PDA

View Full Version : about the sealed j-sword.

Seval
Nov 14, 2004, 12:30 AM
No one knows exactly how to unseal it, correct? Well, I have a few things to experiment on it, But I have a few major problems; 1: I don't have a sealed j-sword. 2: I don't have a skyly characture. 3: I don't have memory card room to get a skyly. 4: Even if I did have the memory card-ness, I don't have the time to raise a skyly. And so, I ask all you skylys out there: 1 legitamte sealed j-sword please. I don't want to have a TJS, I don't want to rob you, I just want to slove the mystery. Also, I give you my word I WILL give it back once it's unsealed. And for insurance, I will let you barrow my greatest legitamte item: The aura field (Slots not included. Must be level 152 or over to use.) But you must give it back once I give you back the sword. If I get FSODed (Frozen Screen Of Death(ed)) or in any other way loose your SJS, I will let you keep my aura field. So if you are willing to help me crack the case, please PM me, and I'll give you my e-mail or, add you to my msn messenger if you have it, so we can meet online. Oh, and if you want your sealed sword back at any time, just give me my field, and we'll go about our lives. Deal?

RicoRoyal
Nov 14, 2004, 12:47 AM
Two things.

On 2004-11-13 21:30, Seval wrote:
4: Even if I did have the memory card-ness, I don't have the time to raise a skyly.

How is it that you don't have time to raise a Skyly character, but you somehow have the time to unseal a SJS? Just an assumption: if it took 35k kills to unseal the sword (which I doubt more with every unsealing brought to my attention), I'm quite sure that it would take much longer to get those kills than it would to get a Skyly character into the 120's (good enough for you and a buddy to do the first two rooms of PW4 over and over again). I suppose you meant to say you dont have time to raise a Skyly AND search for your own SJS, in which case you might have a point there.

I will let you barrow my greatest legitamte item: The aura field

Oran: Aura Field
Pipeable 1/2 drop rate

Skyly: Sealed J-Sword
1/12,603 drop rate

Anyone else see a mismatch there?

Seval
Nov 14, 2004, 01:18 AM
#1: Yes, I meant raising a skyly, serching out the sword AND unsealing. But since I don't have the memory, it doesn't really matter.

#2: Ok then, if you don't want insurance, don't take it. And if I loose your sword, and you still don't want the field, but you're not letting me off the hook, I'll give you a bunch of mesata.
And I confess, I just don't have that many rare-rares. I've got plenty of 9 and 10 star stuff, if you want that as insurance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seval on 2004-11-13 22:22 ]</font>

Deus-Irae
Nov 14, 2004, 02:44 AM
you could give someone all of the junk in all of your characters banks including meseta and your Aura Field and you wouldnt even come close to having enough stuff to trade for a legit SJS.

its just too rare. no one will give you one, or trust you with theirs.

sorry, no chance. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

(how did that sound? i was trying to be nice. =)

Tycho
Nov 14, 2004, 07:39 AM
It's sad but true, Deus Irae is right. :/
As a sidenote, I think ST had confirmed already that it was 31k or something kills.

Eanae
Nov 14, 2004, 10:54 AM
On 2004-11-14 04:39, Tycho wrote:
It's sad but true, Deus Irae is right. :/
As a sidenote, I think ST had confirmed already that it was 31k or something kills.

Indeed they did. In the PSOBB strategy guide, Arslan stated that Sonic team has confirmed that the kill count is the method to unseal the J-Sword.

Have Fun: http://photondrop.proboards36.com/index.cgi?board=generalBB&action=display&num=1099512934

Ketchup345
Nov 14, 2004, 02:35 PM
*Can't believe that noone remembered my sticky exists (though I should update it with that post from PD's site)*

*Stabs Seval repeatedly*
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=84571&forum=7&0

And like said, very few items are considered even a remotely good trade for a legitimate SJS. The only thing I can think of that has a use and is rare enough is the Guld.

And apparently ST has confirmed it.

Seval
Nov 14, 2004, 03:55 PM
Yes, I know there was a sticky. But the sticky really doesn't hand out SJSs for free. And and didn't want to trade for one, but barrow it, and as I see it, YOU would benefit, because you'd get a TJS, and I'd get nothing. I sorry if I sounded greedy or something in my first message, I didn't try to.

Ketchup345
Nov 14, 2004, 04:02 PM
No one knows exactly how to unseal it, correct?

That's the part that I was stabbng you for. The first sentance. If you had read the sticky, you would know that there is a way, and 3 videos of it unsealing.

Seval
Nov 14, 2004, 10:50 PM
Argh! I would have watched them, but my computer connection as far too slow! And now I know that no one is going to agree, let's just drop/close this thread.

Barubary6
Nov 15, 2004, 12:26 PM
No one knows exactly how to unseal it, correct?

No, that's not correct. It's been known for some time that the way to unseal it is to kill 23,000 enemies with it. That exact number was confirmed by me some time ago.

Once you've killed 23,000 enemies, the Use command appears on the item. Using it will turn it into a Tsumikiri. Once you do this, you should put it in the bank then remove it so others can see (there's a bug in it where others will keep seeing the sealed sword).

Melissa