PDA

View Full Version : XBox: TFLO Coming Out After All?

kevlar_pso
Dec 12, 2004, 03:30 PM
This is a rumor I heard from a guy on my Xbox Live Friends List that I haven't validated yet. He said that True Fantasy Live Online will be coming out after all on Xbox. It's name will change, but still have TFLO on the cover in the corner. He said he read it on UGO. I went to the site and didn't find it. Maybe I didn't spend enought time looking. If some1 else can find out something more, please let us know.

BOC
Dec 12, 2004, 04:12 PM
i think i remember reading some speculation that it was been held back and re-fashioned for the xbox 2.

course that was only speculation. in a gamespy newsletter. i think. was like 5 months ago.

take a look about some of the more reputable game sites.

PEACE!!!

SpikeOtacon
Dec 12, 2004, 08:03 PM
I'll just dismiss this as pure speculation.

_Sinue_
Dec 12, 2004, 08:51 PM
I'll have to dismiss it as speculation too. It's a shame it ever got canned in the first place. TFLO was comming along nicely, and looked to be one of the premier MMORPG's of the generation. It was the one I was supposed to be playing while waiting on Phantasy Star Universe, instead of the crap-fest that Final Fantasy XI turned out to be.

EphekZ
Dec 12, 2004, 11:56 PM
whats TFLO? I dont console game anymore nor do i keep up with it

BOC
Dec 13, 2004, 01:52 PM
true fantasy live online.

mmorpg for the xbox that got canned. could have been great!

but it wasn't meant to be...

PEACE!!!

Reclaimer
Dec 13, 2004, 06:38 PM
Actually, according to Square-Haven, there is an MMORPG to be released from SQUARE-ENIX under the title Fantasy Earth: ~Ring of Dominion~. The platform for which it will be released has yet to be revealed, though many seem to think it will be released on the PC. Supposedly, this actually is True Fantasy Live Online, albeit in different form. Here's the link to the article:

http://www.square-haven.com/games/pc/fe/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TetsuyaHShimomura on 2004-12-13 15:43 ]</font>

_Sinue_
Dec 14, 2004, 01:47 AM
WHAT?!? Square got ahold of TFLO?? I thought the property rights to it were owned by Microsoft? Why the hell would they let Square have anything? They don't even develop for the Xbox.. unless they're planning on leaving Sony anyhow over the FFXI-HDD debacle.

Oh this is great.. I just know Square is going to fuck it up and turn it into one big advertisment for their FF games or something.

Grrrrr..... >_<

Solstis
Dec 14, 2004, 02:09 AM
On 2004-12-13 15:38, TetsuyaHShimomura wrote:
Actually, according to Square-Haven, there is an MMORPG to be released from SQUARE-ENIX under the title Fantasy Earth: ~Ring of Dominion~. The platform for which it will be released has yet to be revealed, though many seem to think it will be released on the PC. Supposedly, this actually is True Fantasy Live Online, albeit in different form. Here's the link to the article:

http://www.square-haven.com/games/pc/fe/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TetsuyaHShimomura on 2004-12-13 15:43 ]</font>

The art style looks vastly different, though a few character models seem familiar.

Skett
Dec 19, 2004, 01:49 AM
Considering Level 5 was developing TFLO for Microsoft is also developing the new Dragon Warrior game for Square Enix, it isn't unlikely that they let SE use the engine from TFLO.

However, I really doubt that it has any real connection to TFLO aside from the fact that they are both MMORPGs and they use the same game engine.

On the TFLO revival rumor, I highly doubt it. If Microsoft decides to put a new MMORPG on their system, I don't believe that they would have it be TFLO. Most companies that want to revive a cancelled game usually give it a make-over and even name change. They would probably use the same game engine though.

kazuma56
Jan 5, 2005, 08:28 PM
From IGN:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/577/577268p1.html

"In a recent interview with the popular Japanese magazine Dorimaga, the President of Level-5 software, Hakihiro Hino talked about the cancelled Xbox project, True Fantasy Live Online. He revealed quite candidly that one of the major reasons that the game was never released was because of strained relations between Microsoft and Level-5. But even more interesting, was what Hinto said next: "that production was about to be resume on True Fantasy Live Online once again."

"Which system the game would be finished for wasn't specified, but president Hino did mention in the interview that the chances of it coming to the PlayStation 2 and PC were rather strong. Level-5 has had a beneficial relationship with Sony in particular, as it has developed some of the system's most critically acclaimed RPGs in Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2. Not to mention the company's role in the upcoming Square Enix role-player, Dragon Quest VIII. Could this mean that the resumed production of True Fantasy could see a shift of its release to the PC and PS2 platforms instead? Or could it mean that the Xbox version could be up and running again before the ports are even begun?

Unfortunately, those vague comments are all we have to go on for now. But with E3 less than five months away, we expect to know the answer rather shortly. We'll keep you updated."

Guess that means it MAY be back, but coming to the PS2 and PC instead, guess that means I won't have to buy an X-Box after all just to try one MMORPG.

kevlar_pso
Jan 5, 2005, 09:31 PM
On 2005-01-05 17:28, kazuma56 wrote:
From IGN:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/577/577268p1.html

"In a recent interview with the popular Japanese magazine Dorimaga, the President of Level-5 software, Hakihiro Hino talked about the cancelled Xbox project, True Fantasy Live Online. He revealed quite candidly that one of the major reasons that the game was never released was because of strained relations between Microsoft and Level-5. But even more interesting, was what Hinto said next: "that production was about to be resume on True Fantasy Live Online once again."

"Which system the game would be finished for wasn't specified, but president Hino did mention in the interview that the chances of it coming to the PlayStation 2 and PC were rather strong. Level-5 has had a beneficial relationship with Sony in particular, as it has developed some of the system's most critically acclaimed RPGs in Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2. Not to mention the company's role in the upcoming Square Enix role-player, Dragon Quest VIII. Could this mean that the resumed production of True Fantasy could see a shift of its release to the PC and PS2 platforms instead? Or could it mean that the Xbox version could be up and running again before the ports are even begun?

Unfortunately, those vague comments are all we have to go on for now. But with E3 less than five months away, we expect to know the answer rather shortly. We'll keep you updated."

Guess that means it MAY be back, but coming to the PS2 and PC instead, guess that means I won't have to buy an X-Box after all just to try one MMORPG.

This is good news. I was sure my source was legit when I 1st started this thread. You have to wonder though. . . . Looking at FFXI on the PS2 and then to the PC, there is a huge graphical difference, plus the draw distances aren't the same either. How much of an impact this would have on the game, and whether or not more than one platform would be able to play together.

kazuma56
Jan 6, 2005, 08:50 PM
well seeing as the graphics look identical to DC2 I don't think Draw Distance will be that much of a problem since you pretty much see everything in Dark Cloud 2 without any problems (Draw Distance is quite far, no pop up, if any at all on the BG's part)