PDA

View Full Version : Blue bodied Rati?

digigram
Dec 14, 2004, 02:48 PM
hey um.... ian or ketchup... could you come over here for a second..

I just read in the dropslash's rati guide that it is possible to make a blue bodied RATI... have either of you made/seen one before?

If so, do you know how this is done or is it chance?

thanks.. I would love to see a blue bodied rati... and make a bunch.

thanks

Ketchup345
Dec 14, 2004, 02:54 PM
Nope. I've never made/seen one either, and pretty sure Ian's never seen one either.

I think we decided it was probably just the lighting that it was seen in.

Nai_Calus
Dec 14, 2004, 03:06 PM
Lighting, or an un-spread hack, probably. Rati made legitly(And as far as I know, all item modded Rati as well, though I don't do item modding...) all have the red and black body.

Maybe someone who knows more about screwing with PSO could tell us if it's possible to change the main body colour on a mag or something?

I just dunno.

Dhylec
Dec 14, 2004, 03:32 PM
you mean the http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1248 guide?
the author did talk about rati & color, the photon light from its wings, but not the body..

digigram
Dec 14, 2004, 03:34 PM
Here you can see a picture of the very first Rati i ever raised. He was raised from True (bright) Yellow mag. Rati does color change. His wings will be the color of the original baby mag you started with. I have not yet found a way to change his main body color, but it is possible. To date i've seen only one though, with a Blue main body.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-12-14 12:34 ]</font>

Dhylec
Dec 14, 2004, 09:39 PM
interesting indeed.. but i believe he might have worded his idea incorrectly
ketchup, ratiman ian are familar with mags, but neither of them has seen such unique color rati
time like this, i wish dropslash is here to discuss =]

digigram
Dec 15, 2004, 10:37 AM
that would be one hot rati.

Currently, for my own use with the, lets see...... umm.. I believe 14 characters I have... I have a total, collectively on all characters, around 47-48 mags.

Only 2 of which are rati. I know Ian will disagree, but I like diversity among my mags, so 2 is a good number for me. (the disagreement being, "you can never have too many rati").

well.. If anyone knows anything about this mystery, feel free to inform us on whether or not this is a mistake.

thanks

VioletSkye
Dec 15, 2004, 12:14 PM
you can't change the body color through typical item modding.

PhotonDrop
Dec 15, 2004, 07:00 PM
now we just need to find if its possible at all.

my guess is that someone probably glitched his on accident, changing the body, like how Rukmin feet can turn the color of their eye and spike thing.

that or it was the lighting, like Ian said

VioletSkye
Dec 15, 2004, 08:10 PM
I'm sure it is possible, however it would be client side only so if you took it online, everyone else would still see a red-bodied Rati.

Whether or not it would stay blue after you turned the game off and back on, I really couldn't say. The reason I mention that is because the only way I can see it being done is to edit the file that is responsible for the body color and then either streaming the game to load PSO or uploading the file to GC RAM before starting the game (both of which will not last after you turn the game off.)

I'm sure someone from DH could explain it better or offer another take on how it may be done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-12-15 17:22 ]</font>

Hrith
Dec 16, 2004, 01:25 PM
It was possible (and rather easy) to change texture of weapons and mags in v2 (Dreamcast), so this might be possible, but for the matter at hand, I say it's just a mistake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2004-12-16 10:34 ]</font>