PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Universe

Split
Dec 2, 2004, 05:17 PM
In all psu topics, I constantly hear talk of how great an mmorpg PSU will be. Let me make my point: PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE WILL BE AN OFFLINE GAME!! Knowing the Nintendo influence, it will probably have a Zelda style battle system(which owns by the way, even if it is unoriginal)I'm also quite sure of my proof that I'm right. Recently, I heard that EPIII would be the last non-traditional(online)Phantasy Star during an interview with Yuji Naka concerning EPIII. Some may argue "what about Blue Burst? That came out after EPIII"however, I repeat:console Phantasy Star. Also, three planets: Motovia, Dezolis, Palma. I'm not sure if anyone else has picked this up, but as they have in the past, these planets usually come free with a story line involving people, including the character you play as. And finally, the fact that they had a trailer in which characters displayed expression and emotion through ways other than text or little speech bubbles containing smiley faces. In the current PSO games,characters faces never moved at all, even when they take a blow from an enemy. However, by all means, think what you want. It could even be set up with a minor offline mode, like halo 2(considering that epIII was a dissapointment to many people). I am merely saying what I believe, and what is evident from what I've seen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2004-12-02 14:20 ]</font>

Solstis
Dec 2, 2004, 06:23 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=82345&forum=9&403

TheOneHero
Dec 2, 2004, 06:36 PM
On 2004-12-02 15:23, Solstis wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=82345&forum=9&403

I believe your sig also helps in this. ;wacko;

PJ
Dec 2, 2004, 08:32 PM
Wow. They don't have a set battle system, let alone a set system. Who says it's gonna be on Nintendo? Most people even believe they'll be on the next gen consoles. Who's to say that the next gen Nintendo won't support online? And, as I said, they haven't even set a system.

Nice try though, the emotions thing? Simple, it's probably just the opening FMV.

Also, you're bit on the interview with Naka... even in the video it says, "PS5?" and "PSO2?" So it could be one or the either. In fact, I think we even got confirmation that it was a MMORPG, but I'm not sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-12-02 17:34 ]</font>

_Sinue_
Dec 2, 2004, 09:00 PM
Why... couldn't it just be both offline and online? Traditionally, MMORPG's have very weak storylines. To add to the players familiarity to the world they explore online - why not have a single-player offline adventure with preset characters? Why else would Sega even insinuate the question of weither it's an offline or online title with the "PSV - PSO2?" teasers? It's not like they don't already know yet.. hell there's gameplay footage in the teaser. They're well into development. For how long.. that's anyone's guess. Rumors of an Offline-Online Phantasy Star MMORPG that takes place in Algol have been circulating since DC v.2's was released.

BTW: Just so you know... PSU will NOT be a continuation of the traditional Phantasy Star storyline. If you look at the trailer and the events that happen in the series - you see that it cannot be a sequel to PSIV. Nor can it be a prequal.. or even a side-story.

Solstis
Dec 2, 2004, 09:48 PM
On 2004-12-02 18:00, _Sinue_ wrote:
Why... couldn't it just be both offline and online? Traditionally, MMORPG's have very weak storylines. To add to the players familiarity to the world they explore online - why not have a single-player offline adventure with preset characters? Why else would Sega even insinuate the question of weither it's an offline or online title with the "PSV - PSO2?" teasers? It's not like they don't already know yet.. hell there's gameplay footage in the teaser. They're well into development. For how long.. that's anyone's guess. Rumors of an Offline-Online Phantasy Star MMORPG that takes place in Algol have been circulating since DC v.2's was released.

BTW: Just so you know... PSU will NOT be a continuation of the traditional Phantasy Star storyline. If you look at the trailer and the events that happen in the series - you see that it cannot be a sequel to PSIV. Nor can it be a prequal.. or even a side-story.

That's how it will start. Then, somehow, ST will link the two, leaving fans completely and udderly lost.

*sigh*

Udderly?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-12-02 18:48 ]</font>

BWS-1
Dec 3, 2004, 06:24 AM
No set system yet? ... Are we talking of a game that will be released in 5+ years? I hope we are, I can't think of anyone expecting a release of such a game anytime soon ... unless it's a Zelda like, then it might be in only 3 years ...

Aredhel
Dec 3, 2004, 10:43 AM
On 2004-12-02 18:48, Solstis wrote:

That's how it will start. Then, somehow, ST will link the two, leaving fans completely and udderly lost.

*sigh*

Udderly?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-12-02 18:48 ]</font>

Like a cow? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I thought this was going to be another ontological debate. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

If the site were able to take posts really fast, we might just be due-in for another tautological discussion http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Split
Dec 8, 2004, 05:17 PM
On 2004-12-02 17:32, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Wow. They don't have a set battle system, let alone a set system. Who says it's gonna be on Nintendo? Most people even believe they'll be on the next gen consoles. Who's to say that the next gen Nintendo won't support online? And, as I said, they haven't even set a system.

Nice try though, the emotions thing? Simple, it's probably just the opening FMV.

Also, you're bit on the interview with Naka... even in the video it says, "PS5?" and "PSO2?" So it could be one or the either. In fact, I think we even got confirmation that it was a MMORPG, but I'm not sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-12-02 17:34 ]</font>
confirmation from what?
BTW, a found the interview, and it also says this:

Nintendo Power:Will there ever be another traditional(offline) Phantasy Star game?

Yuji Naka: I have been asked about that many times. I cannot comment at this point, but stay tuned. I am working on another project, but I don't know I'll be able to reveal it. Maybe I can show it at the next E3

Yes, this was before the trailer for universe had been created

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2004-12-08 14:27 ]</font>