PDA

View Full Version : GC: Formal question

jnblz316
Dec 5, 2004, 08:15 AM
i just got PSO Plus and i had to buy a new memory card due to curruption when i was playing regular PSO. i decided to play as a force for once and i picked a formal. now my question is which id would be ideal for my character. which id will give me a good mix of sabers and mecguns or handgun series.
thanks in advance

Hrigg
Dec 5, 2004, 09:40 AM
All your answers are here: http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=listarticles&secid=8

Hrith
Dec 5, 2004, 12:04 PM
Saber and Handguns drop equally in all IDs -- well, more or less >_>

For mechguns, either Whitill or Purplenum.

Now run before Ian notices you're a FO who wants to use mechs.

rena-ko
Dec 5, 2004, 12:18 PM
forget about handguns.

first off, you'll have to see.
offline or online?

offline only, fomarl is not really that fun unless she's really high level / uses the right equipment.

online, she's a melee and mainly supportive char.
with the right team, and having the right support-techs, you'll hit 140 before you even realize.

besides that, see what you want. you'll have to have different equipment sets (weapon and mag) depending on what you want to do.

melee:
a pow dex mag with no mind like what a hunter would use.

for 1on1, use either twins (srank for example, or doublesaber for TP steal special) or mechguns (preferably charge mechs with 50hit from the shops, or a 9star one with decent hit - its all about hit and you dont have much of it).

for 1onX (if you fight a mob), slicers are good. hunt down an iritista stone and buy a 50hit slicer in the shops which will give you a sweet rainbow baton. you could also try partisans.

handguns, sabers, canes or even wands are useless for melee because your animationspeed will be really slow. rods are ok, give you a bit more def which is neat but damagewise it cant compete with a single target-multi hit weapon.

for casting only:
a mind-only mag. 14 0 1 185 (1 dex to get an ila ^-^)

attack, what you want:
summit moon for base stuff (for bosses)
the 9star wands or a sorcerer cane for mid-techs
or the superb psycho wand for up-techs

for support, you have different choices.
marina's bag for more resta/anti-range, striker of chao for more shifta/deband range. there are others like madams umbrella / parasol who bost support techs and are really nice partisan type weapons.

if youre at it, do a third mag which is kinda so so.
5 50 45 100 or whatever you want or need to hit goldstat on level 200..
this one you can use once youre around level 140, want to melee a bit as well as being supportive.

alright, other stuff - shield:
you'll want an attribute wall. because:
30 elemental damage is necessary to be a tank force during falz fights and other stuff like that.
if you dont find one, try to get an attribute wall lite, a.k.a., spiritual shield. that drops in tower and ruins and seabed on vhard as well as ult under all IDs.
elemental boost merges are... not that needed. defense, elemental defense is important.

armor...
well, what you want. my fav once you're 152 is aura field. kinda ugly / annoying animation, but grand for its stats. have an eye on the defense as well as on the elemental damage.

units...
HP HP HP. mind if you want, tech if you have. maybe a pow if youre for melee (instead of the mind / tech). youre the team's backbone with your support, so see that you have highest HP as possible.

mats:
easy. 125 HP as soon as possible.
also, FOmarl is one of the few chars where TP mats are really helpful. so try to get them (online: rappy festival or for coins from phantasmal world-quests in gallons shop roulette).

for stat mats:
well, boost your def, boost your mind a bit. maybe eva, maybe pow. its helps, but concentrate on eva and def because thats the things you should do with mats while mind and pow are doable via specialized mags.

you should count what you want / need from level 200 to gold stats.

for leveling.
the tough part is offline unlocking. online you'll just have to be the supportive part for a team.
get your support techs as high as you can as soon as possible. they're vital.
with the attack techs, be careful, as you would be with all forces. too much too soon will need too many fluids.

IDs...
well, any you want. youre supportive online, so you'll usually have a team around you. maybe go an unique way and take an ID that is rare online. greenill, oran.
if you want to play offline much, use something where you can pipe interesting stuff. redria for example is a very nice ID. especially for the rainbow baton.

jnblz316
Dec 5, 2004, 12:34 PM
i decided to take a greenill. i wanted to also take an id that i can get the fame barrier with.
thanks for the info guys.

Mixfortune
Dec 5, 2004, 06:32 PM
On 2004-12-05 09:34, jnblz316 wrote:
i decided to take a greenill. i wanted to also take an id that i can get the fame barrier with.
thanks for the info guys.

If you mean flame barrier, every ID gets that very, very easily, without even really trying. It's sort of like choosing an ID that will give you more monomates, it has basically no significance. Of course, I could just be really out of it and you really are referring to something called a "fame barrier", or that you meant something else, but I'm fairly certain of what you were talking about.

I'd recommend not basing an ID off of the non-rare items. For the most part what will matter in the end is the drops you can get from Ultimate, and perhaps even some of the Vhard/Hard rare enemies, or items like Invisible Guard, etc. Take those things in mind rather than non-rare equipment, which you'll find enough of if you're playing the game rather normally.

rena-ko
Dec 6, 2004, 06:46 AM
i guess that means 'flame visit'? but that would be viridia only, not greenill.

greenill is nice for yasminkovs and some other ranger stuff.

edit:
ah you mean flame garment. yes, thats greenill only.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2004-12-06 03:49 ]</font>

Seval
Dec 7, 2004, 01:41 PM
If I had a fomarl, I'd try to get whitill, because of rico's glasses and earrings. But that doesn't really matter, because you've already chosen...

jnblz316
Dec 7, 2004, 05:03 PM
If you mean flame barrier, every ID gets that very, very easily, without even really trying. It's sort of like choosing an ID that will give you more monomates, it has basically no significance. Of course, I could just be really out of it and you really are referring to something called a "fame barrier", or that you meant something else, but I'm fairly certain of what you were talking about.

I'd recommend not basing an ID off of the non-rare items. For the most part what will matter in the end is the drops you can get from Ultimate, and perhaps even some of the Vhard/Hard rare enemies, or items like Invisible Guard, etc. Take those things in mind rather than non-rare equipment, which you'll find enough of if you're playing the game rather normally.

i meant the flame garment lol. my bad.

Skorpius
Dec 9, 2004, 06:08 AM
Greenill doesn't have anything for a FOmarl. Purplenum for Mechs or Bluefull for Madam's Umbrella from V.Hard Gibbles would have been a better choice.