PDA

View Full Version : Sig still in limits asshole

TheOneHero
Nov 18, 2004, 12:47 AM
First, this is not directed to the mods/admins here. These people do good at what they are here and enforce it very well. That being said, here is the rant.

So when PSOW went down, I wen't about looking for another forum to go to until it came back up. I found one, joined, and to my horror, so how huge the sigs were.

50,000 byte size max.

50,000 character max.

Most of the time I got the sig confused with the post. It was really some screwed up shit. So I PMed an admin making a suggestion for a much smaller sig. The reply was, "well, you can turn off the sigs via profile. And people like having big sigs."

Hmm...I took this to heart. To help prove my point that much smaller sig sizes were needed, I conversed with a few friends from PSOW, and one gave me the idea to make a sig of just: '01001001001010110010101010' etc. So I did. Cut, copy, and paste. Over and over until I was just a few hundred away from sig limits. It was nice that it had a counter so show how much room you had left in your sig. =p In the sig test forum I posted a thread to show off my new sig.

One member told me I should edit before a mod or admin did it for me. I declined and replied saying it was still very much in sig limits. A few minutes later a mod PMed me saying, "Do you really think you could get away with such a big sig?" I replied telling him it was still in sig limits, a few minutes pass and I recieve another one, "So, just because it's in the sig limits doesn't mean it's not to big. Mods and admins don't like big sigs."

I replied, "If they don't like big sigs...why do we have such a large sig limit?" I sent it and a little afterward quoted the PM from the admin and sent it to this mod whom had edited my sig. Still waiting for a reply.

Sig was still in limits asshole, and you know it. Don't like big sigs? Turn it off, or request sig limits be changed to smaller size. So to you, the n00bish mod, I give you: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/nono.gif

Solstis
Nov 18, 2004, 12:53 AM
Kill them... KILL THEM ALL! SUP FROM THEIR LIVER, AND MAKE A TOAST WITH THEIR STILL WARM BLOOOD!

*ahem*

I usually avoid the mods of quite a few forums (only frink on PSOW... he threatened to crush my windpipe), as they tend to not know what they are doing.

You can tell the ones that got their positions via connections/the ones that really don't care anymore.

Viva la PSOW!

KodiaX987
Nov 18, 2004, 01:17 AM
The double standard is so flagrant that it's enough to kill a boner and make a woman get a headache for a full month. Stay the hell away from that forum.

navci
Nov 18, 2004, 12:11 PM
No, really.
Stay away from said forum.

It sounds like it will lower your IQ.

TheOneHero
Nov 18, 2004, 02:28 PM
@Solstis, Shuri, and Navi: I wub psow, and am never going back to said forum. =p

Dhylec
Nov 19, 2004, 10:23 PM
heh, sometimes people are given too much 'freedom' at the start, they don't know how to use it wisely..

some forums allow huge sig size, font colors, etc that really get in the way of the discussion

i still don't understand why some like to have a wallpaper size sig for
it's taking up time, space & disrupt the flow of the posts - just generally being obnoxious
i'd say so 'unkool dude' =|

Daikarin
Nov 20, 2004, 11:37 AM
On 2004-11-17 21:47, TheOneHero wrote:
"So, just because it's in the sig limits doesn't mean it's not to big. Mods and admins don't like big sigs."

Pfffft. Me gets it.

Screw them, you're following the rules. You should immediatly tell them you're doing nothing out of their regulations, so if they don't like it they can go plant potatoes.

And if they ban you for saying something of the kind, maybe it's not such a good forum to hang around.

darthsaber9x9
Nov 22, 2004, 06:34 PM
On 2004-11-17 22:17, KodiaX987 wrote:
it's enough to kill a boner and make a woman get a headache for a full month.

like wazzy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

lol only joking, thought i'd break myself in to the reborn forums with a but of humour