PDA

View Full Version : Official Blue Burst Episode 4 Closed Beta thread

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 23, 2004, 12:13 AM
Might as well make this now before we get too many going. Mods, please sticky.

Remember, the download for the software begins on the 26th. Check your email for the location. The fun begins on the 30th.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2004-11-22 21:15 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Nov 23, 2004, 12:56 AM
I haven't been at all interested in BB lately, but I might drag my ass online just to try Ep4 a bit. But then again, I might not. Seeing people who were the same level as me a few weeks ago at high levels might be a bit too much for me...>_>

Rainbowlemon
Nov 23, 2004, 01:20 PM
Ooo, I can't wait! I just hope my gfx card can handle it! Waz, you gotta come on, 'twill be fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Cheeky
Nov 23, 2004, 05:32 PM
To anyone who received the pso newsletter last week, what are the details concerning registering for the open beta? How do I go about signing up for the all this epIV goodness??

PJ
Nov 23, 2004, 05:56 PM
I got an email about the Episode 4 Trial... does that mean I'm in?

...Which is kinda useless for me, since my computer can't run BB ._.

Eihwaz
Nov 24, 2004, 01:33 AM
On 2004-11-23 14:56, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
I got an email about the Episode 4 Trial... does that mean I'm in?

...Which is kinda useless for me, since my computer can't run BB ._.

Uh, I think that might be -my- confirmation letter, since we used your email to set me up with a BB account. I've been using the same account since day one, so it is probably mine.

PJ
Nov 24, 2004, 02:10 AM
Indeed you're right Wazzy, as it went to my Messenger address =3 So that is for you... assuming it IS the confirmation letter.

Rainbowlemon
Nov 24, 2004, 11:02 AM
I've used my account from day 1, but haven't got an email yet :3

Nai_Calus
Nov 24, 2004, 01:33 PM
Odd, I've gotten two emails about it. Maybe you blocked it accidentally? I dunno.

EJ
Nov 26, 2004, 03:55 AM
I been playing since it came out but still never got a e-mail. Guess I'll find out on the 30th if I can play ep4 beat -.-

Rainbowlemon
Nov 26, 2004, 05:21 AM
EJ I think me and you are in the same boat, I've not got an email about it either, I'm not too sure we've been involved in the beta trial -_-

EDIT: Because it looks like only the people that purchased their hunters licence between July 1st and July 31st can participate >_> Oh well, back to Halo 2...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Antimony on 2004-11-26 02:25 ]</font>

RFB
Nov 26, 2004, 08:41 AM
Is there any way that I can give my place over to someone else? Apart from giving out the links, of course... because, guess what! I'm in. -.- and I'm not even playing.

If there is a way to lend my place to someone else, please tell me so, I'd be willing to give over my place to someone else from this board that didnt make it to the EP4 beta.

Para
Nov 26, 2004, 10:16 AM
wahoo i got my email http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

*starts downloading EPISODE IV*

Eanae
Nov 26, 2004, 11:28 AM
On 2004-11-26 05:41, RFB wrote:
Is there any way that I can give my place over to someone else? Apart from giving out the links, of course... because, guess what! I'm in. -.- and I'm not even playing.

If there is a way to lend my place to someone else, please tell me so, I'd be willing to give over my place to someone else from this board that didnt make it to the EP4 beta.

I'd be more than glad to take it if you're willing to. ^_^

Para
Nov 26, 2004, 06:43 PM
Hmm after installing it.. and going through some of the tracks...

it seems like the maps are desert, wilds and cavern for the beta. Im also listening to some of the new music which I assume one of the tracks is the new IDOLA track... it reminds me slightly of the PS series.

PJ
Nov 26, 2004, 09:07 PM
Heh. I can install it, even though it's Wazzy's account XD

I'll download it, I hope the music is good ^-^

Nai_Calus
Nov 26, 2004, 09:50 PM
*spasm* Gah, fucking charter! 152K/sec. >.< Faster! Faster! Rawr!

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 27, 2004, 10:38 AM
OK so lets see what we know so far

1. 3 playable areas

AREA:Wilds
AREA:Crater
AREA:Desert

2. New music

Wilds has a lot of remixed Phantasy Star III music, and I'm not just talking about that little thing at 6 minutes 4 seconds. Listen at the start carefully. You can hear the wedding theme from the start of Rhys' adventure.

PJ
Nov 27, 2004, 11:29 AM
Hmmm.

I need the Username and Password, but since this was sent to my Messenger email, that means it's Wazzy's download, so that's for HIS username/Password. Which I know, cause I still have the email for it.

Can anyone check if you can download this more than once with a single username and password? If not, I'll just need someone to send me the new music files >_>

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 27, 2004, 11:53 AM
What you can do is have one person download it, and then send it to another using AIM or something. It doesn't track stuff like that.

JPD002
Nov 27, 2004, 07:59 PM
More about the new areas. Nothing official, just speculation from the data file names.

Desert seems to have 3 distinct zones (1, 2, 3).
Wilds has only one zone, but seems to be very big.
Crater has also one zone, but seems to be quite small.
Only one "big" boss.

Ash1ey
Nov 28, 2004, 10:41 AM
Do you think it would be possible to send me the episode 4 tracks sometime? Since I cant participate in the beta, Id like to hear them.

If not its okay though

Getintothegame
Nov 29, 2004, 02:49 AM
Asking or posting the music files is against forum rules.

Sorry.

I've heard them, though, and they are teh sweetness.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-11-28 23:59 ]</font>

gallaugher
Nov 29, 2004, 11:57 AM
I've had no luck downloading the install files using the username & password I have set up for my HL. Has anyone else had problems with the username and password?

Deissa
Nov 29, 2004, 03:10 PM
It's because you have to use the username and password Sonic Team sent you in their latest mail to you.

Ash1ey
Nov 29, 2004, 04:35 PM
Well i got them anyways http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif from a different site, and yes, they are very sweet. Hope they have an open beta or something later

Dhylec
Nov 29, 2004, 04:49 PM
hm.. make me wanna go dl it just for the music
my pc is to old to play it >.<

gallaugher
Nov 29, 2004, 05:17 PM
On 2004-11-29 12:10, Cadamar wrote:
It's because you have to use the username and password Sonic Team sent you in their latest mail to you.

Right you are. That wasn't easy to find since my Yahoo mail doesn't understand japanese characters.

PJ
Nov 29, 2004, 07:14 PM
Neither does mine. Which characters are the username and password? @_@

EJ
Nov 29, 2004, 08:01 PM
On 2004-11-29 13:49, Dhylec wrote:
hm.. make me wanna go dl it just for the music
my pc is to old to play it >.<

If you got a email from ST for the beta test and don't want to participate in it send me your email so I can get in the beta ^o^.

o('.')O

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 30, 2004, 07:44 AM
Is in regard to "PSO BB EPISODE IV Closed β trial" of this day opening schedule, but from circumstances 12/2 (the wood) you modified start due date in 18:00.

Does applying annoyance very much we apologize to everyone who designates new episode as expectation, deeply.

Now for a while, to wait, that it receives, understanding extent of cooperation we ask may.

Basically, the thing's been delayed. I'll be asleep if you need me.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 2, 2004, 03:05 AM
55 minutes and counting!

Rainbowlemon
Dec 2, 2004, 04:28 AM
Well, its up! It turned out my account WASN'T enabled, so apparently I can't get on the beta trial -_-

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 2, 2004, 05:09 AM
Government quest 9-1 (note that when next one comes out, i'll be taking this offline since i have limited space, so limited infact that you join me after 5 minutes of play.)

http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/jfields/9-1.avi

Having trouble viewing? You need divx! http://www.divx.com Just get the standard version.

Para
Dec 2, 2004, 09:06 AM
For people who need a translation on the monsters...
Buuta
Ba Buuta
Ze Buuta
Yowey
Satelite Lizard
Astark
Dolphon

My review of Wilds.

The Good
The scenary, texture and detail is quite exceptional compared to the other levels we've seen. You can definitely tell SEGA used a good portion of their budget there. The monsters are quite detailed as well. The animation is slick and smooth. The environment most importantly the cactus is quite interesting... making you take damage if you touch it, most likely very deadly in ultimate. In 9-1 of course you see Sue nad Kireek so they're back and continuing the Sue plotline (Where's Bernie? Guess he rotted away in Ruins 2.. maybe Montague will appear...) The music definitely has a nice nostagalic feeling to it with the PS III theme in it. Its not too overly exciting music but its nice to hear the PS III part when running through Wilds.

The Bad
The maps are rather repetitive for now. Not many variations. SEGA could really become more innovative with the gates atleast but they're just stupid laser fences from before.

The Ugly
I think SEGA spent so much portion of their budget on the graphics department that the monster AI department is left to be desired. WILDS = FOREST EXCEPT FOR DOLPHON THE OVERSIZED DELBITER. I mean cmon! Astark is a fucking hildebear. It even roars like one -_- The lizards jellen and zalure themselves if their leader is gone... maybe SEGA got lazy for the beta and is saving the good AI for the retail version I HOPE.

You aren't missing too much i say if you aren't in the beta. Maybe when Episode IV retail, things might be better. I'll post another review up when 9-2 comes and crater appears.

edit: fixed yowey thanks cadamar
Apparently its called Wilds not desert. Sorry for the mistake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2004-12-02 19:57 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Dec 2, 2004, 09:34 AM
Well, I got error 905, means that the user name exists but the pass is incorrect. Hum...

Deissa
Dec 2, 2004, 10:11 AM
Just 'Yowey', Nites >_>

Anyhow, the area corresponding to the "slbgm_wilds" .ogg is called "Crater Outskirts".

You can expect 9-2 on the 9th, and 9-3 on the 16th. Both quests will have different routes, and with 9-3 comes Ultimate.

On the 23rd comes the "Crater" area.

.....bah.

edit: 'Yowey', not 'Yowy' makes more sense, really.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cadamar on 2004-12-02 07:15 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 2, 2004, 10:42 AM
Can anyone get to work on a translation of what is said in the video I posted?

Also can we get pictures next to each monster's name?

Here's a couple of quick snaps.

http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/jfields/crater.jpg
http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/jfields/Dolphon.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2004-12-02 10:05 ]</font>

Ash1ey
Dec 2, 2004, 03:08 PM
*looks at pics and video*

*dies*

want SO BADLY

until then... i play normal blue burst!

Split
Dec 2, 2004, 04:26 PM
so...hpw are the government quests?(principal's prefecture)

Getintothegame
Dec 2, 2004, 06:36 PM
Well, I got past Error 905, now it has Error 904. Username/pass doesn't exist.

WTF? :|

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 2, 2004, 10:26 PM
The new username/pass is for use on the beta website, use your usual name/pass to log on to the game.

Getintothegame
Dec 3, 2004, 12:25 AM
I've used that.

I also had the legitimate email. Probably shouldn't have deleted the email...

I use my normal username and pass for the beta... the only thing I know that might have messed it up would be that I changed the password...

Any ideas?

Is anyone able to send a simple email to ST asking about it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-12-02 21:26 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 3, 2004, 01:28 AM
I can't think of anything else...

on a lighter note, is it me or do these new enemies seem a bit blind?

http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/jfields/hi.avi

Rainbowlemon
Dec 3, 2004, 04:40 AM
On 2004-12-02 21:25, Getintothegame wrote:
I've used that.

I also had the legitimate email. Probably shouldn't have deleted the email...

I use my normal username and pass for the beta... the only thing I know that might have messed it up would be that I changed the password...

Any ideas?

Is anyone able to send a simple email to ST asking about it?

Dude, I've got exactly the same problem - got the email, didn't think it was important, so I deleted it. Now I get an error on trying to connect, even though I should TECHNICALLY be allowed to play. I've written a [VERY] simple mail to sega, but I can pretty much guarantee that wont do much...

My guess is that by downloading the file using the pass and username given on the email, you 'activate' your account for beta...

Oh well, from what I've heard, we're not missing too much >_>

PJ
Dec 4, 2004, 08:24 AM
Is there a new Pioneer 2?

I wanna see more snapshots, but the BB snapshot thread died >_>;;;

Zarode
Dec 4, 2004, 11:33 AM
On 2004-12-04 05:24, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Is there a new Pioneer 2?

I wanna see more snapshots, but the BB snapshot thread died >_>;;;

Nope, they are using the Ep1 Pioneer. >< Lazy bums.

Ash1ey
Dec 4, 2004, 05:06 PM
well there will probably be a new one in the full version, it was like that in ep1/2 trial for gc too

Tycho
Dec 8, 2004, 04:26 AM
Can I down that for the BGMs even without being allowed to do the beta trial?

And when they release the full version.. we'll have to do new item excavations I guess? x.x

Para
Dec 9, 2004, 04:54 PM
anyone see the new monster?

Nisshoku
Dec 9, 2004, 05:18 PM
Holy crap.

I wish I could have saved PSO:BB before my format, as after seeing some of this, I think I need new pants. O.o

Para
Dec 10, 2004, 11:36 PM
An update on the beta.

Week 2:

Well continuing my review of Episode IV Beta.

In 9-2, apparently Sega decided to abuse the doodad tool again. Remember mountains and the area with the plants placed all over the room? Sega decided to do that again except with rocks for one room and cacti. Now the cacti one is hilarious because.... well its cacti and you get pricked if you hit one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
the rocks prove rather a nuisance for HUnters you are forced to navigate through them. However its easier for RAngers and FOrces since they specialize in range. Oh guess what? Bernie (guess he didn't rot away in Ruins 2) and Ash are back in this quest.
There's new weapons out. Some gardening tools (a rake and a ... what you call those anyways? They look like pitchfork + rake together) a brand new saber which awhile ago, you struck with it backwards (you would be holding its sharp end and strike monsters with its hilt). The latest update supposed to have a brand new monster in. I didn't see it when I was doing 9-2. Some people speculated it was a rare monster. Some people said it was a mini boss.

Oh well... East Tower and Gallon's Shop is coming http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 11, 2004, 02:45 AM
It's too bad they corrected the "inverted weapons" glitch in last weeks update... They should have at least left it that way until they released an e4 gun, hence giving the players a choice to end it all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Stan64
Dec 11, 2004, 09:30 AM
Here are some maps I made. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif More coming up.

http://stan64.ath.cx/psobb/ep4/ep4_map1.jpg

http://stan64.ath.cx/psobb/ep4/ep4_map2.jpg

Printer Friendly Versions
Map 1 http://stan64.ath.cx/psobb/ep4/ep4_map1_p.jpg
Map 2 http://stan64.ath.cx/psobb/ep4/ep4_map2_p.jpg

Para
Dec 11, 2004, 02:51 PM
ur missing a warp in the first map stan. I thought I already told you that -_-

And that warp didn't appear because you didn't trigger the monster spawn (duh.) and didn't kill them to bring out the warp. Now go fix the map.

Split
Dec 11, 2004, 02:53 PM
On 2004-12-10 20:36, Nites wrote:
An update on the beta.

Week 2:

Well continuing my review of Episode IV Beta.

In 9-2, apparently Sega decided to abuse the doodad tool again. Remember mountains and the area with the plants placed all over the room? Sega decided to do that again except with rocks for one room and cacti. Now the cacti one is hilarious because.... well its cacti and you get pricked if you hit one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
the rocks prove rather a nuisance for HUnters you are forced to navigate through them. However its easier for RAngers and FOrces since they specialize in range. Oh guess what? Bernie (guess he didn't rot away in Ruins 2) and Ash are back in this quest.
There's new weapons out. Some gardening tools (a rake and a ... what you call those anyways? They look like pitchfork + rake together) a brand new saber which awhile ago, you struck with it backwards (you would be holding its sharp end and strike monsters with its hilt). The latest update supposed to have a brand new monster in. I didn't see it when I was doing 9-2. Some people speculated it was a rare monster. Some people said it was a mini boss.

Oh well... East Tower and Gallon's Shop is coming http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

of course Bernie didnt. you see him in seat of the heart!

Para
Dec 11, 2004, 04:24 PM
oh yeah.. forgot about that.

Link00seven
Dec 11, 2004, 04:39 PM
I dont even have PSOBB on my computer anymore...if I wanted to play it i'd have to:

A: Download the Software, again
B: Renew my HL, thats if I can remember my username/pass and come up with the fee.
C: Somehow find the link for that Ep4 Beta, if I can even get in it (I know that my PSOBB acct is from the old beta days)
D: Find interest to play PSO, period.

Anyone want to help with any of the 4? lol

EJ
Dec 11, 2004, 07:10 PM
On 2004-12-11 13:39, Link00seven wrote:
I dont even have PSOBB on my computer anymore...if I wanted to play it i'd have to:

B: Renew my HL, thats if I can remember my username/pass and come up with the fee.
C: Somehow find the link for that Ep4 Beta, if I can even get in it (I know that my PSOBB acct is from the old beta days)

The first 3 is easy but the 4th problem I would suggest brain washing to find interest in pso again ;wacko;

Split
Dec 11, 2004, 09:46 PM
On 2004-12-11 13:39, Link00seven wrote:

Reasons for #4: Katanas, phsycogun, RATI, flame garment, twin blaze

Elmaed
Dec 11, 2004, 10:44 PM
damn im jealous. looks pretty cool.

Nai_Calus
Dec 12, 2004, 12:01 AM
On 2004-12-11 18:46, Split wrote:
Reasons for #4: RATI

What he said. >_>

Split
Dec 15, 2004, 05:43 PM
Just saw the box for the retail version. Look in the upper right corner. Do I see a new character class(es)?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2004-12-15 14:44 ]</font>

EJ
Dec 16, 2004, 01:40 AM
Nope that either Leo from WORKS or the new Boss.

blades1
Dec 16, 2004, 03:07 AM
I've been gathering up info on BB for awhile, I downloaded it, but now I have no clue how to register and get username/password. I saw a post on here from awhile back, but the link is dead now. Any help? Thanks.

Para
Dec 16, 2004, 03:25 PM
Week 3:

http://stw.ryerson.ca/~e9lau/PSOImages/ep4beta4.jpg

Tehehehe! Sand Rappy! Yes they are translated as Sand Rappy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Cute fellows eh? Bernie and Ash once again appear in this quest as well... Interestingly enough before you are close enough to Bernie, he's actually in a pose where he's not holding his flame visit. Its actually placed on his side, but when you get close, he picks it up o_O. There's another new monster. Zu The Reskinned Nano Dragon. Larger than Nano Dragon though but does the same thing as Nano. Atleast SEGA is trying to mix up the equation a bit. Hopefully we'll see some more interesting monsters. I found a photon drop lol. Nothing special mentioning besides the new monsters really.

Rainbowlemon
Dec 16, 2004, 04:41 PM
On 2004-12-16 12:25, Nites wrote:
Tehehehe! Sand Rappy!

Can anyone say rare rappy hunting? :D

Nai_Calus
Dec 16, 2004, 07:14 PM
On 2004-12-16 13:41, Antimony wrote:

On 2004-12-16 12:25, Nites wrote:
Tehehehe! Sand Rappy!

Can anyone say rare rappy hunting? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Except there's been no announcement of a rare version of these yet. XP

If there's a rare of anything yet, it's Astarok, I'm willing to bet. Rare Hildebear, anybody? XP

Split
Dec 16, 2004, 10:49 PM
On 2004-12-15 22:40, ForceEJ wrote:
Nope that either Leo from WORKS or the new Boss.

oh yeah, that is grahart. My bad. At least that means the government quests will provide some sort of story

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2004-12-16 19:55 ]</font>

Para
Dec 16, 2004, 11:54 PM
then i guess the other characters are
karen, rupika, sue and montague for the box?

EJ
Dec 17, 2004, 04:34 PM
Sand Rappy =D, I wonder if they will make another version of Ill Gills?

Split
Dec 19, 2004, 11:46 PM
On 2004-12-16 20:54, Nites wrote:
then i guess the other characters are
karen, rupika, sue and montague for the box?

no I'm pretty sure those are just the default characters that appear on all the PSO covers because they probably also would've had Bernie, Ult, and Elenor, because they are all important characters as well. Also the ones on the box have different weapons(Sue has a saber, Rupika has some other weapon thats not a rod, Montague don't have a C-Bringers Rifle. So anyway....Jonathanf, could you {i}please{/i} make a video for 9-2?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2004-12-22 08:56 ]</font>

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 23, 2004, 04:06 AM
Ho Hum... Crater time.

http://folina.net/psoep4/pso4A.jpg
*Takes clothes off, and goes for a swim*
http://folina.net/psoep4/pso4C.jpg
*Drowns*

(More episode IV pics here: http://folina.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=138)

PhotonDrop
Dec 23, 2004, 03:39 PM
dude, those weps are interesting, toy weps and heavy hitters, I DEMAND NAMES! :D

But whats the deal with the gold blade?

And was Daylight Scar really changed into a Dagger or is ST trying to be funny with a HoP clone? >.>

Split
Dec 23, 2004, 04:06 PM
On 2004-12-23 12:39, PhotonDrop wrote:
dude, those weps are interesting, toy weps and heavy hitters, I DEMAND NAMES! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But whats the deal with the gold blade?

And was Daylight Scar really changed into a Dagger or is ST trying to be funny with a HoP clone? >.>

I'm pretty sure that Daylight Scar was a dagger first and then got transformed into a claw later in the unveiling. Which sucks because it looked sick as a dagger.

Deissa
Dec 24, 2004, 03:24 AM
Well, that should be the last update, anyhow, as the beta ends on the 27th at about 6am GMT :E

PhotonDrop
Dec 26, 2004, 11:47 PM
27th of December? if so, yay, cuz thats tomorrow n.n

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 27, 2004, 03:31 AM
Ok beta's over. Episode 4 starts for real in 2 months...hopefully we get a new lobby then.