PDA

View Full Version : I am not your garbage girl

navci
Nov 23, 2004, 02:13 AM
You know. I really think I am quite fortunate to get to work in this company. People are generally very nice, great team players and all those nice shit. But ya know, sometimes things irk me as well, and this will be one of those things.

See. On weekdays I work in the Park Royal store, weekends, I work in Oakridge.
Every Monday I come into Park Royal finding a disaster, and I start in the afternoon, Monique already has the entire morning to clean up the "aftermath".

Today, for example.
We had deliveries on Sunday. (I was at Oakridge, I knew what it is like to try to do stock and talk to customers at the same time, it gets chaotic) Two guys were in yesterday, Ricky and Jonathan. Jonathan left a note about how he isn't going to deal with the stupid stock because they are cheap and they won't sell at Park Royal and wrote an e-mail to our Director of resources/owner about how we should have some other stock we are low on instead of these cheap little things. Well. Okay, to be fair, he has a point, we didn't get any of the stock that we are low on, but bunch of things that doesn't really fit in this particular store. Yaddy Yadda. But, the note he left us was pissy and almight, which was essentially saying "I refuse to price this cuz I am better than this. Good luck."

Here is the rant:
1. Okay. Fine. I understand the situation. But really, pricing and trying to count stock is part of your job. If you dont want to price it and put it out, the least you can do is price and receive them. These just have to be done. They didn't price anything, didn't count anything, stock was just put out directly without being count and received. And we, people who work the next day has to retrace every piece of stock to make sure all the numbers are right?

2. See. Every monday I also come in and finding a bunch of garbages, cardboards and such. They were never being taken out. They are always in the middle of everything. Today I went in, and one of the garbage was leaking. I was working yesterday, I know it gets hectic. We managed to take out the garbage. They had THREE people working yesterday, I really don't see why they couldn't have taken out the garbage. They always leave a bunch of shit here and we have to deal with it on Monday. Once I had to take out 5 bags of garbages accumulated since Friday. Really, I am not your garbage girl. Everyone is responsible for cleaning up.

3. Which brings me to the next point. These guys are so fucking messy. We sell knives. One of the very first thing we learn is, each time after a knife is being shown. Clean off the fingerprints. Put it right back with pricetags and everything. Fingerprint removal is the first thing you have to do, immediately, no delay. Guess what, they never do. Finger prints all over. (they cause rust), if knives stock come in, they never make price tags. They actually left a note to request for some new ones cuz they can't be bother to do it, it's so -TEDIOUS-. (which of course, we have to end up making them)

4. Really. the busy times are coming. There are really a lot to be dealt with. Each person need to do their own part. Say. If everyone throws out their garbage each day, then no one will have to deal with 10 garbages one day. They have the time to write complains, why can't they do something slightly more constructive? I really hate dealing with this aftermath every week, also, Monique is usually cranky on Mondays as well since she always find a disaster the moment she comes in.

I am so making an official complain to my manager about this.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 23, 2004, 02:50 AM
Curses! in two contexts:
I was thinking about posting a rant about the whole world going to hell since people can't clean up after themselves, you beat me to it!

I know what you mean about the grunt work/garbage person.

I didn't know anything about the weekly garbage services for my workplace. I had to find out on my own. I asked my boss. I came early in the morning to watch the garbage men do their jobs on the dumpsters. Lastly I saw these red tags saying the garbage men would not take this crap because it is overflowing and it is a violation. These violations cost money.

The dumpster is in a blind corner of the parking lot. Bad for it to be a mess since cars have very little room as is. It was overflowing out into the 8-10 foot area in front of it. It was around 10:35 PM, stores closed, cleaning up time. I had a choice to just go back to work after dumping said garbage and carboard like the rest or clean it all up BY MYSELF.

I was thinking "Fuck it. I'm the man. I'm gonna do good here. I'm not gonna get my boss a fine and violation." Took 15-20 minutes to clean up the whole area. Stack cardboard that was lying everywhere, move it around. Put it in the dumpster neatly.

But I'm not Superman! I couldn't push the damn thing by myself completely into its little shelter with locking door. Damn heavy dumpster. Damn me and my 5'7" 135 lb frame. I later watched the garbage man struggle to pull it out and place it where his truck could get it, the next morning.

People need to be more considerate. I was clocked out of work and my co-worker came out with some heavy garbage cans/lots of carboard. I helped him out since I know how hard it is to do alone. Also I picked up a cardboard box from my store and placed it where it should have been, which had somehow gotten all the way across the parking lot; like 300 feet away!

Damn garbage. Damn paper usage. Damn natural resources being lost everyday.