PDA

View Full Version : GC: Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

kevlar_pso
Dec 1, 2004, 03:50 PM
Anyone here planing on gettin this? I still hafta beat MP1. =^[

TheOneHero
Dec 1, 2004, 03:53 PM
Yes, I know I am. MP 1 was enjoyable and Echoes looks like it's going to be better in everything.

I'm pretty sure there was a thread or two about this game from two or so weeks back. >_>

Cynric
Dec 1, 2004, 04:55 PM
You should beat MP1 with 100% if you want to understand MP2's biggest plot point...

_Ted_
Dec 1, 2004, 06:50 PM
On 2004-12-01 13:55, Cynric wrote:
You should beat MP1 with 100% if you want to understand MP2's biggest plot point...

Wasn't there a ten hour time limit of something that went along with beating it with 100%?

geewj
Dec 1, 2004, 07:45 PM

Which doesn't make sense, due to time differences.

Cynric
Dec 1, 2004, 08:04 PM
On 2004-12-01 15:50, _Ted_ wrote:

Wasn't there a ten hour time limit of something that went along with beating it with 100%?

No, time isn't involved at all in the different endings, nor are scans. Just get 100% of all the item expansions and beat the game. Your prize is shown after the 'mission complete' screen.

On 2004-12-01 16:45, Prof_Frink wrote:

Which doesn't make sense, due to time differences.

What do you mean?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynric on 2004-12-01 17:05 ]</font>

geewj
Dec 1, 2004, 08:17 PM
Well...

*************SPOILERS**************

Ok, this war on aether started when a big chunk of phazon hit thier planet a fucking long time ago.

Now samus only did her thing with metroid prime 1 a little while ago.

So Dark samus is supposed to be metroid prime.

How did metroid prime get there though?

She either landed thier with the phazon meteor, but that was a fuck of a long time ago, or she magicaly materialized there when samus landed on the planet. If that's the case then how and why did metroid prime get there? "She is samus' phazon alter ego so she was there in dark when samus showed up on light" isn't a good enough reason.

Cynric
Dec 1, 2004, 08:19 PM
On 2004-12-01 17:17, Prof_Frink wrote:
Well...

*************SPOILERS**************

Ok, this war on aether started when a big chunk of phazon hit thier planet a fucking long time ago.

Now samus only did her thing with metroid prime 1 a little while ago.

So Dark samus is supposed to be metroid prime.

How did metroid prime get there though?

She either landed thier with the phazon meteor, but that was a fuck of a long time ago, or she magicaly materialized there when samus landed on the planet. If that's the case then how and why did metroid prime get there? "She is samus' phazon alter ego so she was there in dark when samus showed up on light" isn't a good enough reason.

Ah. Well for that, you'll just have to see MP2's 100% ending. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

EJ
Dec 1, 2004, 11:50 PM
Spoiler:

Well Prime was on the planet because it was attradicted to large amount of phazon on the planet. And Samus was called to the planet recently and Prime was on the planet for a while before Samus herself was even called to the planet.

This info can be gather according to the pirate logs.

kevlar_pso
Dec 2, 2004, 12:37 PM
On 2004-12-01 17:04, Cynric wrote:

No, time isn't involved at all in the different endings, nor are scans. Just get 100% of all the item expansions and beat the game. Your prize is shown after the 'mission complete' screen.

Are you sure? I could have sworn that having every single scan was required for the 100% completion of the game.

Cynric
Dec 2, 2004, 03:24 PM
On 2004-12-02 09:37, kevlar_pso wrote:

On 2004-12-01 17:04, Cynric wrote:

Are you sure? I could have sworn that having every single scan was required for the 100% completion of the game.

Nope, scan% only unlocks more image galleries.

Deathscythealpha
Dec 2, 2004, 04:06 PM
I think im going to skip out on MP2. MP1 was ok, but the constant back tracking all the way across levels just got tiresome. Maybe if you were rewarded a bit more for completing large sections (a small FMV or tow) i might have been able to stick it more, but as it was i just got a lil bored.

MP2 looks lovely graphically, and i love the Metroid Mythos and the Samus Aran character, i just get lost when it comes to the gameplay.

darthsaber9x9
Dec 2, 2004, 04:34 PM
On 2004-12-02 13:06, Deathscythealpha wrote:
I think im going to skip out on MP2. MP1 was ok, but the constant back tracking all the way across levels just got tiresome. Maybe if you were rewarded a bit more for completing large sections (a small FMV or tow) i might have been able to stick it more, but as it was i just got a lil bored.

MP2 looks lovely graphically, and i love the Metroid Mythos and the Samus Aran character, i just get lost when it comes to the gameplay.

in the reviews it says that there is much less backtracking. i might get it even though i have never played mp1

kevlar_pso
Dec 3, 2004, 01:48 PM
On 2004-12-02 12:24, Cynric wrote:

Nope, scan% only unlocks more image galleries.

Ah, that's what it was. Thnx for the info.

Serapies
Dec 10, 2004, 05:50 PM
It's true there isn't much back traking at all(wich I am very pleased with). My only problem thus far is that you have ammo for the light, dark, and anhilliator beams. This has made the game more difficult(although I do quite relish a challenge, you see mp1 was simply to easy in my opinion). You will start off with 50 ammo for a beam when you get it. To replennish this ammo you must destroy enemies or anything that you can blow up with the opposite beam.Since the anhilliator beam is a combo of both dark and light energies my guess is that it uses one ammo from the dark and light beam simultaneously.

Forte1224
Dec 11, 2004, 12:08 AM
I dont think metroid prime is dark samus...is it?
Anyways, if you didn't play mp1, you should still get it because of the awsome multiplayer mode. Seriously, it's awsome. My friend is getting it for my b-day/christmas gift and i heard mp2 is way more challenging the mp1. mp1 was pretty easy, even in hard mode. And there is NO time limit to get 100%, since i got over 10 hours when i beat with 100%.

Hrith
Dec 11, 2004, 12:17 PM
On 2004-12-10 21:08, Forte1224 wrote:
mp1 was pretty easy, even in hard mode.
Try the PAL game >_>

AUTO_
Dec 11, 2004, 10:52 PM
The great thing about this game is that if you don't play it for two days you have no fucking clue what you were doing the last time you saved.

Joy.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 12, 2004, 04:45 AM
On 2004-12-11 19:52, AUTO_ wrote:
The great thing about this game is that if you don't play it for two days you have no fucking clue what you were doing the last time you saved.

Joy.

Hehe.
Imagine two weeks, then two months.

Actually some people like the idea of "starting over" this way, so to speak.

I however, do not.

I got stuck on a later MP1 boss and called it quits. The game sits on the shelf gathering dust. I should get to it sometime later on, but many people do not have the time to get back into their old games. A damn shame.

RavenTW
Dec 13, 2004, 11:03 PM
It's sad to have obtained the Dark Suit after only the second "Real" boss. The Dark Alpha, Bomb Guardian, and Jump Guardian are more like those minibosses in MP1 that just were there to give you a minor nuisance and forever screw your attempts at gettin 100% scans (Seriously, TWO boss-only War Wasps?). And Dark Samus...Well, she's Dark Samus.

The lack of suits (Dark and Light, whoopee) and Beam specializations kinda make the game lacking compared to the first. I got my first image gallery almost as soon as I picked up the Dark Beam, and with five bosses in two hours, the whole game reeks of "too @!%& short." Of course, this is more of a hardcore-Metroid fan statement. It is, after all, still an uber awesome game. I love the Ing, how perfectly inhuman they are as opposed to most other creatures. The new Space Pirates dissapoint me though. They were obviously re-designed to give Met fans some nostolgia, but I really like those MP1 Troopers and their reptilian-ness.

***THEORIES AND SPOILERS***

As for whether DS is Prime, I have doubts. But all my evidence is circumstancial, as the Phazon can easily change an arm color or presence of eyes. But why cange something so evil-like? Yeah, I see needing the blue; DS is Sammy's polar opposite, and Sam's known for red and yellow. But the eye? C'mon, that was too cool to take away!

Hrith
Dec 14, 2004, 12:14 PM
****UBER SPOILERS****

On 2004-12-13 20:03, RavenTW wrote:
It's sad to have obtained the Dark Suit after only the second "Real" boss.
They did that for two reasons, to change from the overused Varia Suit, and to allow you to go into the dark world more.

The lack of suits (Dark and Light, whoopee)...
wtf ? there were only two suits in Prime, as you actually began with Varia, and Gravity and Phazon are the EXACT same as Varia, only in Purple and Black, whoopee...
Dark and Light Suit have different designs, that alone is worth buying Echoes >_>

...and Beam specializations
Ok I just don't get it, there are as many beams in Prime as in Echoes, the only difference is that instead of the usual elements (fire / ice / lightning), they choose very original 'elements' (darkness, light, sound), so this totally rocks, not mentioning the limited ammo, that truly rules, which prevents the "OH MY GOD, I HAVE A NEW BEAM, I MUST USE IT ON ANYTHING THAT MOVES !!!1111"

I got my first image gallery almost as soon as I picked up the Dark Beam
The game has 7 galleries, Prime had 4 of them >_>

And with five bosses in two hours, the whole game reeks of "too @!%& short"
Echoes is twice as long as Prime, and also twice as hard (although experience of Prime makes Echoes easier, of course), don't worry, there are just loads of bosses in this game.
Also, the timer only works when you actually move Samus, so if the timer says 10 hours, you've played for about 20-25 hours, and I beat it in 38 hours the first time -- yes, that's 76 hours of real in-game, but I'm rather slow (enjoying the places I visit, etc.), and I was at 86%.

It is, after all, still an uber awesome game
I rank it as the best game ever, or very close.

The only four negative things I have to say about Echoes are:
-Meta Ridley owns any Metroid boss ever.
-I would have loved more modes, like a boss mode with all the bosses in a row, that kind of stuff.
-The scenario is too manichaean, the plot is really nice and nicely set up, don't get me wrong; but who wasn't expecting to fight U-Mos ? >_>
-Although the Ing plot/scenario is good, I would have liked it to pertain to pirates a lot more. That applies to both GC Metroids, btw, I would have liked the final boss to be that "commander". In both Prime games, pirates are "secondary" (in Echoes even more), maybe this is meant to, a way to say Metroid III is the one with the 100% Pirate plot =/

But Echoes has perfect gameplay, excellent scenario, it's long and tough, it has the best graphics I've seen on any console, it really an excellent game, its good points are too numerous to list.

joluh
Dec 14, 2004, 05:29 PM
Well I would really need to agree with Kef
In everything

I like this game more than the first one, specially that "stay on the light or you'll die! :gonk:" thingy, that ish fun :3

This game is more challenging than the first one.

However I'm still trying to find the keys for the first temple... >_>;; I've found one XP

EJ
Dec 16, 2004, 02:26 AM
Yes the game is very challenging compare to the first one but the game on hard mode doesn't seem that hard it could be me since playing both game and knowing how to beat each enemy and also the most important thing Dodging ;wacko; but it could just beat me.

Plus getting 100% on both helps too ;p

Skett
Dec 19, 2004, 01:43 AM
On 2004-12-02 13:06, Deathscythealpha wrote:

I am guessing that Prime was your first time playing a Metroid game?

I get Prime 2 as a Christmas present from a friend a few days ago and still doing well. I just got the Dark Beam and well on my way. Thus far, I noticed Prime 2 takes a higher priority on battles that last longer than a few seconds, which is something different.

ViewtifulJoe
Dec 20, 2004, 08:55 PM
Like the other, short, but better. It again, has better graphics than any PS2/Xbox game I've seen. If you beat 1 with 100% than you understand more, but there's practically no story anyways. The best part is how you get every thing you get in mp1 except beams and visors, which are now completely new, plus some crazy crap. Wait'll you get screw attack, that thing kicks major $%*@#@#&%(*@)

Yes, twice as long, twice as hard. That still ain't sayin much but...
Ammo sucks, once you have 250 shots though, it's no problem.
The scanning is infinitely better than 1, not only because of how easy it is to tell what you scanned, what you didn't, and what's important, but also because when you look at what you've scanned, you see a moving 3d picture.
The bosses may be less cool, but Quadraxis is kickass.

Oh, and multiplayer sucks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViewtifulJoe on 2004-12-20 18:02 ]</font>

Forte1224
Dec 22, 2004, 08:44 PM
On 2004-12-10 21:08, Forte1224 wrote:
I dont think metroid prime is dark samus...is it?
Anyways, if you didn't play mp1, you should still get it because of the awsome multiplayer mode. Seriously, it's awsome. My friend is getting it for my b-day/christmas gift and i heard mp2 is way more challenging the mp1. mp1 was pretty easy, even in hard mode. And there is NO time limit to get 100%, since i got over 10 hours when i beat with 100%.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!!

It seems as tho Dark Samus is Metroid Prime.
In the end, Since Dark Samus is the lost boss, after it loses half it's health, it goes berzerk and you can see that it turns translucent-ish. Inside, there is that annoying Metroid Prime and its ugly body. And the Phazon beam WILL be back, but like before, you can only use it on the last boss.

Tycho
Dec 30, 2004, 09:09 AM
I got this game too, and am really enjoying it (I'm still only in the second temple-area though, the forest, for some reason I forgot the name u.u).

Kefka, what did you mean when you said the PAL-version of MP1 was harder? The only difference I know of are the scans, in PAL the Chozo and Pirate logs are ordered chronolically (sp?).

SPOILERS

Dark Samus is Metroid Prime. The game is still called 'Metroid Prime', damnit. Everyone who says otherwise did not see the 100% ending in Metroid Prime one.

Zarode
Dec 30, 2004, 06:44 PM
I beat both. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Have at it, suckers.

Hrith
Dec 30, 2004, 07:45 PM
On 2004-12-30 06:09, Tycho wrote:
Kefka, what did you mean when you said the PAL-version of MP1 was harder? The only difference I know of are the scans, in PAL the Chozo and Pirate logs are ordered chronolically (sp?).
Chronologically.

And in the PAL verion of the game, the monsters have twice the health they have in NTSC versions, simple as that (applies for Hard mode).

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 1, 2005, 04:37 AM
Hey guys...

we got early screw attack down.

http://www.metroid2002.com/prime2/index.php/Main_Page