PDA

View Full Version : A way ST can end the need for duping

Nicktendonick
Nov 17, 2004, 06:04 PM
I while back i came up with in interesting idea that can end the need for duping in pso. Knowing their lazyness ST would never do it, but i'll speak my mind anyway. What i say should be done is have a NCP that you can talk to who will create a dupiclite of a weapon for you, it costs a ton of messea, and the payment isn't a set base,it would be based on the star ranking ,weapon's rarity,power, and % boosts But only 2 copies can be made from a certin weapon, and the varitable stats of the wep drops by 10%.

Example:

saber:10,000
Soul saber:11,000
DB's saber :100,000
DB's saber with 50% hit:200,000
BKB: 3,000,000
TJS: 5,000,000
S-rank:9,000,000
no star item:1,000,000
Mag:500,000

What do you think? If ST removed duping and put this featutre in it would actually give a really good purpose to messea and would get alot more people to stop trying to learn to cheat or a noobnot to use AR AR. I think i might be on to something. I got this idea from Megaman battle network 3's chip order system, which by the way is a good game if you got a friend to play it with.

Aunt_Betty
Nov 17, 2004, 08:08 PM
...And because of that we may have to buy a new copy of PSO.

*Images people hacking the Phantasy Star Online NPC who duplicates.*

Getintothegame
Nov 18, 2004, 01:36 AM
Great idea... All they'd need to do is duplicate meseta.

Ketchup345
Nov 18, 2004, 11:34 AM
Of course they would have to up the amount of Meseta banks/characters could hold.

I believe both are set for 999,999 Meseta, and some of the prices listed above are in the millions.

And being able to buy dupes isn't that good of an idea, maybe pay to have some way to have them backed up, but not duped.

Nai_Calus
Nov 18, 2004, 12:15 PM
Besides, if you could only make two copies, you'd run out. XP

I've lost the same Red Partisan 3 or 4 times. Red Handgun the same, along with a Demolition Comet. Backup duping is my friend, oh yes, or was back in the days of using a 56k. Hell, I FSODed a couple of times on broadband, too. And half the time you get it in the middle of a game(Like the time I FSODed leaving the bank miliseconds before the save kicked in...)

shifter
Nov 19, 2004, 01:11 PM
Or how bou this idea, lower the insanely high drop rates for some of the weapons and rare monsters out there. now im not saying do it considerably, but me having to see more than 30,000 tallows just for the chance to have a lavis cannon drop in really rediculous.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Nov 20, 2004, 12:27 AM
I agree with Shifter, lower the drop rates on some of the weapons. They could just toss the luck system entirely and make rares on an Earning/unlocking basis. Also they should even out the strength of some items and weapons so those who have common dupes won't be enclined to all use the exact same weapon.