PDA

View Full Version : Personal Life Update- 10/25/04-11/21/04

Arislan
Nov 22, 2004, 03:33 AM
Off Topic

Kinda long, read if you are interested in what is going on in my life that isn't a rant.

So, I'm sitting at home. Still on dialup. Dialup sucks. More on that in the rants section, go read my diatribe on my life in there for the angsty stuff.

Here's an average week for me:
Sunday- Up at 5, go to work by 6. Work till 10-11 AM. Go to Leviathan (local gaming store). Play City of Heroes till 2:30. Go back to work. Work till 12-1 AM. Go home, sleep.
Monday- Wake up at 5, go to work by 6. Work till 2:30-3:30. Go to Leviathan. Go home around midnight or so, sleep.
Tuesday- Wake up, go to Leviathan. Go to work at about 2:30. Work till 12-1 AM. Go home, sleep.
Wednesday- Usually a day off. If not, either work a mid shift (eww) or a 6-2:30 shift.
Thursday- See Tuesday.
Friday- Midshift. Why my supervisor schedules me for them, when he *knows* I hate midshifts, I dunno. Lev after work till midnight or so.
Saturday- See Tuesday.

So, yeah, I get to play a lot of City of Heroes. In a month of play I've managed to get a 22 Martial Arts Scrapper and a 14 Bubble Defender going. Haven't touched PSOBB in a couple months, still no computer capable of playing it, and I'm too lazy to download and update the client on the machines at Lev. And that would mean I'd have to screw around with the IMEs, which for me is fine, but it may annoy other customers... ::shrug::

Since the site went down, that's been what I've been up to. Work, sleep, and sitting down at Lev playing 40k or City of Heroes, with a tiny bit of Ragnarok Online thrown in for good measure.

28th of October, I went to Japan. Really shouldn't have done it, since it absolutely raped my finances, but I did anyway. 730 USD for the round trip ticket, plus I spent about 400 or so while there. My savings == 0. Went for three reasons. First, to see my girlfriend. Second, to go to the Nintendo DS show in Nagoya. Third, to see my friend and PSOjondoe2, who started school there.

Since I left in April, I hadn't seen my GF in person. 7 months is a long time to not see someone that you were really beginning to have a deeper relationship with. Since then, I've spent about 300 on phone cards, at 16.50 a pop for 66 minutes a card... That makes... Err... about 1200 minutes, or 20 hours. She's spent about 500, gets around 120 minutes per card at 50 a card. Love having an employee discount.

Still, think about that. For those of you with girl/boyfriends, imagine over the course of 7 months, to only be able to talk to the other person for 40 hours. Less than 2 days total of pure "together" time. Think that when you go out to a movie, you just spent 1/10 of that time, and that's not even counting dinner. over a half year. So, regardless of personal expense, I had to go. So I did. It was a lot of fun... When we weren't in her room dealing with less, err... Intimate things, we were walking around town, talking, and spending a lot of time together. The idea was that I stay at my friends the 10 nights I was there. I ended up spending 2 there, and a couple days. The rest was spent at my GFs. Which, while enjoyable, was not so nice sometimes, since she was *always* around. I had almost no time to just visit with Jondoe or my friend, which was one of my objectives.

The DS show was great. Sawaru- Made In Wario alone is enough for me to buy a DS for. Too bad it's not a launch game in the US. Not much to say here, since it launched today, and if you want to play it, you can. Right.

So, went to Japan, had fun, and came home. Back to the daily grind. Cept that, before I left, my GF and I talked about the future. She wanted to get married and settle down. Now, if she had been an American, this would have been no real problem, just go find a Justice of the Peace, grab a couple forms, get some blood drawn, sign, and you're done. Of course, there's lots of optional stuff, but those are the only necessary steps. But no. She's Chinese. That means that in order to do anything like that, we have to go through a ton of red tape on both governmental sides to make everything happen, then run through more so that she can get a spousal visa to come to the US. Which, she'd do. Sorry, but I have no wish to live in China, just not happening.

Well, in regards to that, you have to realize, that with most Asian families, girls get precious little freedom in regards to their life planning. Most of the time, if a parent says jump, you jump, regardless of whether you're 5 or 35. So, if the parents were to take the news of an engagement with some foreigner badly, they'd be very likely to command the girl home, and probably proceed to marry her off to tether her. My GF is unwilling to let this happen, which endears me to her to no end. She's willing to cut off ties with her family if it would mean that otherwise mean that we couldn't be together. This girls' got balls.... Err, or whatever passes for them in the female anatomy.

So, we parted with her telling me that she wanted an answer by the time I got back to Japan again, which is planned for January. Did a lot of soul searching and the like, and talked with my brother about married life. Went into work this last Friday and found out that one of my friends there got married on Wednesday. Talked with him a bit, bought a phone card, and went home at the end of the night. Slept, called my GF before I went to a stupid morning meeting. Ended up late to the meeting, but gained a fiancee in the progress. I'd call it a good trade.

On the way to said morning meeting, I ran over a cat on my bike. Poor thing was sitting in a yard and just ran under my tire. At least it didn't suffer, I killed it instantly, given that things don't usually live without their heads, unless they are cockroaches. it Made me later for the morning meeting... Stupid cat.

So, it's Sunday night/Monday morning, I'm off work, and finally able to get on the net for a bit. The threw me on a mid tomorrow, which I hate, but I'll live through. At least it means I finally can check PSOW and post and the like.

Solstis
Nov 22, 2004, 01:16 PM
Sounds... exciting/fun/stressful/great.

:D

I wish you the best of luck!

(nooo! Kitty!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-11-22 10:17 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Nov 22, 2004, 06:33 PM
*rawrs at Arislan cheeringly* n.n

We miss you on BB. T_T We also miss your 1337 skills with telling us what these emails and stuff actually say, as opposed to the illegible blabber puked up by the 'fish. >.>

Come back soon. >o

And you don't need an IME to type anymore, Aris. >_> They've changed that. Well, if you want to type JP, you do, but for just english, no.

kevlar_pso
Nov 23, 2004, 12:26 AM
Hey, aren't you supposed to be heading up Challenge Mode on Xbox on Thursday Nights?

navci
Nov 23, 2004, 01:08 AM
On 2004-11-22 15:33, Ian-KunX wrote:
We miss you on BB. T_T We also miss your 1337 skills with telling us what these emails and stuff actually say, as opposed to the illegible blabber puked up by the 'fish. >.>

Funny no one comes to navi about this kinda things.

Anyway.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I already shared my thoughts with you on your current life update so I am just gonna say, Ganbatte, man!

tai_EX
Nov 23, 2004, 02:16 AM
0_0 wow... thats about all i can say! hmmmm... well congrats on the fiancee thing! ^_^ cant say i was in the same boat though... my wife (no more a gf or a fiancee) didnt havta part with her family.. but then again she was from the states, and not full chinese either... POOR KITTY!! >_< oh well, at least you adminstered a nice clean and quick death to the animal! i think possibly the cat mighta been suicidal! if i were to commit that horrible act of suicide, i think id wanna throw myself off a building.. but first, id find the record of the fastest fall, and try to beat it! "WEEEEE!!!" i would shrek, as i plummet to the ground face-first awaiting the grim reaper at the end of the ride.. yeah. thats how i would do it ^_^

Nai_Calus
Nov 23, 2004, 10:25 AM
On 2004-11-22 22:08, navinator wrote:

Funny no one comes to navi about this kinda things.

Well, I don't want to bug you since you're always busy and worrying and stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ...But so is Arislan... w Maybe it's because I forget that you understand Japanese too, and not just Chinese? ^_^;