PDA

View Full Version : Info on Final Fantasy XI

CodeName62
Jul 8, 2002, 07:03 PM
I think I might actually be able to get to play Final Fantasy XI. Three months ago, when I first herd about the game, I would of said no, because it was too costly. You would have to buy the game, the network adapter, the PS2 hard drive, and pay for the monthly paying fees. However now it's not as costly at it seemed a couple of months ago.

To get started on Final Fantasy XI, you only need $90. Of course this is assuming that you already own a PS2. You need $50 for the game and the other $40 is for the network adapter. You don't need the PS2 hard drive! This saves us $120.

Now that we are all started to play FFXI, lets talk about the playing fees. Your first month is free. After your first month, it is $10 a month. For every extra character its $.85 and to play the triple triad card game it's a $1.50. These are optional of course. I don't know anything about the triple triad card game.

Final Fantasy XI can be playd online with a dial up ISP. So you don't need broadband to play it. I know that there are certain games that are only playable online if you have broadband. An example of this is SOCOM.

The network adapter for the PS2 will be released on August 27th. The network adapter includes a 10/100 Ethernat port for DSL and cable modem connection. Also it has a v.90 56k modem for dial up access. Along with the adapter there are free online-enabled demos of Madden NFL 2003, Frequency, Tribes: Aerial Assault, and TimeSpliters2. You also get a mail-in coupon redeemable for a copy of Twisted Metal: Black Online.

OMAR
Jul 8, 2002, 07:08 PM
who said you dont need a HD? most of the sites i know and magazines that i read say that u do need a HD....but the only thing i dnt like is that 10 a month is a lot! i mean maybe 10 every 2 or 3 months but jeses a month? but if your right about the HD then maybe i will get it to:)

Greg
Jul 8, 2002, 07:30 PM
FFXI needs the HD unit if you have Dial-up.

cruizer
Jul 9, 2002, 07:06 PM
thanks for the info I wasn't going to buy FFXI because I thought it would be more pricey than that.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rylios
Jul 9, 2002, 07:17 PM
Actually its not bad price....I'll Be gettin it as well as pso Muahahahah see you all there

Ambrai
Jul 9, 2002, 07:54 PM
FFXI requires the HD period for updates and patches. If you have a half way decent PC just get it on PC and only pay 50 bucks. It will be released in the states at the same time as the game for PS2.

Also note the release of FFXI in Japan has been a total failure similar to Anarchy Online.

CodeName62
Jul 9, 2002, 11:35 PM
On 2002-07-08 17:30, Greg wrote:
FFXI needs the HD unit if you have Dial-up.

LOL Ohh well, it looks like I won't get Final Fantasy XI after all.

OwenHimura
Jul 9, 2002, 11:58 PM
i b there of course the game is hot and not pricy if ur cousin works in a video game store hehehehhehehe

CodeName62
Jul 10, 2002, 12:03 AM
On 2002-07-09 21:58, OwenHimura wrote:
i b there of course the game is hot and not pricy if ur cousin works in a video game store hehehehhehehe

Nice connection.

Nerd
Jul 10, 2002, 12:05 AM
Well you gotta give the series credit for getting to 11 before it flopped... graphics look nice but im spoiled from pso gameplay..hack and slash over list-commands anyday for me, still if its got some depth i might look into it, wouldnt be the first time i spent an extravagant(sp) amount of money to play an online game *glares at pso and bba*

OwenHimura
Jul 10, 2002, 12:08 AM
the game is great im in another forums about it if you wanna check any news on it go to

http://www.summitisland.com/ff11/forum/index.php?s=

just helping you all if u wanna know more about it

CodeName62
Jul 10, 2002, 01:51 AM
I don't know how Final Fantasy XI is doing now, but I remember it was doing pretty good went it was released a couple of months ago in Japan. In fact, right on release date the servers crashed, due to massive players trying to connect. Apprently, Play Online wasn't expecting Final Fantasy XI to be a big hit. On top of the servers crashing right on release date, some of the cd-keys weren't working.