PDA

View Full Version : GC: question about online christmas quest...

jnblz316
Dec 11, 2004, 09:57 PM
if i play on normal will i get good items or will i get like monmates and what not since it's normal difficulty? also what are the prizes you get when you complete the quest. sorry if this may be posted somewhere but im in a hurry so i just wrote this to get a quick response.
thank you

rena-ko
Dec 11, 2004, 10:05 PM
for the present you'll have to play on ultimate, solve level 3 without a mistake and restart the quest to solve level 4 as well flawlessly.

i didnt bother so far what you get for level 1-2 or on other difficulties since it only works on ult.

jnblz316
Dec 11, 2004, 11:13 PM
that sucks. i guess i wont be doing that quest then seeing as that im at level 19. oh well theres always next year.
thanks

Tycho
Dec 12, 2004, 08:39 AM
You could just try to powerlevel. :/
Just do boss-rush TTFs, especially if you have a few friends that are at about the same level. You could get there in no-time.

jnblz316
Dec 12, 2004, 09:26 AM
well the problem is im trying to reactivate my hunters license but i keep getting a "system having problems. check back again later" messege. it's been saying this for about 2 days already. so i dont know when ill be able to get back online.

Seval
Dec 12, 2004, 01:20 PM
On 2004-12-11 19:05, rena-ko wrote:
solve level 3 without a mistake and restart the quest to solve level 4 as well flawlessly.

What do you mean, restart the quest? Do you have to do the quest twice?

VioletSkye
Dec 12, 2004, 01:57 PM
On 2004-12-12 10:20, Seval wrote:

On 2004-12-11 19:05, rena-ko wrote:
solve level 3 without a mistake and restart the quest to solve level 4 as well flawlessly.

What do you mean, restart the quest? Do you have to do the quest twice?

yes. On Ult. run through the quest doing level 3's flawlessly, then redo the quest and a 4th level will be available. Do the level 4's flawlessly and you'll get a Christmas Present.

momonpso
Dec 12, 2004, 02:41 PM
jnblz316, try collecting all 9 different colors of wrapping paper and giving them to the lady in the Christmas quest near where the teleports appear. She wants donations of gifts for the children, and on XBox if you give her all 9 colors of wrapping paper at one time, she gives you a Christmas present. I have been trying to see if it works on GC as well but no one is doing the quest to get the wrapping paper, and you need to trade to get all 9 colors http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif But at least you can do it on any difficulty, normal, hard, v.hard or ult.

lain2k3
Dec 12, 2004, 05:07 PM
wrapping paper?

what?_?

digigram
Dec 12, 2004, 05:38 PM
dealing with the wrapping paper as well... you can only get one present per person per 9 colors... BUT.. if you show the wrapping paper to a guy in gallons shop, those 9 wrapping papers will become for sale, so you can make as many characters as you can and continually buy 9 wrapping papers from gallon to give those 9 to another character to get a new present..

somewhat unlimited presents if you create/delete one character.

Hrith
Dec 12, 2004, 05:55 PM
Awesome, digigram, thanks for the info !

momonpso
Dec 12, 2004, 06:19 PM
Digigram, have you been able to get that to work on GC? I have been trying to do it on GC but the man does not appear like he does on XBox. So I figured maybe you cant do that whole Gallons shop thing on GC.

lain2k3
Dec 12, 2004, 07:41 PM
What wrapping paper?

;_; **confused**

momonpso
Dec 12, 2004, 09:29 PM
At the end of the Christmas quest, the cake sisters offer to wrap a present for you for free. There are nine different colors of gift wrap but you only get one color.

lain2k3
Dec 13, 2004, 06:31 AM
Ah, thanks. now if I could get my present to quit changing from blue to white...

Coolest-Mum
Dec 13, 2004, 07:29 AM
I have heard tail that the pioneer christmas will be updated along with a new shop quest or option for the gamecube ep1&2 on the 14th December, so if you cant find the man now try tomorrow?

digigram
Dec 13, 2004, 09:40 AM
No problem Kef... all I know is that I originally heard about the thing (9 wrap trade-in) from someone that got the info from someone playing GC... I play on XBOX.

So, if it doesn't work for GC. I don't know what to say other than, i'm sorry? ..... lol.

I would just assume since the quest is exactly the same for GC/XBOX that this detail wouldn't change either.. perhaps the update being spoke of in the latter of the thread is what adds this capability to GC.

momonpso
Dec 13, 2004, 01:37 PM
lain, Wow! My wrapped gifts on GC do the same thing! They turn from blue to white as soon as I leave the quest. Thats another reason I am having trouble with the quest on GC. XBox is soooo easy. I now have 6 Christmas presents on XBox. I opened one of them and got a Panther Spirit