PDA

View Full Version : RA level 40 stats up at Ah Kings joint...

Defend
Jul 6, 2002, 04:48 PM
And the FOnewearl.. all done.

I might.. leave this one.. um.. my fave char has been ... slaughtered.. .

.... .......

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 04:53 PM
Dammit, give us a link or pics http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Defend
Jul 6, 2002, 04:56 PM
oh um sorry.. too shocked to remember...

http://www.planetps2.com/pe2/pso/html/lv40.html

The human RA are ... better...

Khaotika
Jul 6, 2002, 04:58 PM
http://hey.to/pso - Under Database, Lvl 40

Defend: Really? Seems to be a nice joke all around for Rangers.

*waits for jackals*

-Khaotika!

"Hrm...."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Khaotika on 2002-07-06 15:00 ]</font>

ShadowNeo
Jul 6, 2002, 04:58 PM
That is shocking, dammit, i was going to make a RAcast. Dammit!!!!!

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 05:00 PM
What the f**k happened?!?

The ladies insane DFP, and RAmarl has higher ATP than RAcaseal?!?

The early growth rate better not be an indication of the maxed out stats.

Khaotika
Jul 6, 2002, 05:03 PM
*shrug*

Well, this still won't affect my character choices....much. Still....Sonic Team's got some wacky ideas about what should and shouldn't be...

-Khaotika!

"*sigh*"

Defend
Jul 6, 2002, 05:08 PM
I think I'll buy a different game now...

The dfp is still not making sense.. he's almost a FOmarl... he's male, and a droid... and no newearls in the class.
But he's the lowest...

um... HUcaseal.. has..

I feel sick...

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 05:08 PM
You know, it's like ST is trying to force us to use the new characters. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 05:11 PM
I think we should all take a deep breath and relax... Let's all ignore what we've seen and wait for the importers/jpn to inform us what the maxed stats are.

Khaotika
Jul 6, 2002, 05:12 PM
On 2002-07-06 15:08, TeamPhalanx wrote:
You know, it's like ST is trying to force us to use the new characters. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

You noticed that too, eh? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

-Khaotika!

"Maybe I'll go back to FOnewearl instead of FOmar.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif"

ShadowNeo
Jul 6, 2002, 05:17 PM
who knows, maybe ST will have the whole meaning of stats reworked in Episode I&II, after my initial shock, yeah, i probably will make a RAcast at some point, best RA ATP and exclusive guns, besides he uses guns mostly so EVP wont be as much of a problem as with other chars.

Defend
Jul 6, 2002, 05:18 PM
OK.. I can handle this.. I STILL have to have SOME ranger.. and um.. Ramar is better.. um..

I mean, I can still remake Kaloo, just not use him for battle anymore... and have really low dfp.. and everything compared to any HU... and less ata than ramar..

Um..

I need a ranger to use some guns. Thus I must make a ranger. I will have a ranger regardless.. Kaloo will be that ranger.

I will have a ranger...

*repeats*

I sense some very unbalanced BA coming..

Rhete
Jul 6, 2002, 05:18 PM
I'll say it again.

These. Are. Battle. Stats.

You can't prove that they match the real game, much less the final version.

Defend
Jul 6, 2002, 05:24 PM
Yeh EVP I prefer being low..

Saying battle stats could be different to the real game is a bit of a big theory to strike.

Are c mode stats different, are curent BA stats different...

Yes, like MST, ATA better have some hefty reworkings.. boyo.

He went from highest HP, highest DFP, withint 3% of highest ATA, and highest ATP of the RA.. to sub-HUnny stats... wayyy sub-HUnny.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 05:26 PM
Battle stats are same as game stats. From the stats given:

Best RA: HUcaseal

Best HU: HUcaseal

Best FO: Um... just use HUcaseal

Defend
Jul 6, 2002, 05:29 PM
(Best FO would be FOmar I'm guessing).

Spot on with the best RA.

Rhete
Jul 6, 2002, 05:31 PM
Well, its still trial. You guys seem shocked that the 3 new classes are the best. What do you think Sonic Team want you to try out, an old class? I'm sure the stats will be fine in final, and make a lot more sense when maxed.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 05:44 PM
I'm still gonna go with HUnewearl as the primary character (I love that DFP & EVP), but gonna wait to see which RAnger I'll go with. I was thinking about going with one of the droids but... those RAmarl stats... her high MST/TP will definetely make things easier early on.

Parn
Jul 6, 2002, 05:45 PM
I'd settle down a bit people.

I can't help but wonder about a few more things... for instance, damage calculations for %s, if ATA is figured into the damage output on a gun, and so forth. Some might think I'm stretching it here, but MIND on a mag increases MST by 2 for non-force tech-users, but for forces, it increases it by 3.

So... who knows? I wouldn't jump the gun just yet (no pun intended).

SMOKU_9X
Jul 6, 2002, 05:48 PM
I like this! Hope it stays, so hopfully more people will choose the new 3, so there won't be so many damn HUmars running around like myself!!!!!

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 05:49 PM
I noticed that all the character have a MAG attached. So, do we subtract 5 DFP from the total or what?

Parn
Jul 6, 2002, 05:58 PM
What I find interesting is how the RAmar is inferior to the RAmarl in every respect... except ATA.

I can't help but wonder how important a role ATA plays now.

One thing that does come to mind though, that perhaps could explain the strange stats... exclusive items. If there are class specific items, then to me, stats aren't a big deal. Being able to use weaponry that other classes can't touch would be fantastic. Well, so long as they get to use their own exclusive weaponry too.

Eh, most of us are importing, bad stats or otherwise. I'm expecting loads of fun, and everyone else should too... don't let a few numbers get you down.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 06:01 PM
Some of the stats are really funny. For example, all of the FOrces have higher EVP than the RAngers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Defend
Jul 6, 2002, 06:08 PM
Correct about the mag, already asked Ah King.

I read 1 ATA = 5 DEX.

The ATA is more separated from the non-RA, a good thing... except for that dam HUcaseal.

If it makes a bigger difference overall, without being too noticable between the RA, I can handle that.

Its those other 3 stats, dfp hp and atp, that are cutting me up really. Lowest EVP I enjoy.

I guess I have to hop on the "God I hope these aren't the final cut" bandwagon. But one thing's almost for sure, Kaloo won't hold up his BA legacy now.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Malkavian
Jul 6, 2002, 06:46 PM
MM I like those RAcast stats. High atp/ hp and decent ata. What more needs a ranger? heh
i thought racaseal ata would be highest...
They made it weird.. mar way lower than caseal in hunters but higher in rangers...

maybe they thought more in blanace within professions... like hunters are all quite balanced, rangers are all quite balanced, etc..

Well looking at that I'm getting dizzy, RAmarl MST as hunewearl... and lower ata than HUcaseal O_o

rangers evp is the lowest and defense is higher than forces, thing that didn't happen in ver1 were rangers were the lowest dfp class.
Also they arent making stats like pretended in v1 when selecting character. basically because there are 3 new chars and well these doeasn't match with these in the trial.

I think rangers doeasn't look great... but well that happen in v1 too and I enjoyed RAcast the most.Only class I think it can be bad is FOnewearl... not great mst/tp and worst ata/atp

Defend
Jul 6, 2002, 07:05 PM
Dizzy is the word.. the RA aren't making sense..

The RAcast ATP/HP is not high.. remember he used to be HP king.. now its like a whopping 20-25% out.
His ATP doesn't even compete with a HUnny, at all.

FOnewearl.. I think they'll be the FOnewm of Ep2.. IF their DFP shoots up like the HUnewearls seems to be. Lower ATP on a pure FO isn't a loss. FOnewm isn't going to be making huge dents either...

Malkavian
Jul 6, 2002, 07:36 PM
Fonewearl will still be the really low atp that can't use anything and can't do any physical damage but now with less mst and tp...

racast is good inside rangers think that a shot type weapon is GREAT!!!!!!!! na dhunters can't use those haha neither needle.
I think I'll make main chara RAcast and then HUcaseal, fonewm

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 07:49 PM
The stats just show early growth and how you'll fair early on. Let's not forget that the early growth in the DC version didn't really give you a good idea of how the maxed stats would be. The android RAngers will leave their human counterparts in the dust when it comes to ATP.

I am somewhat concerned about FOnewearl's stats.

Wewt
Jul 6, 2002, 08:12 PM
On 2002-07-06 15:58, Parn wrote:
Eh, most of us are importing, bad stats or otherwise. I'm expecting loads of fun, and everyone else should too... don't let a few numbers get you down.

Agreed. I still intend to make my HUcast my main character again, followed by HUmar then FOmar regardless of their stats.

Unless some of you like to choose the best character so that makes playing the game much easier for you...likely to get bored faster too. Stick to your original choices and hope their stats are crap so you can have fun getting beat up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mag_Launcher
Jul 6, 2002, 08:30 PM
i'm still gonna use RAmar and RAmarl.
TeamPhalanx is right about these stats being irrelevant to the max, but...
Phalanx... gotta stop drinking that Haaaaaaaaaaaaterade and reco'nize. When a ranger beats your ass for the first time, I would love to see a picture of you with a "What the f***!?" look on your face. Oh, now I see how it is, gonna tell me like "Aw, that ain't gonna happen." and crap. Well, it might happen sooner than you thnk, so stop talkin' that wack sh*t about what classes we use, hater, hater, mast- No... not that far... but quit hatin', you poser!

TeamPhalanx
Jul 6, 2002, 08:59 PM
Er... eh?

Brus
Jul 6, 2002, 10:37 PM
What the hell has ST done to my RAmar! they made him worse! thats it, someone get out my magnum.

how can I can possibly have freakin 48 dfp at level 40, and if thats with a mag with 5 dfp that means i start the damn game with like 2 dfp or something! AAHHHHH

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2002-07-06 20:40 ]</font>

Ian D
Jul 7, 2002, 01:55 AM
I agree with, uh, whoever said it would be more fun with lower numbers. (I'm too lazy to go quote.) I mean, a challenge is what you look for in a game... and I mean, whenever I'm going to choose a character I usually don't look for the best stats, I just focus on what I want to do with that character and then see who I will use...

On an off topic question, talking about multiple characters I'm wondering do you have to get another HL for each character? Like if I made 3 characters I'd have to get 3 HLs?

Riel
Jul 7, 2002, 04:51 AM
No Yoshi...one HL is all you need,you can make as much guys as you want.

ShadowNeo
Jul 7, 2002, 06:47 AM
I don't really care about these stats anymore, basing our opinions on them would basically be like watching 20 minutes of a movie then basing our opinions on that.

I'm still going to be a HUcast and i'm still going to have fun.

Malkavian
Jul 7, 2002, 07:31 AM
maybe you don't remember the ramar stats in dc.
RAmar were the lowest dfp character in dreamcast. Not max but yes in early growth. Well all rangers had lower stats at early level.
My best character was racast in v1, and it was my 1st, and I did damn good. basically because spread needle was still unknown o very rare, and I could use my superb % shot types http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And now that spread needle is ranger only, rangers rulezzzz

Defend
Jul 7, 2002, 07:32 AM
Remember if we're talking about the difference between early growth rates, and max stats, we should keep it to v1.

And in that sense, yes v1's growth didn't reflect the maxes. Some characters just grew less, longer.
But then, did any class actually grow slower to a higher max? I dunno.

And how many characters do you intend to max? Good max or not, growing up through BA with these stats won't be good. That's why stats are important to me, I wanted to be able to keep using my RAcast in BA... not have to wait til he's maxed. With this start off, he's not likely to get maxed.

But yeh heh, any character will still be fun. Ooh aren't I convincing.

Hmm.. FOnewearls DFP is only that of the FOmarl....

I don't reckon you should make a RAcast Malk. Statswise the HUcaseal wins, if you want a RA I'd take a RAmar I think.

I can't believe I just said that...

Malkavian
Jul 7, 2002, 07:39 AM
You don't know my RAcast powaaa!!!! There's already a year I passted to ver2 and abandoned my 1337 RAcast.
The legend is reborn.... Malkavian RAcast.. coming summer 2002

hehe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2002-07-07 05:45 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Jul 7, 2002, 07:42 AM
I'm totally undecided when it comes to picking either a RA or FO. I'll just make my HUnewearl and HUcaseal then wait for more input from others before deciding on which RA and FO to go with.

Defend
Jul 7, 2002, 07:50 AM
Same here really.. HUnewearl is my only definate...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Hehe Malk the RAcast era is right under you now... his time will have passed for Ep2 hehe... You got the HUcast anyway so http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OwenHimura
Jul 7, 2002, 09:00 AM
Well im in Ah kings site im a member there so far i check the stats and looks like Sega made the game more fair to me.Im still going to be my Blue Humar Owen then thats it.mostly the game is more challenging and morefun since Us Humars have no Shifta and deband.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

BrokenHope
Jul 7, 2002, 10:18 AM
I decided on my classes before all the stats came out and i'm keeping to the ones i picked, which are HUnewearl, HUcaseal, FOmar and RAmarl.

Defend is kinda unhappy about what has happened to RAcast, well i always thought it was odd how high the RAcasts stats were in v2 anyway. Granted he is an android, but still he's a ranger and the fact he just about overpowered a HUnewearl in every stat just seemed odd, she may be the weakest hunter but she's still a hunter none the less and hunters should be stronger than even the strongest ranger since there supposed to be the melee characters.

[Edit]

Besides just from reading some of Defends past posts it seems alot of the reason for picking a RAcast was because of his looks and style which will still be as good as ever if not better now they have added more 9 star rares(which shouldn't be too hard to find) such as photon launcher which looks like a badass rocket launcher just it shoots photons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LuvSlave on 2002-07-07 08:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LuvSlave on 2002-07-07 09:06 ]</font>

Defend
Jul 7, 2002, 10:38 AM
Pretty much yeh.. I doubt I could go a RA and NOT be Kaloo... and yeh you're right about the HUnny vs RAcast in v2... Defend was my main char (HUnny) until v2, so that's saying alot right there.

They didn't have to go quite so harsh... did they.. ? The HUnny had s/d n all..
I would rather a RAcast be my main...

I think since seeing these stats its better to wait and see the final product. How has ATA changed, how the weapons are spread out, how MST is improved, who has what techs.

I'm unhappy cos I'm thinking in v2 terms.. which have changed alot by the looks of it.

ShadowNeo
Jul 7, 2002, 01:25 PM
I don't like the way people are dismissing the RAcast as a good characters. As I see it some characters stats could grow faster but max out at a lower level, for example, those thinking HUcaseal is better than RAcast simply by looking at these level 40 stats must be forgetting that HUcaseal's ATA will max out at a MUCH lower amount. I would still pick RAcast over the other Rangers and I will do so.

Parn
Jul 7, 2002, 01:46 PM
I don't care how weak or strong the HUmar is... it's the only class I'll play.

Throw the Dreamcast version of PSO out the window and pretend PSO E1/2 is a brand new game. Pick a character that you want to play because you like the appearance and fighting style, not because he/she/it has higher stats than Class X.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2002-07-07 11:49 ]</font>

HC82
Jul 7, 2002, 01:49 PM
Is it just me or does the RAmarl have some really nice stats? Also the FOmar has an insane ATP growth rate. I doubt it will reflect his max atp, ratio wise to the other classes, otherwise MST would have to be retuned to be amazing.

Iam still waiting to see first hand if tech damage and MST is still as gimped out as it was in Ver1&2. Same goes for some other stats.

I really can't hold these growth rates a what the max stats are.

Also character performance comes into play. If stat effectivness is retuned, then somethings become more or less vital. +20 hp might look cool, but will it really make that much of a difference compred to more ata?

So I wouldn't jump to too big of a conclusion. Although from the look of the Rangers things looks kinda off, even though I don't think it will represent max stats.

Rhete
Jul 7, 2002, 01:50 PM
(whee, my post disappeared then Parn sortof replied to it *reposts*)

Do stats really matter that much to everyone? If everyone picked classes because they were the best, everyone would play HUmar (in v1 and v2) and nothing else. I'm still picking my characters based off how they look more than anything else =P

HC82
Jul 7, 2002, 02:05 PM
Well stats are supposed to determine your gameplay strategies. Also they sort of fit your playing mentality or personal preference.

Looks tend to come first. Although I hold stats as being something a bit more important now. If every class was balanced then stats wouldn't be such a big issue. You just read "best defense" or "best magic" and choose occordingly to your playing needs.

Although do to imbalance stats tend to weight heavier. This is also due to numerous modes like C mode and battle mode which favor some classes over others. C mode had no growth retuning done to it whatso ever, and battle mode is just wacked out(techs needed to be toned down in battle???...uh did you see that HUmar with the 45% pick over there, getting one hit kills???)

I let it slide in ver1 and ver2, although I expect better balancing in ep 1&2, I don't just mean stats, stats are irrelevant if they become trival when compared to other stats(ie.MST).

Defend
Jul 7, 2002, 05:48 PM
BA.
I fight heaps of Rule 1 and 5, knowing if I was a HUmar I'd be hurting people bad.

The general thing everyone's saying/hoping is "They'll probably have better stats when they're maxed."

The problem with max stats.. you don't get them until you're maxed. Like.. I would like to have used my RA in battle against my Aussie mates at level 10, 20, 30 and EVEN 40.

Waiting 140 levels for your class to pay off isn't that.. nice. At least in v2 you just had to get past level 100 before stats started changing better (for RA).

It makes it look alot like Ep2 is gonna pull a v2, and change the growth rates dramatically at a certain point, turning each class into 2 separate games.
But level 40 does happen to be a level I'd like to have nice stats at. Not just a month later on.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 7, 2002, 08:39 PM
Heh, if GC PSO has a quest like rappy's festival that gives out materials as prizes, I know what I'll be doing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Malkavian
Jul 8, 2002, 10:09 AM
Ok, i'll help you doing the cheap points trick hehe