PDA

View Full Version : Zalure in TA games

SLON
Dec 2, 2004, 08:01 AM
I was happily Zaluring my way through C9, when I was asked via Chat to 'Discard' Zalure.
Now, I always thought Zalure weakened enemies, hence reducing the number of hits required to kill them, therefore reducing the time of the quest overall; I think it's a great way to get XP without much effort, too.
The question is, what is the disadvantge? Ok it uses TP, but what doesn't? I don't think TP is ever short in C9 anyway. If it causes DMC, then so does any Gi or Ra tech.

rena-ko
Dec 2, 2004, 04:11 PM
some dont like it because it fucks up their calculation ( NHH NH for arlan with default weapon as huc for example).

i as a nonforce for my part wouldnt care as long as youre not spamming it because yes, it dmc's.

as a force, i sometimes do it. dont forget. its a must for belra. helps for bringers, but only on belras youre allowed to cast it while someone attacks. for all the others, its of less priority.

i'd say... youre the force, its your thing to plan the way you play. if youre running out of TP (tho zalure is one of the most inexpensive ways to effectictly tag stuff, so i doubt it), then its your fault.
if youre eating up time because you zalure things instead of killing the fourth enemy on your own, then its your fault too.

seeing a bit of my experience with random games, i'd say those who complain about things like that are rather far from being experts tho.

TA is not about tight rules of do's and dont's, its about best time possible and addapting to the team.
however, there are many basic standards.

what most people seem to see as point in TA games:
the force shouldnt level that often, should take care of that enemy it is the most effective on and in general dont hinder the slaves, err... hunters.

SLON
Dec 6, 2004, 08:09 AM
I guess the problem is that I am so used to casting Jellen and Zalure in normal PSO, that I do it without thinking at times. The last couple of games I played recently, I had to make a conscious effort not to Zalure.
Joining random teams is difficult, because you don't know what people expect you to do in a game, and the lack of TA games at the moment means I often join games where I am the only non-jp player, and I have to make my own decisions!

rena-ko
Dec 6, 2004, 11:56 AM
yeah i know how you feel, for both sometimes confusing normal and cmode as well as that its a fact that outside of alcione, you'll hardly find any unarranged cmode games...

so sooner or later, any cmoder will have to deal with the japanese and what makes it more problematic is that they usually have reached a level of experience a gaijin with no access to their forums and guides will never acchieve.

however, giving enough tries with enough mixed up teams will give you lots of examples that you can go by. best is to play as hunter and have another hunter in the team who you simply copy.

the advanced TA force job however needs to play TA with hunter and at the same time keep an eye on the force to learn what to do.
i for my part still have my problems and aside of what comes with time, i dont really like playing TA as a force... thus, i'm under 4 hours with my two TA hunters, but only under 4:30 with my two TA forces... (ep1).

the one time i had the privilegue to participate a 2c1 TA with that awesome fonl... *dreams off*

Tycho
Dec 7, 2004, 01:17 PM
any cmoder will have to deal with the japanese and what makes it more problematic is that they usually have reached a level of experience a gaijin with no access to their forums and guides will never acchieve.

Makes me think. Someone that knows Japanese a bit should try to ask one of the good players what guides they use, and check the guides out to see what kind of information it has PSOW guides don't.

(yes, with 'someone' I meant you. ;p )

SLON
Dec 8, 2004, 07:58 AM
Joining a team where everyone else has a time of under 3 hours is quite scary, especially when you are the only Gaijin.
The cmode guides on PSOW are definitely worth reading (despite the odd V2 references that no longer apply), but there is loads of stuff that is not mentioned, eg where to find all the shields on C9 etc.
Even then there are a lot of points to argue over, such as how to deal with Pan Arms in C4: some people recommend only 1 Fo attacks them, some say 2 Fos, and others say don't Foie them at all - it's quicker to run round them and make them split so the Hus can finish them off; which is really the quickest I'm not sure!!

rena-ko
Dec 8, 2004, 01:04 PM
heh, i dont know half as much japanese as i would need to understand those guides. but no need to ask since everyone (with jp IME) can google them within a minute.

for pan arms... there are different ways.

techs as well cancel eachother so either two forces time it right or only one of them does it.
high damage splits them.

pushing the pan arms into a wall or simulating this could help splitting them. simulating as in running into it from the side (so you dont get hit).

definitely best way are weapon specials. fire, demon, hell - all the nice ones.

from experience for the simulating i'd say it at least wont delay / hinder and is better than just standing around (seeing as HP-TP regeneration in c4 is a joke anyway).

haruna
Jan 24, 2005, 01:03 AM
If you were to ever join the Xbox crowd, I'd encourage you to J&Z to your heart's desire. For some odd reason, in the Xbox world, J&Z does not cancel. Strange that it does on GC. I will make note of it when I try and c-mode on GC later this month(I lost my job, my friend got me PSO1&2+ for GC, I'm gonna have time! ;P)

On Bringers, if you time your J or Z right, you can actually stop the horsie from shooting. This seems to happen if you get the J or Z in nanoseconds after the 6th hit. Due to lag issues, getting this level of precision has a lot of luck riding on it too.

SLON
Jan 24, 2005, 08:00 AM
I suffered a form of DMC the other day when I was standing on a door switch. Someone else came and stood on the switch at the same time, and the door closed for a couple of seconds!!

rena-ko
Jan 27, 2005, 04:27 PM
that's called lag.

and - to check if JZ cancels:

load c7 or c9.
get two forces, find a belra and kill everything else.
now, a belra has 800 HP. one should cast zonde and count, the other force should spam J or Z.
now, if the cumulated damage the zonde-force does, is around 800, it doesnt cancel.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2005-01-27 13:31 ]</font>