PDA

View Full Version : Random Crap Conversation pet peeves! Nothing too major.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 23, 2004, 03:43 AM
Setting: Bus-stop. Random person. Me (headphones on).
-What time bus arrive?
10:15
-Huh?!
-What time is it now?
10:07
Huh?!
*ignores*

I don't need to repeat myself. Don't bother me! >_< Are you blind? I have headphones on. Buy a watch. Get a bus schedule. Listen to the answer since YOU asked ME. I feel no need to repeat myself. I was late for work and in a bad mood. Sorry, to the random person.

Setting: My bedroom. Me. Random friend of sibling walks by the room and sees me playing something. Walks to see better view of TV
-What are you playing?
Phantasy Star Online.
-What?
Phantasy Star Online.
-So you're online?
No I'm actually playing Offline right now.
-What?
*Ignores
-*Sibling friend leaves room

Okay. Its not a popular all over TV advertisements game. You asked me what the title of the game was. I told you. What more do you want? Pay attention. Online games do sometimes have Offline modes, Online is just part of the title. Me saying Phantasy Star would be incorrect. Saying only PSO would sound too nerdy. Sorry, for not having a lock on my door to my room. Keep out them n00bs.

Setting: Retail store. Me. Hyperactive cashier clerk lady.
-*Starts ringing up my purchases quickly and looks at back of EGM I'm buying*
-Hey Halo 2!
-Did you get the special edition?

What? No.

-*Says total* Cash or credit?

Cash.*Pulls out money.*

-*Counts up what I was taking out of my wallet before I even finished. And says it back to me.*

*Tells amount I'm paying with. Pays* Thanks.

-Throws together coin change with the reciept and two heavy bags together whilst I fumble to get it all together with only, you know, two hands.

Okay that transaction wouldn't be so bad had it not taken only less than a minute. Why rush me when there is no one else in the line?! Why assume me buying a game mag with Halo 2 on one picture on the back would make me automatically have the Special Edition? Halo 2 isn't the Apex(or insert better synonym word here) of all gaming to me. I bought the EGM to read the reviews on GTA:SA, HALO 2, Metroid Prime 2, and read the rest of my fave gaming mag. Why not let me answer at all and badger me with questions like that? Hurrying me the hell outta your line, when I'm clearly the only one there? What so you can go back to standing around and talking?

Sorry. To just about everything in that last one.

Setting: Retail Store. Me. n00b cashier clerk lady.

The PS2 over there is mine also.

-Okay. *Says total.*

Out of $200 please.(Sadly all in $20's. The new redesigned slim PS2 was just sitting there back in the second week of October. I splurged to get one and had to use the store's ATM to do so, thus all the 20 dollar bills.)

-Okay.*hold up every bill into the light to check for watermarks* Then miscounts and restarts.

Is it really necessary to do that for all of them? Don't you have a watermark/counterfeit finding pen? I have one at my workplace. And I got those from your store's ATM.

-It doesn't matter. This is the only way to check. You know. The watermark.

*Smiles and plays along.*

-Finally rings it up and tells me about how I've been selected for a $5000 shopping spree if I only do this this this and that! Then proceeds to waste my time to tell me how and where to go online or in the store.

>_< No. Use a watermark pen. One swipe. Or if one or two look okay then I think all 10 would be fine no? from your damn store's ATM? since it made you lose your count, one or two is very sufficient. "I've been selected" my ass! That comes up on every receipt to every customer in the store everyday. I've purchased stuff at your register before. You must have told me 3 times already now within 3 months.

This lady does not need to be working in the electronics section. That's not how it works at this store though. The people most qualified/suited for the departments are never in them.

Sorry. I just gotta say less and smile more. That's it. Nice and easy. Pay with 2 100's maybe? that shouldn't be hard to count/miscount/check water marks! Plan ahead. not use crappy store ATM w/service charges.

Deathscythealpha
Nov 23, 2004, 04:58 AM
On 2004-11-23 00:43, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
>_< No. Use a watermark pen. One swipe. Or if one or two look okay then I think all 10 would be fine no? from your damn store's ATM? since it made you lose your count, one or two is very sufficient.

Well checking only 1 or 2 is the wrong thing to do. People will slip counterfiet notes in between a bundle of real ones, hoping that the person will only check one or two of the notes.

Did she see you go to the ATM? If she didn't and you suddenly turn up with a large wad of cash she may have suspicions and would have to check it. If she wasn't to check it she could loose her job if the notes ended up being countfiet.

My shop doesn't have a watermark pen. I don't even think we have watermark pens over here. It sounds like some shops will get them for their employees, some won't. Its not the lass behind the tills fault that the manager didn't order any in.

space_butler
Nov 23, 2004, 06:14 AM
i have a watermark pen at work, but (i think) its only for use on £50s...i never really check anything else and no-one has told me to do so either.

Daikarin
Nov 23, 2004, 05:27 PM
On 2004-11-23 00:43, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Setting: Bus-stop. Random person. Me (headphones on).
-What time bus arrive?
-Huh?!
-What time is it now?
10:07
Huh?!

Try speaking loud as if the whole world was as loud as your phones. It will make you look like a retard, and seeing that, the random person will run away.

"TEN HOURS DUDE"

Setting: My bedroom. Me. Random friend of sibling walks by the room and sees me playing something. Walks to see better view of TV
-What are you playing?
Phantasy Star Online.
-What?
Phantasy Star Online.
-So you're online?
No I'm actually playing Offline right now.
-What?
*Ignores
-*Sibling friend leaves room

-What are you playing?
An offline Role-playing game.
-Which one?
Phantasy Star Online.

Setting: Retail store.

(...)

-Throws together coin change with the reciept and two heavy bags together whilst I fumble to get it all together with only, you know, two hands.

The real trouble is when you shop for the whole house, are holding the briefcase with your school/college stuff and you got a line of pitbull-faced old geezers right before you.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 24, 2004, 08:28 AM
Well.
Lay down the row of the bills, then swipe them all with the pen.

Hold them up in line and together all at once?! maybe? to see them all at once in the light.

My headphones weren't on too loud and are not noise-cancelling. I still heard the lady and answered. Her fault for not listening, or stop caring after she asked me. Not even a "Excuse me. What time is the bus coming?" Just a demanding: What time bus coming? what time now? What? What?!
I usually get: "Eh? homes, how long you been here?" "Hey you! You know what time it is?"

Kids around here don't understand online games much.

It REALLY does happen when they only say:
What are you playing?
-answer as best I can since I'm being bothered.

What?
(because they didn't care what the answer was anyway.)
Oh.

I should tell them its something its not, something popular, so they'll leave me alone.

Why rush one customer only to get to the next and rush them again? No matter how many items they bought?
I think at least be considerate of the person with the MOST items. Give them an extra minute to put everything together.

KodiaX987
Nov 24, 2004, 10:01 AM
This is a true, 100% honest to goodness convo, that happened in my school's library in 2002, between me and some random dumbfuck.

Him: "What are you looking at?"
Me: "Screenshots of Phantasy Star Online."
Him: "Cool, what platform?"
Me: "Dreamcast."
Him: "DREAMCAST SUCKS, PLAYSTATION 2 IS GONNA KICK ITS ASS!!"

Anubis_
Nov 24, 2004, 11:15 AM
I mean this in the most polite way i can put this..

You have an extreamly shrot temper...

I mean people asking you what time it is.. or what game your playing..

Patience is a virture your are not strong in.

Being patient with a person that (seems) iritating can be rewarding in the long run..

Sounds kinda like a after school specail message but it's true..