PDA

View Full Version : Heaven Punisher against Epsilon

Mixfortune
Dec 13, 2004, 07:52 PM
Not sure if there's been any discussion on this (forum search not cooperating currently), but I was watching my brother play one of the Tower quests on Ultimate offline (PSO+) and he had never fought Epsilon before, so brought me over. Told him he had to wait for the Espigards to open, explained the colors, etc. First color to come up was Purple, megid. Told him to keep his distance and try to shoot through the openings.

At this point he pulled out his Heaven Punisher and just shot at it, hitting all the Espigards and the center piece. Of course the Espigards took no damage, but using the Punisher stopped them from distracting his character's aim. It also seemed to do a fair amount of damage.

I was wondering if the Punisher was just as "useful" for the online Epsilons. Of course the damage wasn't much per shot, but it was enough for him to combo the whole time it was vulnerable and destroy it. It seemed to me that Punisher would have its uses in PW4 when facing multiple Epsilons (especially the part with 3 at once, as shooting through the openings would be fairly difficult with the overlapping Espigards of various elements.

The topic isn't really a means of justifying the rarity of the Punisher. I'll admit it has few uses in Ultimate, and is most likely not worth it's rarity, but I'm wondering if this could perhaps be another possible use for it, or if it just fails outright (under 50 damage per shot) online.

Seval
Dec 13, 2004, 08:38 PM
How do you get to control tower offline? Or can you just do it in pso+?

Ketchup345
Dec 13, 2004, 08:43 PM
On 2004-12-13 17:38, Seval wrote:
How do you get to control tower offline? Or can you just do it in pso+?

The post says PSO+.

The Tower Quests are 2 out of the 4 quests that PSO+ allows offline.

Hrith
Dec 14, 2004, 06:42 AM
A shot is also good to hit Epsilon without being in close range, but it's still a pain in that room with 3 Epsilons >_>

And yes, Epsilon is weak to light and lightning, I doubt HP only would kill it in one go, though.

Mixfortune
Dec 14, 2004, 10:37 PM
On 2004-12-14 03:42, Kef wrote:
A shot is also good to hit Epsilon without being in close range, but it's still a pain in that room with 3 Epsilons >_>

And yes, Epsilon is weak to light and lightning, I doubt HP only would kill it in one go, though.

Due to HP and resistance differences between online and offline, right? Still, could help when in a team of 3 others to take them out more quickly... unless one of the zonde techs does a better job, that is.

Hrith
Dec 15, 2004, 06:56 AM
Yes, I was refering to online, sicne you said your bro killed it in one go offline.

I do not think Gizonde works better, my FOnewearl's damage with it was ludicrous and I stopped to avoid DMC, sure I did not have my Magical Piece, but I hope HP does a better job, still.