PDA

View Full Version : House of Flying Daggers

Myopathy
Dec 1, 2004, 04:44 AM
Fuck!

No movie theater in Houston is showing it on opening weekend! >_<

I've been looking forward to this movie for two months, and now I'll probably have to wait two more weeks before it opens anywhere in Houston. Someone tell me if it's as good as it's hyped up to be. Finally, a martial arts movie comes out that isn't a Jackie Chan bomb or features Jet Li with some randomly selected R&B/Hip-hop artist, and I'm going to miss it.

BOC
Dec 1, 2004, 04:42 PM
house of the flying daggers eh? first time ive heard about it. but martial arts movies usually float my boat.

hey, look on the bright side about having to wait two weeks - none of ur buddies can spoil the ending! unless their online buddies....

PEACE!!!

Aredhel
Dec 2, 2004, 09:55 AM
You should just go buy 'Hero' on DVD instead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I think the nearest theatre showing it this weeked is way the hell over in Ft. Lauderdale, so I guess I'll just have to wait for the DVD release. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wow, Rotten Tomatoes gave it pretty damn-fine ratings!

Myopathy
Dec 2, 2004, 07:52 PM
I've had the Hero DVD since summer of 2003, around the time the movie was released in China. Hero is a chinese film brought over by Tarantino, I guess because he liked it a lot or something.

I think one theater in downtown Houston is going to start showing House of Flying Daggers beginning in two weeks. Blah.

BOC
Dec 4, 2004, 08:47 AM
hero was only released in the cinemas over here about a month ago and is already gone. as you can imagine isn't much demand for off-the-wall chinese martial arts movies in N.Ireland. good movie. wish i could propel myself outa of water using only the tip of a sword.

if ur really that desperate to see the daggers-a-flying u should check to see when its getting its release on dvd and import it. or wait and see....

PEACE!!!

pixelate
Dec 5, 2004, 08:06 PM
House of Flying Daggers is playing within a few blocks of me.

Suckers!