PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to see Damageplan tonight

Madzozs
Dec 5, 2004, 02:07 PM
For those that don't know, Damageplan is a band started by "Dimebag" Darrel and Vinny Paul of Pantera fame. I have to sit through 1 mediocre band, and 1 unheard of band to see them, but it is all worth it. The best part is, I know some of the bouncers, so I might get a chance to meet them. That rules. Oh how I've longed to do shots of JD with Pantera, I'll settle for the good half of them.

Hopefully I don't end up with anything broken this time. Last show I went to I broke my damn foot.

Then I get to wake up and go to my last days of classes for the semester at 8 am.

HotWaterDeath
Dec 6, 2004, 02:05 PM
Who in the world are they playing with?

I'm sure it will be an interesting pit and all. I wonder if the pit-ninjas will show up to that one?

Madzozs
Dec 6, 2004, 10:42 PM
It was the last night of the Intoxication across the nation tour with Shadows Fall. I hadn't really heard Shadows Fall since I was like 15 or 16 when I saw them play around here. I was pretty surprised to see how good they were.

The show altogether was insane. Typical Pantera-esque show though. Whiskey flowing from the heavens, solos, pits, the bands attacking eachother with silly string, ping pong balls, glitter, baby powder and toilet paper. Drunk chicks getting a little too crazy, then being pulled on stage to degrade themselves in front of a bunch of strangers who will remember them for quite some time. I won't get into detail, but you can't pay for that kinda stuff in New York without breaking some kind of law.

And Damageplan played Becoming by Pantera, followed by 20 minutes or so of Dimebag showing off his skill, then Shadows Fall came out for an extended party version of Walk.

HotWaterDeath
Dec 7, 2004, 01:11 PM
HAHAHAHA

Sounds like a fun show.

Something about drunken scag-women always off-sets me though. But I'm sure seeing Dimebag show off his skills would be worth the price of admission alone.

Madzozs
Dec 7, 2004, 02:33 PM
It was, in fact. I just got word earlier today that I should've stuck around the bar a little later on.

I guess one of the DJ's from the station that put the show on had his band do acoustic covers afterwards off to the side. I thought nothing of this, so I left. Turns out about a half hour into the set, Dimebag came out to the bar to hang out. So he was singing along with the band, then they stopped. Dimebag started playing some random songs with other people singing while they were all drinking, and then he disappeared. About 20 minutes later, he came back in covered in black marker. Then he pulled up a stool and did some more acoustic stuff with the DJs band.

I am so pissed I had 2 classes in the morning on Monday.

pixelate
Dec 8, 2004, 02:49 AM
As much as I liked Pantera, I can't seem to get into any of the groups they made after splitting. They need all four of those guys in one place to make music worth listening too. When they're separated the music's like a gallon of water mixed with a shot of JD. They need to get back to the purity of the shot.