PDA

View Full Version : FOnewm ATA!!

Miroku77
Nov 16, 2004, 03:05 AM
this is mainly just an invatation to RicoRoyal to come and school us on using fonewms so here it goes. I was wondering if the fonewm had enough ata to hit with S rank specials. I wanted to know before I invested the time and PDs in getting a S rank sythe with a special. Oh and I was juts wondering what special you think is better. Spirt or Bizerk...FYI, i do plan on having a double sabor to regain the tp from the spirt.

Hrith
Nov 16, 2004, 09:03 AM
A HUcast with 11 more ATA can barely hit with S-Rank specials past caves online, and still you will miss a lot if you use Berserk before the 3rd strike, and Spirit is less accurate than Berserk.

Gush and Geist are more accurate, you could try that, but clearly forget about the Mechgun on a FOnewm.

Tycho
Nov 16, 2004, 09:20 AM
Berserk > Spirit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
It's easier to just cast Resta to fully restore your HP. But for HUmars Spirit isn't bad either. One Monofluid and their bar is full again. > >
(Exaggerating, but a Difluid would restore most of their TP I think)

Nai_Calus
Nov 16, 2004, 10:19 AM
About 1 2/3 of a Difluid, actually, dependant on level and whether or not you boost your MST at all(Why you would on a HUmar baffles me, short of anally wanting maxed MST... Don't try a casting HUmar, by the way, it just doesn't work)...

I really wouldn't recommend Spirit for ANYBODY, though. XP Resta is cheap, and so are mates. Fluids, as anyone who's ever used a Force for more than five minutes can attest to, are expensive. So, Berserk, while somewhat painful and irksome to your Friendly Neighbourhood Support Force, is less irksome to maintain and can be shared with androids. >_> Besides, you can heal yourself what, 20-50 times on a single TP bar, depending on class?

...Though, if you're using Berserk THAT much. >.>; n.n;

Miroku77
Nov 16, 2004, 01:11 PM
The thing is, is that im not sure what Multi-hitting wep to use. S-rank scythe or PHF, i have PHF but it dosent have hit D=

Hrith
Nov 16, 2004, 01:41 PM
I say use a slicer with hit >_> easier to find, even a Rainbow Baton is easier to find than a Fatsia or Soul Banish with hit =/

Tsudo_Plat
Nov 16, 2004, 02:05 PM
Yup, definitely go with the Rainbow Baton. That is of course if you have the patience to pipe a lot of Hildetorrs.

Just grab a slicer-type wit around 50-60% Hit and you should do alright.

Don't forget you can always take the easy way out too. Just grab some Charge Vulcans with HIT and Charge Diska with HIT and you will be set for a while also... although using charge stuff gets boring rather quickly IMO.

Dhylec
Nov 16, 2004, 02:32 PM
Tsudo_Plat wrote:
Don't forget you can always take the easy way out too. Just grab some Charge Vulcans with HIT and Charge Diska with HIT and you will be set for a while also... although using charge stuff gets boring rather quickly IMO.

you, your 'IMO' indeed

for fleshies, berserk & spirit can be alternatives for charge
while in team, a fast resta can help berserkers
but as bots, specially solo ones, limited hp recovery item stock, berserk is rather risky on many levs & places

the compensation is hp stealing, but there is string attached..
getting a gush/hp steal wep with good hit for effective hp draining isn't very.. feasible, consider finding 1 is 1 thing & successfully stealing hp amidst the battle is another

charge is the all-round best method for dealing more damage without the switching, stealing or putting your friendly resta-user/s to strokes

i don't consider charge as 'easy' but as a smarter way to fight, since meseta is no object in pso

Tsudo_Plat
Nov 16, 2004, 02:39 PM
Meh.

Berserk/Spirit > Charge.

I don't care about the meseta, or the HP or the TP, or any of that stuff. I play the game for fun, and running around OWNING everything with Charge special isn't very much fun. So I prefer to use Berserk special. It adds spice to the game by making you think about where your at the enemies around you before using the special. Especially for me, I tend to get bored of doing the same thing over and over again very quickly, so the Berserk/Spirit specials keep me from falling asleep.

Don't get me wrong, I use charge gats and a charge diska, but only because I don't have a good MA&60 Vise with % or a Rainbow baton yet.

RicoRoyal
Nov 16, 2004, 04:55 PM
Like Kef said, if a HUcast can't get S-rank specials to hit all the time, a FOnewm sure as hell won't. Sure, FOnewm ATA is the highest out of the FOs, but that still isn't saying much. Also, I'd have to agree with every last bit of Ian's post. I too would not recommend Spirit for ANYBODY! Hell, like Kef said a little ways down from his original post, get a slicer if what you're aiming for is multi-hit weapons. I have a nice 70 hit Slicer of Assasin (yay for roullette). If I ever get my hands on a Rainbow Baton, you can be sure I'll use it.

If I even bothered posting, it's because you kind of wanted me to "school" you. Everything I could have said has already been adressed by Kef and Ian, so listen to 'em!

Hrith
Nov 16, 2004, 05:47 PM
On 2004-11-16 13:55, RicoRoyal wrote:
FOnewm ATA is the highest out of the FOs
180, right ?
FOnewearl has 186 >_>
I know, useful...

RicoRoyal
Nov 16, 2004, 06:06 PM
Oh for fugs sake. Yeah, sorry about that. I meant 2nd highest. Some wires must have crossed in my brain (I was just reworking FOnewearl stats in the max stat guides last week too). Muhhhhh... I'm gonna go take a nap.

Dhylec
Nov 16, 2004, 10:23 PM
Tsudo_Plat wrote:
Meh.

Berserk/Spirit > Charge.

everyone has his/her own style.. it's fine if it works for you

since newms have good ata, more tp than non-fo, go berserk & heal quickly if possible