PDA

View Full Version : "Gay" is funny?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 9, 2004, 02:36 AM
Crap conversations at work with my new co-workers always boil down/lead to this type of dialogue:

"Hey, man! You gay?!"

"No." Thinks in head: "Stop bothering me. Get back to work."

"Haha. You like men? I like men, haha!"

Well, these guys have a very limited amount of English that they can either understand or repeat back. I have to dumb things down and try to learn some Spanish along the way to meet in the middle.

Very fuggin' annoying that this is all they try to talk about with me all day long as soon as the workload dies down and there is downtime.

These co-workers use this downtime to talk about this crap and stare at all the rich little girls who come in and order food. I continue to work and don't just stand around and stare at people, there's a buncha shit I need to do before the day is over so stop bothering me damn it!

One of the co-workers had his wife and kid come in to see him. Hah! I tell him he's wrong to be staring at all the "chicas/mama-sitas" who are way too young for him since he has a family. He tells me to shut up. Yay! He got owned! I felt a little better.

And yeah because I don't stare at all the girls and talk about them with you, it makes me really gay.
You don't understand half the things I say anyway. I'm really tired when I do the majority of the workload singlehandedly and don't have time to stand around and stare like a womanizing bastard. It's probably all he's got though so I should just play along, as I do sometimes.

I'm there 5 days a week, and have worked for over a year at this slave job. I just don't give a crap about staring at the girls anymore, okay guy? They come and go. Big deal. Its one of the perks of the job in your eyes but its not to me.

"Gay" humor ain't that funny. Grow up already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2004-12-08 23:38 ]</font>

Aredhel
Dec 9, 2004, 03:04 AM
Since we're on the topic, why is it that the opposite of 'gay' is 'straight'? Almost as though gay people are totally unnatural or 'curved'? Foundations in our language come from different times, yes, but it's odd how that term is gaining more reinforcement rather than seceding to the realms of esotericism.

Anyways, yeah - apparently the ogling of women is just a tacit form of male bonding. When you reject that proclivity, it alerts some people that their prejudice has been rejected (as opposed to accepted, naturally) thus, they have a feeling that you might not be 'straight' (I know I used the term I spoke of). Since homosexuality is a lifestyle possessed by the minority, people are alerted of your difference (in pertaining to them). They cannot understand that, and they inquire due to dislike, fear, or just curiosity - all people are different despite the typecasting of individuals.

navci
Dec 9, 2004, 03:08 AM
That's so gay. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I guess I AM lucky that I don't have to work with people like that. Well. I am not a guy so I technically shouldn't be staring at chicks anyway.

Er. Point.
Sorry about your jerky co-workers. Just jinx them all with mental energy.

Or something.

Deathscythealpha
Dec 9, 2004, 04:43 AM
On 2004-12-09 00:08, navinator wrote:
That's so gay.

I hate it when people use that insult. Had some kids in work the other day telling us that some game was gay. What the hell makes game gay? Its just a pointless insult that makes the user look moronic.

And the whole 'Straight' thing. Im taking a stab at this, but im guessing that it comes to a straight line being perfect. Theres no kinks in it, no dents or bends. Its perfect. Now going back a couple of decades, being homosexual was wrong and made you seem imperfect (love the views of yester year, they're so wrong), so you couldnt be straight which is perfect. I can sort of back this up by the way 'bender' can be used as a gay slur, suggesting that a bend in a line makes an imperfection. Sounds a lil stupid, but its how the world works I guess.

polishedweasel
Dec 9, 2004, 10:07 AM
Take the fryer grease, and "accidently" dump it on his uniform. He'll cease to fuck with you any longer. It works!

Outrider
Dec 9, 2004, 01:29 PM
On 2004-12-09 07:07, polishedweasel wrote:
Take the fryer grease, and "accidently" dump it on his uniform. He'll cease to fuck with you any longer. It works!

Couldn't that kill him?

Eihwaz
Dec 9, 2004, 06:53 PM
They sound like fucktards. Learn kung-fu and break their limbs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Deathscythealpha's explanation makes a lot of sense, so I agree with him. I've never really thought about the term "straight" and stuff much, though, so. >_>;

pixelate
Dec 10, 2004, 02:43 AM
So people who speak Spanish are lazy horndog pedophiles with limited intelligence?

KaFKa
Dec 10, 2004, 07:04 AM
On 2004-12-09 23:43, pixelate wrote:
So people who speak Spanish are lazy horndog pedophiles with limited intelligence?

not all of them, just the ones that are his coworkers. get your facts straight. calling racism on something that is proven for a group of people is just trying to make a moot point. hush now, for you havent a clue.

Sagasu
Dec 10, 2004, 07:18 AM
On 2004-12-10 04:04, KaFKa wrote:

not all of them, just the ones that are his coworkers. get your facts straight. calling racism on something that is proven for a group of people is just trying to make a moot point. hush now, for you havent a clue.

I was going to say something like that,

then I realized it would be pointless.

navci
Dec 10, 2004, 10:50 AM
You people need to stop taking pix seriously.

Of course I understand that he isn't making it any easier.

Regardless.

Scejntjynahl
Dec 10, 2004, 11:50 AM
On 2004-12-10 07:50, navinator wrote:
You people need to stop taking pix seriously.

Of course I understand that he isn't making it any easier.

Regardless.

And the peace maker has spoken >=D

Unfortunately those coworkers coincidence that they are "hispanic, latino" whatever isnt the case, its the male chauvanistic attitude that they posses (which can be found in any ethnicity) that is a problem.

Next time one of their daughters come in, say "wow that is prime ass right there" and youll see how they change their idiotic tune.

Bunch of neanderthal idiots >=[

pixelate
Dec 10, 2004, 02:26 PM

calling racism on something that is proven for a group of people is just trying to make a moot point.

Of course it's debatable and open for discussion. That's the whole point of making a post. Learn some communication skills.

So HAYABUSA-FMW-'s post proves that the group he works with is full of lazy horndog pedophiles with limited intelligence? One side of a story doesn't prove shit.

PJ
Dec 10, 2004, 04:16 PM
On 2004-12-09 15:53, Eihwaz wrote:
They sound like fucktards. Learn kung-fu and break their limbs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

That's your solution to EVERYTHING n.n

Anyways, it's disturbing how homophobic the world is. (I don't know if it's just me, but I think that's where the root of the, "Gay jokes," come from T_T)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 11, 2004, 04:36 PM
On 2004-12-10 11:26, pixelate wrote:

calling racism on something that is proven for a group of people is just trying to make a moot point.

Of course it's debatable and open for discussion. That's the whole point of making a post. Learn some communication skills.

So HAYABUSA-FMW-'s post proves that the group he works with is full of lazy horndog pedophiles with limited intelligence? One side of a story doesn't prove shit.

Exactly pixelate.
You took a tone or part of my post and ran with it.

I didn't intend for anyone to point out that part of my post since it has a negative vibe. Most people wouldn't bother to discuss such "racism" overtones.

It is only the side of my co-workers they choose to show me. If I omitted any type of background characterization of the co-workers, then there would not be that topic to talk about. As I said, I cannot speak Spanish fluently. They definitely talk about anything and everything else among themselves. I'm just completely unaware of what exactly they are saying.

I took a conversation I'm sick of and wanted to rant about it. I was more frustrated and tired of general stuff happening, not merely a group of people-at work or otherwise. One thing just made me snap to the point of writing the topic starting post.

joluh
Dec 14, 2004, 12:30 AM
Oh god... it's WORSE here in Mexico =|
Don't complain much, here we have them in the market, in school, in the bus, in the street, in the mall, EVERY SINGLE PLACE, however in my world there aren't many people like that, I don't wanna sound racist or whatever, but most of "poor and middle class" hispanic people tend to be like that.

So as I said, I've had to deal with a few of them, not that I ever actually give any attention to people who try to insult me, I don't get offended.

Why not just ignoring him?
Don't reply even a single hello or whatever, they get tired soon.