PDA

View Full Version : DC: My disc can't be read?!

Sha_Hua
Nov 18, 2004, 03:18 PM
In short: I was playing with my new char and in my first time in the caves I saw this red slime thing.
Never saw one before in 300 hours of gameplay one my old character.
This is why I felt something had to go wrong.

I was wright!
At the end of the level the music stopped and the disc was making a search sound.
It was to late to save!

Now I have another DC, but I have a charactar @ level 97 in ultimate ruins?!
I just need another few hours of gameplay!
How can I get the other DC to accept my old game?

This is worst then a save game problem?! I can't use the save game but the save is still ok!

I blame al the cheaters that helped create the safety measures!
I also wished I've never cheated!

Please help!!!!!

Cynric
Nov 18, 2004, 06:39 PM
Was four topics REALLY necessary?

Devin
Nov 18, 2004, 07:14 PM
You could swap out the disk drives on the systems, or just adjust the laser pot on the non-working one. Should make it all work http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

_Sinue_
Nov 18, 2004, 08:32 PM
Your best bet would probably be to just swap out the GD-Rom from your new DC into your old one. It's been my experience though, that Disk Read Errors are easy to fix on the Dreamcast. One way to do it, would be to remove your Dreamcasts cover, lift up the GD-Rom, and gently move the lazer forward by spinning the small gears underneith it. This is a temporary solution though, so you may want to keep the screws out of the bottom so you can easily lift the cover off.

There's more permenant solutions out there, but unless you're comfortable really getting into the guts of your system and possibly destorying it - you'd be better off just swaping out the GD-Roms.

There should still be plenty of sites on the net which have picture walk-throughs on how to do it. Search around a little bit.