PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to God and Castelak?

Ness
Jul 8, 2002, 04:32 PM
In the beginning of PSO World their were two....

God and Castelak. Together they group together the random and lost Java pixels and constructed a modest site amoung the corrupt wabservers and ruined bandwidth. Now this is one of the most visited PSO website, but whatever happened to God and Castelak, the creators? Does Watashiwa know something?

watashiwa
Jul 8, 2002, 04:35 PM
On 2002-07-08 14:32, Ness wrote:
but whatever happened to God and Castelak, the creators? Does Watashiwa know something?

Dude, what? How long have you been at PSOW? God's been here since the beginning, but Castelak is far from a creator. I have been on staff for alot longer than he has. But if you really want to know, "God" or gideon is off doing military stuff while Castelak is too busy being a Korean RO Beta 2 whore to visit this site.

Xerin
Jul 8, 2002, 04:37 PM
Don't make fun of my whores wata ;_;

Rhete
Jul 8, 2002, 04:46 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10287&forum=11

The ancient story of the psow mods

X-thirteen
Jul 8, 2002, 04:55 PM
haha, this is funny

Ness
Jul 8, 2002, 04:55 PM
On 2002-07-08 14:35, watashiwa wrote:

On 2002-07-08 14:32, Ness wrote:
but whatever happened to God and Castelak, the creators? Does Watashiwa know something?

Dude, what? How long have you been at PSOW? God's been here since the beginning, but Castelak is far from a creator. I have been on staff for alot longer than he has. But if you really want to know, "God" or gideon is off doing military stuff while Castelak is too busy being a Korean RO Beta 2 whore to visit this site.

I'm sorry Watashiwa. I had a theory about Gideon. Since there is a guy named Gideon who runs Smash Bros. Melee world, I thought that those two Gideons were the same person.
........or maybe they are.
" And that as they say, is that."
-Maechen

watashiwa
Jul 8, 2002, 04:57 PM
On 2002-07-08 14:55, Ness wrote:
I'm sorry Watashiwa. I had a theory about Gideon.

You left out Ambrai and Tomeeboy too. =(

Ness
Jul 8, 2002, 05:23 PM
I didn't know about Ambrai and Tomeeboy.

Ambrai
Jul 8, 2002, 07:46 PM
Ok, Wata is harrassing me to come back and post a accurate history of the boards.

Origionally Gideon created the site from scratch. The site grew quickly and he asked Tomeeboy to host the site for him on one of his servers. An admin account was created that both of them shared called 'God'. Tomeeboy didn't want much to do with the site tho since it wasn't his creation (not his problem iow).

Soon Gideon became overwelmed with the popularity of the site and couldn't keep up with the admin of the boards. At this time Gideon held a vote for who should be a moderator for the boards to help him out. I was voted in. Back then the board used an older version of php and could only have one mod/admin at a time. I ended up being the mod/admin for this board for 3 months solo.

Time went by and Gideon finally upgraded the boards so it could handle multiple moderators. Cast, Mercury, and one other were brought in at this time. I was starting to get burnout due to my belief of keeping the board super clean was heavy work. The new moderators at the time did little to nothing to assist.

After a dispute between myself and Gideon over enforcing our 'no-cheating' standpoint, and burnout, I left PSO-World.

Wata was my replacement, but I belive he came in acouple of months after I left. By that time the board had degraded to trash and the mods had their hands full restoring it.

I belive at this time Gideon and the mods worked together to restore the board and make it better. Much of this was headed up by Wata since Gideon always has a busy schedule(cough).

Shortly after this Wata was getting fustrated with Gideon's lack of effort on his own site and posted some rants to his personal friends, on his site, to vent his fustrations. One of his so-called friends linked Gideon to this rant and he banned Wata in retaliation.

Wata left to start his temporary site RO-World. And the details on the site after that are fuzzy to me (I only check in occasionally or when wata makes me 8P).

The rest most of you should know http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

I am still an Admin of this site, altho I don't hold any responsibility. If there is a critical thread that needs looking into by a mod/admin and you can't find anyone, just link me in an email at [email protected]

Dangerous55
Jul 8, 2002, 09:18 PM
Meh, Casty always came off a little snooty if you ask me.

watashiwa
Jul 8, 2002, 09:28 PM
On 2002-07-08 17:46, Ambrai wrote:
and he banned Wata in retaliation.

I never got banned, just got my admin. access removed. I took my own leave. =P

BTW, that's right, you'd better post. Mwahahaha... !! Just kidding. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Cube
Jul 8, 2002, 11:01 PM
Castelak? A creator? LOL...

God, I wonder how many people are left here that actually know who Tomeboy, Ragnarok, or even Ambrai is..

*btw* Ambrai i still love you for giving me that *second chance* so long ago... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blue-Hawk
Jul 8, 2002, 11:18 PM
heh i remember the time when both castelak AND iceblink were still posters. werent they both admitted in as mods at the same time?

watashiwa
Jul 8, 2002, 11:19 PM
On 2002-07-08 21:18, blue-hawk wrote:
werent they both admitted in as mods at the same time?

Yessir, I promoted them.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 8, 2002, 11:27 PM
thought they were. and wata, i remember that you did too. heh maybe its not true that drugs kill brain cells. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

well.. legal ones dont that is

Greg
Jul 8, 2002, 11:37 PM
This thread has turned into an I am more old school then you thread. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

jazzyfox
Jul 8, 2002, 11:54 PM
I was posting on PSOW with two tin cans and a piece of string!

watashiwa
Jul 8, 2002, 11:58 PM
On 2002-07-08 21:37, Greg wrote:
This thread has turned into an I am more old school then you thread. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shut up, n00b!

Greg
Jul 9, 2002, 12:09 AM
On 2002-07-08 21:58, watashiwa wrote:

On 2002-07-08 21:37, Greg wrote:

Shut up, n00b!

I invented the internet SUCKER!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greg on 2002-07-08 22:10 ]</font>

Ambrai
Jul 9, 2002, 12:10 AM
Well I beat the internet.... the end guy was hard.

pixelate
Jul 9, 2002, 12:11 AM
SPAM SO THE MODS HAVE SOMETHING TO DO!

ABDUR101
Jul 9, 2002, 12:16 AM
On 2002-07-08 22:11, pixelate wrote:
SPAM SO THE MODS HAVE SOMETHING TO DO!

huh?

oh..yeah..even I don't spam like this. This is sad, you should all give up being mods and give me the godly powers.

*jumps around on thin ice just for the hell of it*

*EDIT*
Third times a charm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-07-08 22:18 ]</font>

watashiwa
Jul 9, 2002, 12:51 AM
I wanted to take and show this picture before I went to sleep. =P

I am a true PSO SLUT!!

http://www.watashiwa.org/psoslut2.jpg

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 9, 2002, 12:58 AM
Castelak's on ICQ, getting FDA'd by me =3.

Ian D
Jul 9, 2002, 01:07 AM
On 2002-07-08 22:51, watashiwa wrote:
I wanted to take and show this picture before I went to sleep. =P

I am a true PSO SLUT!!

http://www.watashiwa.org/psoslut2.jpg

SLUT! With your shiny coffee table!

Ness
Jul 9, 2002, 10:27 AM
I'm quite amazed that this topic I created got so much attention. It even brought back people from the dead like Jazzyfox and Ambrai. I was around when PSO World took it's major decline. I started to lose faith in the website. But I forced myself to check it everyday and finally it paid off.

GhoStar
Jul 9, 2002, 10:54 AM
Do Castelak, IceBlink or Gideon actually plan to come back here when the new PSO games are released?

I even remember Castelak posting some news here not that long ago, but he seems to have vanished from the forum and lost his mod status.

I know some people just got 'over' their PSO fad, but it's noticable that some old faces have re-surfaced.

pixelate
Jul 9, 2002, 11:27 AM
On 2002-07-09 08:27, Ness wrote:
I'm quite amazed that this topic I created got so much attention. It even brought back people from the dead like Jazzyfox and Ambrai.

People love to talk about themselves. It's inherent.

watashiwa
Jul 9, 2002, 11:29 AM
I'm quite amazed that this topic I created got so much attention. It even brought back people from the dead like Jazzyfox and Ambrai.

Wrong, jazzyfox has always checked off and on as well as posted. Anyways, I IM'd Ambrai on AIM and asked him to check this topic, hehe.

Dangerous55
Jul 9, 2002, 11:52 AM
I just sneezed, 3 times.

Greg
Jul 9, 2002, 12:49 PM
I'm quite amazed that this topic I created got so much attention. It even brought back people from the dead like Jazzyfox and Ambrai. I was around when PSO World took it's major decline. I started to lose faith in the website. But I forced myself to check it everyday and finally it paid off.

Yeah 2 at 2 pages it's the largest thread on PSOW Ever!

Saladwood
Jul 9, 2002, 01:05 PM
On 2002-07-09 10:49, Greg wrote:
Yeah 2 at 2 pages it's the largest thread on PSOW Ever!

Obviously he wasn't saying it's the LARGEST thread, he's saying that he's surpised this thread alone, on it's own merits, has gotten so long. EDIT: actually, there is no reference to the size of the thread, just the attention.

Think about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOSaladWood on 2002-07-09 11:07 ]</font>

Greg
Jul 9, 2002, 01:14 PM
ok smartass.
According to the number of pageviews it's not that popular either.

Saladwood
Jul 9, 2002, 01:20 PM
Ok Nancy,

It's all about the merits of this tread on it's own, really. Come on, a thread like this getting it's attention?

No where do i see a compairson to other threads, like you keep mentioning.

Ambrai
Jul 9, 2002, 02:22 PM
Personally I don't see how discussing the 'popularity' of a thread on a messageboard is worth arguing over. /shrug guess you need something to keep ya busy.