55
Jul 6, 2002, 03:37 PM
Not all those games will be exclusive either.

geewj
Jul 6, 2002, 03:41 PM
On 2002-07-06 11:58, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Want to dress up like a monkey and be a real life Donkey Kong? Sure do that too. This topic was like people tellin' ya what to do so I fit that in.

soo...are you gonna make the monkey topic or not dammit!

I perfer the GC over the other systems cause it has the games i want, and thats what it all comes down too. No point in spending a little more money for a "better" system if you think all the games stink like poo.

ABDUR101
Jul 6, 2002, 03:54 PM
I'm going to buy a Gamecube, and give it my own color scheme just to take it to work and tell everyone I bought a $150 paper weight that doubles as a handy defense weapon. Oh Oh! And it holds sharpened throwing stars/discs! Sharpened to a fine edge as I sit here on my ass with nothing to do but make fun of everyone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

geewj
Jul 6, 2002, 04:15 PM
On 2002-07-06 13:54, ABDUR101 wrote:
I'm going to buy a Gamecube, and give it my own color scheme just to take it to work and tell everyone I bought a $150 paper weight that doubles as a handy defense weapon. Oh Oh! And it holds sharpened throwing stars/discs! Sharpened to a fine edge as I sit here on my ass with nothing to do but make fun of everyone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

hey, if your lookin for paper weight, the Xbox controllers do the job, unless you can find a better use for em. I couldn't :/

pixelate
Jul 6, 2002, 04:20 PM
It's purple.
It's feminine.
It'll keep you company.
It'll keep your sister company.
It'll make your parents think you're gay.

neko-chan
Jul 6, 2002, 04:22 PM
On 2002-07-06 12:20, Dangerous55 wrote:
The GC is not better then the X-Box, the X-Box is not better then the GC. The PS2 is not better then the GC. The GC is not better then the PS2. The PS2 is not better then the X-Box. The X-Box is not better then the PS2.

Get my point?

I think you forgot to mention that... DREAMCAST OWNZ YOU ALL!

*escapes* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dangerous55
Jul 6, 2002, 04:24 PM
On 2002-07-06 14:22, beatneko wrote:

I think you forgot to mention that... DREAMCAST OWNZ YOU ALL!

*escapes* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well, I would have mentioned that if I was in a dream world. But I am not. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

watashiwa
Jul 6, 2002, 04:26 PM
On 2002-07-06 14:20, pixelate wrote:
It's purple.
It's feminine.

Not if you get any of the other three colors.

ABDUR101
Jul 6, 2002, 04:27 PM
On 2002-07-06 14:15, Prof_Frink wrote:
hey, if your lookin for paper weight, the Xbox controllers do the job, unless you can find a better use for em. I couldn't :/

I've already tried that, the X-box controller is great for personal defense, because you can get a good grip and it's pure bulk is amazing. But the god damn cord keeps getting in the way :

Besides, the GC has a handle, it's square, and it doubles as a storage unit for my $50 throwing stars damnit!

On 2002-07-06 14:20, pixelate wrote:
It's purple.
It's feminine.
It'll keep you company.
It'll keep your sister company.
It'll make your parents think you're gay.

ok..pixel..those are about the best reasons for getting a GC, thank you.

But I don't need a GC to make my parents think I'm gay, my sister's already have enough company, and I'll be recoloring it :

Now what?! My god, gimme more reasons so I can go spend $150 on something I'm not sure I want!

geewj
Jul 6, 2002, 04:46 PM
On 2002-07-06 14:27, ABDUR101 wrote:
I've already tried that, the X-box controller is great for personal defense, because you can get a good grip and it's pure bulk is amazing. But the god damn cord keeps getting in the way :

....have you seen shanghi noon. The part where he get crazy with the horse shoe on the rope. There you go, why do you think they they made it so heavy.

serioulsy tho, GC pso in october, or august for importers, is a good reason to get it.

ABDUR101
Jul 6, 2002, 04:57 PM
On 2002-07-06 14:46, Prof_Frink wrote:
....have you seen shanghi noon. The part where he get crazy with the horse shoe on the rope. There you go, why do you think they they made it so heavy.

Yes, I have, but I wanted a skull-masher : (

Oh well, guess I'll just have to use it in |337 and nifty ways.

serioulsy tho, GC pso in october, or august for importers, is a good reason to get it.

pffft, he doesn't want games listed. I say get a GC just so you can brag, everyone loves a bragger http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ORRR, you could get a GC for your own god damn reasons.

If you can't think of a reason to get a GC, then don't get one. Simple eh?

geewj
Jul 6, 2002, 05:01 PM
On 2002-07-06 14:57, ABDUR101 wrote:
pffft, he doesn't want games listed.

well all the color options and cup holders in the world wouldnt make a difference if it didnt have good games.

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Jul 6, 2002, 05:21 PM
On 2002-07-06 13:12, Cube wrote:

Costs Less
AWESOME Controller
Small Compact System (with oh so splendid handle)
Light weight
Small CD?s.
Nintendo First Party Games
Rare
2nd Party games
More 3rd party games than N64
Shortest Load times
Great graphics
Best Texturing System
GBA Connectivity
GBA Camera Connectivity
Perfect Dark 0
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: 0
Resident Evil 2,3, CV
Resident Evil 4
PSO Ep 1 & 2
PSO is the CHEAPEST to maintain on Gamecube
Shigeru Miyamoto
Donkey Kong
Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
Legend of Zelda
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Luigis Mansion
Bomberman Generations
Wave Race
Beach Spikers Tennis
Sonic
Yuji Naka?s support
Square is BACK with Nintendo!
Dragons Lair
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Galleon
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Pokemon
Golden Sun III
Camelot RPG
Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO
Marionette
Animal Crossings!
Mystic heroes
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Armada
F-ZERO GC
Die Hard: Vendetta
Evolution Worlds
Skies of Arcadia!!!
Mario party 4
Wario World
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II
James Bond
Kameo
Too Human
1080 White Storm
Enter the Matrix
Gladius
RTX Red Rock
Harvest Moon: A Wonderfull Life
The Hobbit
Animal Leader
100 marios
Glass Rose
Cas RA
Donkey Kong Racing
Duke nukem: Forever
GIFTPIA
Roll-o-Rama
Haven
Gold Star Mountain
Mario Golf
Mario kart
Mario Tennis
Mr Driller
Perfect Dark 0
RAVE
Soul Calibur II
Stage Debut
Virtua Fighter Quest
Planet Harriers
Square GC Games
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Eternal Darkness
Lost Kingdoms
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Tales Of Phantasia
Namco RPG (from the team that made Xenosaga)
Star Wars: Rouge leader
Sega Soccer Slam
Wrestlemania X8
Virtua Striker 2002
Zoo Cube

even tho u did mention the controller, you forgot Wavebird.. the newest first party hardware to achieve the most outstanding performance in cordless controller history

but i am most proud of you.. i couldnt have said it myself

o yea Eternal Darkness too

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 06:06 PM
Give us some ideas of what else you plan on doing with the $150 so we can try to make the GC look better http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ian D
Jul 6, 2002, 06:08 PM
I'd say get it for the games... but since you don't want that listed... well, that's all you really look for in a console. At least if you want to play video games with it.

OMAR
Jul 6, 2002, 06:46 PM
buy it cause you want it...its a good system with plenty of great games and other junk coming out for it...but then again thats just like every other system....

Shrevn
Jul 6, 2002, 08:04 PM
I dont know if anyone said this, since i didnt bother reading the whole thread but I THINK, THE only reason why you should buy a G'cube is because you cant afford a Playstation 2, or a Xbox *cough*

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jul 6, 2002, 10:49 PM
No game system is better than another........it depends on preference.

Nerd
Jul 6, 2002, 11:44 PM
Gamecube works like an advanced HEPA air-cleaner, sucking all 99.98% of dust in your household to its top and sides, where you can gently wipe it clean on a regular basis.

Ive never breathed so easy *infomercial fake giggles*

Dangerous55
Jul 7, 2002, 12:32 AM
On 2002-07-06 20:49, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
No game system is better than another........it depends on preference.

Genius, I am getting followers.

ABDUR101
Jul 7, 2002, 01:28 AM
On 2002-07-06 22:32, Dangerous55 wrote:
Genius, I am getting followers.

No, *gasp* there are other people here with functional brains! Wee, does hell freeze over now?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Nerd
Custom Title:ABDUR's hubba-bubba
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/avatar/Neye18.gif
From: g0th_gUrl's room, lookin through her Undies drawer..

hehe, Nerd is my bitch and he acknowledges it.

Spy
Jul 7, 2002, 03:15 AM
... Okay... getting back on topic here...

On 2002-07-06 09:51, Sid wrote:
Well dont tell me Resident evil,Smash bros,that luigi game, mario sunshine or Zelda. I want to know why the gamecube is good??

What the hell is your problem? You just come in here and ask, and not very nicely either, people to answer your question for you, like the users of this fine message board are your bitches to be slapped around?

Do we look like Nintendo's bitches, with nothing better to do than to sell gamecubes to ignorant, illiterate blundering children?

Jesus Christ... the nerve of some people...

ABDUR101
Jul 7, 2002, 04:43 AM
On 2002-07-07 01:15, Spy wrote:
What the hell is your problem? You just come in here and ask, and not very nicely either, people to answer your question for you, like the users of this fine message board are your bitches to be slapped around?

Yeah I know! God damn, you'd think people'd be more curtious around here and know to ask me first before they go slapping my bitches around :

Jesus Christ... the nerve of some people...

Yeah, we should go tell him off, lets do that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Please, lock this topic. Cube listed so many reasons it's not even funny, and seriously, if THOSE reasons aren't good enough, than this guy needs to go for a very long walk and contemplate life, because he sure as hell isn't going to convince himself to buy a GC.

watashiwa
Jul 7, 2002, 09:04 AM
On 2002-07-07 02:43, ABDUR101 wrote:
Please, lock this topic.

Yes, sir!