PDA

View Full Version : A scary lobby FSOD...

MT7218
Dec 10, 2004, 02:44 AM
Alright, a few days ago, before I realized how much of a AR using hellhole Altiar 4 became, I was wandering around the lobby. Soon, an FSOD occured, suprize suprize. Lobby FSODs normally only erase the meseta you are currently carrying, but not this one... this FSOD had the same effect as a in-game FSOD. All my non-equipped items were gone (thankfully, those were just my mates, fluids, atomizers, and antiparlysises, as the only wep I had on me at that time was my Red Sword, equipped, obviously) along with my meseta... I don't know if this is new news to anyone, but for those still brave and/or stupid enough to go to Altiar 4, make sure your valueable rares are safe at all times, lobby or game...

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Dec 10, 2004, 03:30 AM
Lobby FSOD only takes your Meseta if you haven't entered a game yet. Any other times after that, be it in game or after leaving a game have the same effects as an in-game FSOD

Tycho
Dec 10, 2004, 05:11 AM
You should never have valuable unequipped stuff on you. *dissapprove* ._.

PatserGOUKI
Dec 10, 2004, 06:01 AM
On 2004-12-10 02:11, Tycho wrote:
You should never have valuable unequipped stuff on you. *dissapprove* ._.

Your message: *Dissaprove*

If YOU wouldn't think straight lined, you wouldn't have said such things...
(I'm not saying the writer of this article is saying nonsense, but ...)

NOT everyone who plays PSO even knows FSOD nor lobby weird FSOD or other stupid hacking stuff. Not everyone...

Think about it, before stating such stupid 'bijdehand' (you know what i mean!) answer.

PatserGOUKI

ShadowChao
Dec 10, 2004, 09:04 AM
Not to take sides or anything, but... if you read even a quarter of the posts here, you get the message that when online, leave valuables in the bank. Or at the very least, leave anything unequipped in the bank. Seriously, read more and you'll see that it's a general concensus to leave unequipped items in the bank.

Hrith
Dec 10, 2004, 09:10 AM
Indeed, even without FSOD, there could be a powercut >_>

Dhylec
Dec 10, 2004, 03:00 PM
Kef wrote:
Indeed, even without FSOD, there could be a powercut >_>

or simply hardware error that result with a similar effect >.<

MT7218
Dec 10, 2004, 04:56 PM
Uhh, you realize that I already DO keep most of my valueable rares in the bank already, right? I just didn't know that lobby FSOD only took meseta if you haven't entered into a game yet. I don't like to carry only one weapon when playing online because, well, it kinda sucks when your limited to a single weapon in gameplay most of the time. I have some FSOD backups of some of my rares, but not all of them.

rena-ko
Dec 10, 2004, 07:49 PM
pfth... backup duping...

and anyway:
use shop rares - charge mechs w/ 50 hit > everything else

Fossil
Dec 11, 2004, 02:26 AM
Speaking of scary, I guess a real corruption code is out too, unless they just happened to get some really bad data... but anyways, RankoChan, Menthos and maverick, if any of you know them, corrupted earlier today due to some ass that joined their game when someone else that was joining them got beat to it. A shame. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Dec 11, 2004, 06:48 PM
I'm gonna borrow your post for another topic Fossil.

darkholemind
Dec 12, 2004, 04:04 PM
Powercuts usually cause data to corrupt right. I remember when my brother tripped over the power cord and......whoopsie..there goes hard raised characters. Anyway, are there any new AR codes that will completely destroy my data. I read up that there was one, or maybe just bad data. I've been offline since August when I got grounded. WHEN I get back online I want to be aware of any new hacks that might threaten me and which lobbies are still legit? Deneb 9 was last time I was on.

WhitChocolate
Dec 12, 2004, 09:38 PM
Wait. Im new here, so forgive me. I have the xbox version of this, and was given a lvl 200 mag. I think it's hacked, but I can't be sure. Do FSOD's happen if you have a hacked mag?

Selatein
Dec 14, 2004, 07:13 PM
If you're ever afraid of lobby FSODs, just don't go to the lower number lobbies. I normally hang around Lobby 14, in the soccer field, if I get bored, I just kick around a soccer ball. I even get a gome of Soccer if I'm real bored and someone with my guild card data comes along.

Also, level 200 mags are typically not hacked. The only way that it would be is if the DEF stat is under 5 (or possibly 6, not sure if it's possible to keep it that low). However, that doesn't mean that it hasn't been duplicated.

WhitChocolate
Dec 14, 2004, 07:43 PM
Oh ok. I feel better now.

Split
Dec 23, 2004, 04:40 PM
On 2004-12-10 13:56, MT7218 wrote:
Uhh, you realize that I already DO keep most of my valueable rares in the bank already, right? I just didn't know that lobby FSOD only took meseta if you haven't entered into a game yet. I don't like to carry only one weapon when playing online because, well, it kinda sucks when your limited to a single weapon in gameplay most of the time. I have some FSOD backups of some of my rares, but not all of them.

...its almost sad that one would have to take such measures. What has online gaming come to, where people are fleeing from hackers and those who try to ruin other people's fun to boost their own...