PDA

View Full Version : DS just days away.

Madzozs
Nov 19, 2004, 07:22 PM
Well, who is getting one? I am. Also, does anyone know what games are being released at launch? I can't remember. I know there is the Metroid demo, and hopefully Mario 64x4.

Saiffy
Nov 19, 2004, 09:32 PM
I'm not getting at launch, either at/after Christmas or when price drops a bit, not enough games at launch for me to get it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

space_butler
Nov 20, 2004, 05:57 AM
ill import one after christmass, if the eu release is as far off as people say

Deathscythealpha
Nov 20, 2004, 11:16 AM
Well Nintendo show their love for the EU once again by setting the DS release date to March 2005. Im sure they want their company to fail over here, its the only way i can work out there f'ed up business tactics.

I may import a DS as its going to much cheaper then buying one when it does come out over here. Just trying to find a company that will import them (could only fidn em on Liksang, but they were being lame and not putting up a price for them).

DeathCheese87
Nov 20, 2004, 07:36 PM
Oh, what? DeathCheese got his DS on Saturday? Oh, really?

Yeah, the place I work (which will not be named) had them on the shelves that day. Just SM64DS with it, but still, I got it early!

I have little complaints about it. It just takes a while to get used to the thumb dealie, but otherwise, you get used to it in a decent amount of time.

The metroid demo is great. Looking around feels VERY natural. Mario, on the other hand, takes a bit more time to get used to, but once you get going, it all feels in place.

I'm outta town, but I'll be picking up XX/XY tomorrow.

Aaaaaaand the DS feels great in my hands. The face buttons are smaller, but theyre not a huge deal.

Yes.

Zzzzzz
Nov 20, 2004, 07:42 PM
Lucky.

Zelutos
Nov 21, 2004, 04:42 PM
I'm getting one, i'm getting one for Kuda too. Merry christmas d00d! well...merry early christmas XD

Madzozs
Nov 21, 2004, 04:51 PM
Got mine a few hours ago. Metroid Demo is insane. I can't wait to get a lil multipalyer going. Mario64ds is as great as I imagined it. Im in love.

Zelutos
Nov 21, 2004, 04:55 PM
I'm going to work in about an hour, so i'll be getting them the second i get there. 2 pre-ordered. One for me, one for Kuda. And i'm on the phone with him right now and he's all like "OMG you should come over tonight >.>"

Skett
Nov 21, 2004, 07:25 PM
Nintendo show their love for the EU once again by setting the DS release date to March 2005. Im sure they want their company to fail over here, its the only way i can work out there f'ed up business tactics.

Or maybe it is because translating games and the system into Germen, French, and whatever other language Europe has takes time. Besides, and bear no offense, but you guys get the shaft almost all the time by most companies.

Anyways, got my DS. It is looking very nice and the games I have, Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (obviously) and Super Mario 64 DS are fun. I can't wait to play Ridge Racer DS.

kevlar_pso
Nov 23, 2004, 12:10 AM
I want one and I have enuff Meesta, but it's hard to justify buying something for myself so close to Christmas. =^[

Zzzzzz
Nov 24, 2004, 12:33 AM
Yeah, had it for a couple days now.
Spiderman 2 DS: Like the Gameboy advance ones so far. I only played to the second level though.
Super Mario 64 DS: It has great minigames and extra stuff. But I liked the N64 version better because Mario was easier to control.
Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt: My only complaint:
too short. :p
Feel the Magic XX/XY: If you wanted to play the DS because of the touch screen and not much else, this is the game for you. In fact, you only really use the touch screen and the start button to pause.

Also, I noticed that when it's your birthday(yeah, go me), XX/XY will say "Happy Birthday" at the title screen.

Skett
Nov 24, 2004, 05:02 PM
On 2004-11-23 21:33, Zzzzzz wrote:
Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt: My only complaint:
too short.

It's a demo, buddy. You really didn't expect a demo to be very long, did you?

Link00seven
Nov 25, 2004, 11:10 AM
I'm going to try getting one for christmas...but I don't know if I'll be able to.