PDA

View Full Version : People tend to dislike what they don't understand

Aredhel
Dec 5, 2004, 11:28 PM
Well?

Mixfortune
Dec 5, 2004, 11:32 PM
You're going to need more of a topic than that.
Otherwise I'm guessing it will be locked.
For the record, if you knew that and wanted to just make a quick statement, it's still not that great.

Kuea
Dec 5, 2004, 11:32 PM
Not True at all

Is this supposed ot be a thing saying that no one likes you because they don't understand you?

PhotonDrop
Dec 5, 2004, 11:33 PM
Its rather hard to understand things that are overdone, then at the same time, we dislike that person for overdoing it, and making him or her look a bit more stupid than that person was going for...

Sayara
Dec 5, 2004, 11:33 PM
I wouldn't flatly say "dislike". If they know its meant for them they'll acknoweldge it. Yet, if they dont understand it, it frustrates them. Its for them, but they dont understand and grasp "What the hell is this nut talking about!?"

And when things dont go as they plan it always causes anger, Its human emotion at work anyway. Yet they still know its for them. They cannot simply drop it or "i hate this" it or anything on those lines.

Ya know i dont think that even made anysense?

KodiaX987
Dec 5, 2004, 11:36 PM
Like hell this move will work. Nice try, caboose.

Mixfortune
Dec 5, 2004, 11:39 PM
And some understand why they hate something.

navci
Dec 6, 2004, 12:04 AM
*point and laugh*

RicoRoyal
Dec 6, 2004, 12:25 AM
Isn't that cute? Aredhel is bored. Please, do tell, what is the point of this thread other than to raise your ego when you provide some superfluously philosophical response to what some 16 year-old writes?

Make a topic suited for a Rants forum or go get your jollies elsewhere. Thanks.

EDIT:
Almost forgot to add...

On 2004-12-05 21:04, navinator wrote:
*point and laugh*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2004-12-05 21:27 ]</font>

Aredhel
Dec 6, 2004, 01:27 AM
I wasn't asking each of you about yourselves (though I'm so glad the whole gang could be here) and by this thread, I think it's obvious that the answer is 'yes'.

I was asking if people, in general, tend to do that sort of thing. I see that many of you have bonded over hate of me; that's good and all, but this wasn't intended to be some sort of plea for attention or pity. I could seriously care less whether most of you understand or not - the effort is despairingly lacking. I've never made an effort for people to understand who I really am here - I see no need. Rather, I attempt to make people realize who they are - it's really too bad that so many dislike this concept merely because they cannot understand it.

I find that people tend to dislike and even grow to hate that which they don't understand or make any effort to understand. They are merely content with their one view of everything and tend to harass those who come with views outside of their own because these people have a societal basis for enhancement of their status in their clique. As it would be, people whom I don't even know come out of nowhere to tell me how much of a moron I am for taking many sides to an argument - don't you realize how much of a limitation it is to see with only your own eyes? Instead of offering something new to the discussion, these people tend to dwell on the unimportant aspects of their own self-loathing puppeted towards the goal of bringing down the person proposing an argument rather than the argument, itself. It's really too bad some are stuck in this cycle.

Yet, we do it anyways. We fear and we shall all live and die to fear another day. To what end? Ease of pattern - the ultimate end. The submission to a single ideal or limitation because it's not hard to maintain.

Thoughts? Or do we not like addressing these things in a civilized manner?

I hold nothing personal to anyone here; if you see this as a personal attack I would suggest that you look within yourself and find the grain of truth that is stuck in your throat causing you to cough up forum bile.

RicoRoyal
Dec 6, 2004, 02:28 AM
A real shame you wasted your time typing that up. I read every last word of your convoluted response. I doubt anyone here is surprised you took the time to write that. That cluster of sentences would have meant the same thing to me had a 5 year-old crayola'd it on the wall, bad grammar and all. You seem to be looking for something that you won't be finding in a public forum centered on a video game. You apparently aim to help those who have not asked for help. Nice.

I'm terribly sorry for seeing only with my eyes. I suppose you know what's best, because you obviously placed yourself in our shoes while making this thread </sarcasm>. Here, read what tingle wrote:

On 2004-12-05 20:18, Tingle wrote:
You know, i've meaning to say this you say you wish to help people when they rant and you give them your condolances or whatever, thats cool. However, when one would care to read what you say it becomes an absolute nightmare of comprension. Would it be much to ask if you would make a little more sense when you type? Not everyone is a major of the english language (let alone have it as premiere language) and would be startled by such a huge and gasping response you give.

You get what i am saying? Your posts are thoughtful and concernful i guess but the way you say it totally blows over everyones head. So next time... can it be in simpler english please?

It may lack polish, but I'm sure someone as benevolent as you can take some constructive criticism regardless of how well said criticism is written. I still don't think this is much of a rant - more of a whiney, whimpering noise coming out of an angst teen who found out there is a whole universe to explore, and plenty of ignorant people to make feel stupider.

This topic would mean nothing without the hollow words "nothing personal." Makes me feel all warm inside. Hmmm hmmm. That'll do, Aredhel, that'll do. Goodnight. (do yourself a favor, and sleep on it before you respond)

Solstis
Dec 6, 2004, 02:58 AM
Are you done playing the Devil's Advocate yet, Aredhel?

It's rather tiring.

Aredhel
Dec 6, 2004, 10:34 AM
On 2004-12-05 23:58, Solstis wrote:
Are you done playing the Devil's Advocate yet, Aredhel?

It's rather tiring.

Just stress-testing. =)

If you don't like it at all, don't read it or don't respond to it. I'm doing nothing outside of the realms of decency here.

Aredhel
Dec 6, 2004, 10:45 AM
So what we've established, Rico, is that there is a failure in communication. You have said that I write in a manner by which you cannot understand and you went on to reinforce Tingle's point that there is a failure in comprehension as well (a fault of the reader, not the writer). Your tone denotes that you dislike me, or at the very least, you dislike my mannerism. Thus, you dislike what you do not understand.

KaFKa
Dec 6, 2004, 01:32 PM
god, i cant believe im doing this.

On 2004-12-05 22:27, Aredhel wrote:
I wasn't asking each of you about yourselves (though I'm so glad the whole gang could be here) and by this thread, I think it's obvious that the answer is 'yes'

no. the answer to your question is no. the answer to the true question here; "we hate people that write overly thought, repetitive semi-philisophical answers to emo kids rantings. yes/no." the answer to that question is yes.

simply put, we dont like you because we dont like the way you go about business, not because we could care less for flowery writing.

I was asking if people, in general, tend to do that sort of thing.

among the general american population, thats a given, dipshit.

I see that many of you have bonded over hate of me; that's good and all, but this wasn't intended to be some sort of plea for attention or pity. I could seriously care less whether most of you understand or not - the effort is despairingly lacking.

has it ever crossed your mind that maybe we just dont care about you?

i understand every word of every post youve made, and i also understand the meanings behind those sentences, mainly because they're paper-thin. you arent writing in compound meaning, even as much as you would like to think you are.

I've never made an effort for people to understand who I really am here - I see no need.

then enlighten me why you go to painstaking lengths to explain yourself at no one's inquiry.

Rather, I attempt to make people realize who they are - it's really too bad that so many dislike this concept merely because they cannot understand it.

tell me, how can you make me understand who i am when you dont know the slightest thing about me? you obviously dont get the concept that maybe, just maybe, people dont need psychotherapy over an internet forum, especially when (now, anyways) 70% of the posting population dont care for people trying to be analytical about something they know nothing of. that being other people.

I find that people tend to dislike and even grow to hate that which they don't understand or make any effort to understand.

i dont have to make an effort to understand you, and yet i do. and i still hate you. for reasons made clear above.

They are merely content with their one view of everything and tend to harass those who come with views outside of their own because these people have a societal basis for enhancement of their status in their clique.

so then, people hate you because they only care about advancing in a social clique? thats laughable. and even on a broader spectrum, past a certian age and maturity, social cliques are done and over with. to be frank, i can care less what anyone thinks of me, and yet i seem to be every bit as popular within my own 'clique' as some socialite in their little ring of decievers. (and i use the term in pertaining to me loosely.) according to your thought-out equation, i should be a forgotten entity. hrmm...

As it would be, people whom I don't even know come out of nowhere to tell me how much of a moron I am for taking many sides to an argument - don't you realize how much of a limitation it is to see with only your own eyes?

then tell me then, have you looked at the world through everyone's eyes? or just your own thinking youve seen it all?

and also, when people start a debate, they expect a debate, not their oponent to dance from topic to topic in an attempt to give off the air of understanding.

Instead of offering something new to the discussion, these people tend to dwell on the unimportant aspects of their own self-loathing puppeted towards the goal of bringing down the person proposing an argument rather than the argument, itself.

so then, people hate themselves, yet use their own self-hatred as fuel to personally attack someone that they largely dont care about, only because they dont know how to argue?

thats laughable. especially coming from one such as you who cant stand beind a side of an argument without completely destroying any semblance of order.

It's really too bad some are stuck in this cycle.

indeed ironic.

Yet, we do it anyways. We fear and we shall all live and die to fear another day. To what end? Ease of pattern - the ultimate end. The submission to a single ideal or limitation because it's not hard to maintain.

likening a debate to the cycle of life and death makes a) no sense, and b) is completely ignoring the point of it.

also, trying to add in a further insinuation in an attempt to sound sagely is annoying at best, and idiotic at worst.

Thoughts? Or do we not like addressing these things in a civilized manner?

see above

I hold nothing personal to anyone here; if you see this as a personal attack I would suggest that you look within yourself and find the grain of truth that is stuck in your throat causing you to cough up forum bile.

i hold nothing personal twoards you, save that i think your an intelligent idiot, if you inderstand the oxymoron.

of course your post is to noone in general, you never named a name, and didnt respond to any single post. also, using metaphors can only get you so far in life. they usually have to be backed up by a point, wich is severely lacking in a great number of your own posts.

navci
Dec 6, 2004, 02:14 PM
*reads the entire thread again*

*hearty laughter*

Aredhel
Dec 6, 2004, 02:19 PM
And where did that get you? I see as much hypocrisy as you do here; the only thing is, I'm not being serious.

And before you typify my responses into some sort of assumption based on word choice alone, consider the fact that this is just how I write. I don't try especially hard at this, it just comes to me. So regardless of the length of a response, it's not an essay by any means.

You can re-state truisms all you want to Kafka, it still won't change anything, and only serves to exemplify who's really being psychoanalytical here.

Aredhel
Dec 6, 2004, 02:20 PM
On 2004-12-06 11:14, navinator wrote:
*reads the entire thread again*

*hearty laughter*

=)

Scrub
Dec 6, 2004, 03:07 PM
I wanna be Aredhel someday, getting under so many people's skin with the greatest of ease.=D I could use THAT skill!

navci
Dec 6, 2004, 03:17 PM
On 2004-12-06 12:07, GreyPhantasm wrote:
I wanna be Aredhel someday, getting under so many people's skin with the greatest of ease.=D I could use THAT skill!

Oooh trust me. You already prosess that skill.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Scrub
Dec 6, 2004, 03:21 PM
No shit?=O

Sayara
Dec 6, 2004, 03:58 PM
On 2004-12-06 07:45, Aredhel wrote:
So what we've established, Rico, is that there is a failure in communication. You have said that I write in a manner by which you cannot understand and you went on to reinforce Tingle's point that there is a failure in comprehension as well (a fault of the reader, not the writer).

It is very well the fault of the reader for not being able to understand what the writer has stated but you need to consider where you are preaching at. This is a forum with alot of teeangers and kids. As well as adults who enjoy playing the game, or use to enjoy playing the game. Its about probably a good 2% who would be able to take the time to go and anaylize your logic. How can i make that sound simpler... well

Its like a caucasian trying to speak (or try to) french in France. He means well and he does get the point accross but his manner of doing so is confusing, error sounded and so on.

Your tone denotes that you dislike me, or at the very least, you dislike my mannerism. Thus, you dislike what you do not understand.
That little bit gets me most, it is not my business but thats a huge assumption. It doesnt work like If A = B and B = C, A = C. He could just dislike your mannerism in that you talk to much or you just babble... not precisely he doesnt understand.

KodiaX987
Dec 6, 2004, 04:21 PM
Let's just cut short to the verdict, shall we?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/Shurikane/1098227230696.jpg

Thank you, thank you.

Mixfortune
Dec 6, 2004, 04:24 PM
On 2004-12-06 11:19, Aredhel wrote:
And where did that get you? I see as much hypocrisy as you do here; the only thing is, I'm not being serious.

So, clear this up a bit. Is it that the whole time was all fun and games, etc., or that there really was little truth to it at all? Either way, acknowledging that both sides could see as much hypocrisy does little for your case.

And before you typify my responses into some sort of assumption based on word choice alone, consider the fact that this is just how I write. I don't try especially hard at this, it just comes to me. So regardless of the length of a response, it's not an essay by any means.

Did you tone down the wording for this post on purpose, then?

You can re-state truisms all you want to Kafka, it still won't change anything, and only serves to exemplify who's really being psychoanalytical here.

He's not the only one re-stating truisms. At least there's no padding on it. Indeed, it really does show who's being psychoanalytical, although not in the manner you perhaps expect.

KaFKa
Dec 6, 2004, 04:30 PM
On 2004-12-06 11:19, Aredhel wrote:

the thing is, if you arent being serious when regarding serious things, then what was the point in posting.

consider the fact that simple, to the point, and brash is how I write, and we might have an understanding.

You can re-state truisms all you want to Kafka, it still won't change anything,

and no matter how intelligent you think you are, it wont change the fact that you are ignorant to simplicity.

and only serves to exemplify who's really being psychoanalytical here.

...you?

TheOneHero
Dec 6, 2004, 04:45 PM
*reads thread and joins in laughing with Navi*

Aredhel:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/stfu.jpg

geewj
Dec 6, 2004, 06:32 PM
My dad is smarter than your dad.

That about sums it all up.

Now we don't need to waste 5 pages analyzing posts that don't makse any sense with even less sense making.

Oh and flaming, can't forget that.

Hmm, if you want to flame people from PSOW in the locker room, or with secret notes in science class, or in the shower, then go ahead. But don't do it on the forums.

If Hitler signs up at PSOW, hate him all you want, but don't flame in on the forum. He'll get his comeuppance elsewhere.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2004-12-06 15:36 ]</font>