PDA

View Full Version : People who rant too much

Para
Nov 17, 2004, 11:55 AM
Holy fuck get a grip people. NOT EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE UPS AND DOWNS IN A LIFETIME. SOME THINGS AREN'T WORTH RANTING ABOUT. SAVE YOUR BREATH AND JUST CALM DOWN.

This thread was inspired after watching a simpsons episode yesterday. Note: Really when I was making this thread, I wasn't angry. I'm just trying to make the emphasis of the message carry a bigger impact http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nai_Calus
Nov 17, 2004, 12:40 PM
This is a rants forum. People rant. Also, ranting about people ranting is clearly a sign that you have far too much stress and need to calm down. :D

Daikarin
Nov 17, 2004, 12:43 PM
Ranting for rants, eh? Ironic. Aren't you contradicting yourself with this thread?

Ketchup345
Nov 17, 2004, 12:59 PM
On 2004-11-17 09:43, Even_Jin wrote:
Aren't you contradicting yourself with this thread?

Not necessarily. He is ranting at people who rant too much. As long as he doesn't rant too often, then he isn't being a hypocrite.

KodiaX987
Nov 17, 2004, 01:19 PM
http://maddox.xmission.com/images/zilpir997.jpg

navci
Nov 17, 2004, 02:16 PM
On 2004-11-17 10:19, KodiaX987 wrote:

Word.

Skuda
Nov 17, 2004, 04:17 PM
ranting is a natural human function. without ranting, one can build up all their anger, and possible use it in not-so-constructive measures.

but yes, too much ranting gets annoying, like that winey little person you hang out with that does nothing but complain and try to snuggle with you!!

so, w00t for ranting?

geewj
Nov 17, 2004, 06:51 PM
Eh, no harm no foul.

Let em rant.

Ness
Nov 17, 2004, 07:44 PM

Damn straight, brother!

Para
Nov 17, 2004, 08:10 PM

What? Life too difficult for a few people here?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2004-11-17 17:12 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Nov 17, 2004, 10:06 PM
Likewise, it's been found that people talk too much about mags, quests, items and section IDs in the Mag, Quest, Item and Section ID Discussion board.

And people keep posting their stuff they made in Fanworks. Gets fucking annoying too!

Solstis
Nov 17, 2004, 10:39 PM
On 2004-11-17 08:55, Nites wrote:
Holy fuck get a grip people. NOT EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE UPS AND DOWNS IN A LIFETIME. SOME THINGS AREN'T WORTH RANTING ABOUT. SAVE YOUR BREATH AND JUST CALM DOWN.

This thread was inspired after watching a simpsons episode yesterday. Note: Really when I was making this thread, I wasn't angry. I'm just trying to make the emphasis of the message carry a bigger impact http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I reserve the right to yell at the next person to complain about drops in the rants forum.

Cowboy
Nov 17, 2004, 10:56 PM
On 2004-11-17 17:10, Nites wrote:

What? Life too difficult for a few people here?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2004-11-17 17:12 ]</font>

And here I thought it just meant he realised that this is in fact something on the internet, and that If someone shooting a bird at you offends you, then not only did he get the desired effect, but that also it means that an image on the internet negatively affected you, thereby proving that the person affected is so insecure as to let something said from someone theyve never met force them to post about it.

Silly Me.

Para
Nov 17, 2004, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't say insecurity but rather something uncalled for and just that I should respond to it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Im not the type to let someone show up to me.

Likewise, it's been found that people talk too much about mags, quests, items and section IDs in the Mag, Quest, Item and Section ID Discussion board.

And people keep posting their stuff they made in Fanworks. Gets fucking annoying too!

This is different. Rants is just venting anger about life. Fanworks is about drawing and such... its not about life... Its like comparing "apples to oranges"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2004-11-17 20:22 ]</font>

Sayara
Nov 17, 2004, 11:42 PM
Well, a ranter can be angry about something and yell about it. I could come here and scream that i hate everyone and how they piss me off. Thats ranting. I am indeed angered with life. I could come here every single day and rant about something i hate. Im doing what the forum suggests i do, let out my anger.

And on the flip side. I could whip out a picture everysingle day in Fanarts. Because thats what it is for.

Why dont ja just let people do what they are supposed to do in the correct forums ne? Isn't it better they let it out rather than explode in your face directly because they were pissed off so much but didnt say why?

In finally, if it irks you that much that mr Light bitches about being guilty and rants every single fuckin second of life here then dont pay any notice to it.

Mixfortune
Nov 18, 2004, 03:50 AM
On 2004-11-17 20:18, Nites wrote:

This is different. Rants is just venting anger about life.

Then what's the problem?

Fanworks is about drawing and such... its not about life... Its like comparing "apples to oranges"

Actually, it's more like comparing boards to boards. The draw of a rants board to posters could have various potentials, and I won't claim to know them all, or to group them together in one lump, but in a rants board, you can just find a way to bring your problems or issues, large or small, off your chest and to a community.

Now, if what you're saying is that some people might overuse the Rants board, or perhaps, as you see, use the Rants board for potentially insignificant and trivial matters, then just skip over Rants by those people who you feel don't necessarily use the Rants board to your liking.

Of course there are limits to how far Rants can "degrade". If I were to go out and make a topic on the Rants board to something to the effect of: start, "I Fucking hate You SonicTeam", end, a one-liner, an inappropriate Rant or topic unfit for the board, a topic with no base of discussion or effort to put forth a discussion by the topic creator, it would promptly be owned, locked, and sent to decay into the pit of the moaning, griping, and screaming echoes of old.

But, if you're not saying that Rants shouldn't exist, or if you're not saying that in your opinion Rants is overused or misused, then you perhaps need to clarify yourself a bit more before continuing on this somewhat ironic line of conversation.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 18, 2004, 04:56 AM
On 2004-11-17 20:42, Tingle wrote:
Well, a ranter can be angry about something and yell about it. I could come here and scream that i hate everyone and how they piss me off. Thats ranting. I am indeed angered with life. I could come here every single day and rant about something i hate. Im doing what the forum suggests i do, let out my anger.

Why dont ja just let people do what they are supposed to do in the correct forums ne? Isn't it better they let it out rather than explode in your face directly because they were pissed off so much but didnt say why?

In finally, if it irks you that much that mr Light bitches about being guilty and rants every single fuckin second of life here then dont pay any notice to it.

Agreed.
But I rant too much.
I need to. Accept it. You don't have too agree, nor read any of it.

Since some people have ranted about overused expressions, not reading forum rules, not posting topics in their proper places, a store not selling their favorite drink and whatever. You can plainly see that ANYONE can RANT about ANYTHING if they so choose.

Thus with the creation of the rants forum, maybe the ranters have too much power to RANT?!

Repeated topics are a definite part of message board forums. Don't be too irked or taken back by it.

My gawd all those new people in The Lounge keep saying Hello, I'm new. What's up?

navci
Nov 18, 2004, 12:09 PM
On 2004-11-18 01:56, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

My gawd all those new people in The Lounge keep saying Hello, I'm new. What's up?

Thanks dude. You brought a smile to my face. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Para
Nov 19, 2004, 01:10 AM
anyways i think i got my point out.

you can sure rant but if u rant too much http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Sayara
Nov 19, 2004, 01:14 AM
If you rant too much you got alot of things you need to remove off your chest. Making you in the end a happier fellow.

Para
Nov 19, 2004, 12:27 PM
But ranting does nothing to resolve things. Do something about it! Don't just sit there like a fucking crybaby.

Deathscythealpha
Nov 19, 2004, 01:08 PM
Havent some problems actually been resolved through a rant? Name calling in one forum was killed of through a rant aswell as a poster having their sex mocked (sorry, i cant remember who posted both of these topics, its been over a month). So in a way ranting about something does help.

Now if you want to see some over the top ranting, check out a Transformers forum. Man, i cant work out if some of them love the new comics or hate them as their either ranting about how crap they are or how their pissed off that their favourite writer/artist combo has been nixed (the writer/artists that they were just bemoaning for writing/drawing like crap).

Dont even think about walking into a G1 vs Beastwars rant...

KodiaX987
Nov 19, 2004, 02:09 PM
No one's gonna keep me from bitching. If you have a problem with it, shut the fuck up and endure because I ain't about to stop.

Mystil
Nov 19, 2004, 02:53 PM
On 2004-11-19 09:27, Nites wrote:
But ranting does nothing to resolve things. Do something about it! Don't just sit there like a fucking crybaby.

And I suppose you're one of the ones who has personal issues, but instead of complaining about, you just simply don't DO anything about. Which is no different from someone who rants about something they are merely tired of, but wont do nothing about.

Then there are those who have done something about it, but still need to vent.

navci
Nov 19, 2004, 04:22 PM
On 2004-11-19 09:27, Nites wrote:

*rolls eyes*

Ranting is no different from punching a pillow. Let it all out. Calm down, then think about what to do from there. Anger clouds your judgement, if you rush to do whatever when you are angry it won't solve shit.

What I find great about ranting is, it helps you sort things out. As you write things down you kinda think about what has been going on, what went wrong, and eventually and hopefully what you need to do to fix it.

Besides, how much is too much?
It isn't really up to you to decide now is it?
If you have a problem with people ranting, just, hm, don't read it?

Sounds simple enough!

Cowboy
Nov 19, 2004, 06:24 PM
Think of this as whats it is:

AN ONLINE FORUM!

Of course if people said half the thingsd they did here in real life, it'd be abnormal.

Hell, I can only imagine what'd happen if I told my boss how some customers are fucktards.

That's why it's a wonderful thing to be able to come here and vent.

You can say pretty much anything you want while being anonomys. And you can get opinions from hundreds of people with hundreds of different views.

You did that in real life, then of course it would be going too far. BUT THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE, THIS IS AN ONLINE FORUM! You can come here, say what's on your mind, and get advice to help you out. It's better then friggin dear abby.

You're seeing this for far more then it is, and treating it as if everyone here is some manic depressant loony that cdonstantly bitches in front of other people.

But they don't, all they do is get fed up with something and talk about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cowboy on 2004-11-19 15:27 ]</font>

Scrub
Nov 19, 2004, 08:13 PM
On 2004-11-19 15:24, Cowboy wrote:
Think of this as whats it is:

AN ONLINE FORUM!

Of course if people said half the thingsd they did here in real life, it'd be abnormal.

Hell, I can only imagine what'd happen if I told my boss how some customers are fucktards.

That's why it's a wonderful thing to be able to come here and vent.

You can say pretty much anything you want while being anonomys. And you can get opinions from hundreds of people with hundreds of different views.

You did that in real life, then of course it would be going too far. BUT THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE, THIS IS AN ONLINE FORUM! You can come here, say what's on your mind, and get advice to help you out. It's better then friggin dear abby.

You're seeing this for far more then it is, and treating it as if everyone here is some manic depressant loony that cdonstantly bitches in front of other people.

But they don't, all they do is get fed up with something and talk about it.

That's true, except when people rant about other people who come on the site they're raning on. The bad thing about this is it's easy to forget that internet people are REAL with REAL feelings, which often and up hurt and cover up behind a shield of Rage.n_n

Para
Nov 19, 2004, 10:14 PM
Perhaps you misunderstood me as for doing nothing. I am doing something. I am stating that people who rant too much should rant less and take more action to resolve things.

As for what is too much... more like things that are simple things like you just didn't get your choice of movie to watch with friends or just ranting about all the minor stuff.

Besides always lashing out rage most of the time isn't necessarily a good thing either. Its not healthy towards your blood pressure.

Mixfortune
Nov 19, 2004, 10:20 PM
And what makes you think that because they are posting a rant about it they aren't necessarily doing anything about it?

If someone doesn't post a rant, does that mean they are doing something about it?

The two points are not necessarily relevant to each other in these situations. Meaning, someone can do both posting and doing something about it, one of those things, or none of them at all. They do not necessarily influence each other, so I'd get that conception out of your head right now.

Cowboy
Nov 19, 2004, 10:23 PM
-Gives Nites his title-

This whole thing is ridiculous.

Ranting about something lowers your blood pressure, cuz its off your chest.

And the majority of people who rant here are asking for advice on what to do.

And it's been months since ive seen a topic as senseless as "OMG,, I DIDNT GET THE FRONT SEAT ON THE BUSS!!!111"

ABDUR101
Nov 19, 2004, 10:25 PM
oook, topic is over. Everyone remain calm. =]