PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: WTF Perspective!!!

Sayara
Dec 16, 2004, 12:12 AM
Click Dern it. (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12920605/)

My best example in perspective. Little bg for you...

"The Immoral team after pummeling the Lovers Team's final teammate Hyotaru. With a special guest (lookit the previous deviations) coming to visit. [Sub boss prehaps?] But she really died to see Nokame again and wont let anyone get in her way."

shadey lady can be found here! (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/13178424/) here as well. (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12892681/)

Comments? Critiqing? ._. I need it for persepecitve!

EphekZ
Dec 16, 2004, 12:18 AM
Cool

Whats with the zombied Beach babe?

Solstis
Dec 16, 2004, 03:53 AM
The fore-characters seem to be surreally... something or other. I'm not too sure, but it doesn't feel like they fit in the scene.

Bleh. Perspective makes solly go "bleh."

Lovely shading! :D

RicoRoyal
Dec 16, 2004, 03:15 PM
Shadey lady's left hand has 6 fingers... none of which have any form of proportions similar to those of actual hands. You don't really need to make every little detail of every finger anatomically correct, but you could at least attempt to throw in the thumb at a reasonable location. I can tell you did put in a thumb, but it could have started a little ways more up. Thumbs almost end by the time index fingers begin.

Also, on your perspective one, I really like what you did with the shadows and all that good jazz. Like Solstis said, the fore-characters seem a bit out of place. In particular, the cat-type thing and that short little dude on the right side dont seem to fit in. Maybe its because they are facing forward, but they really don't seem to belong in that same picture. It could also be because they seem to be facing a little left (short guy) and a little to the right (cat). If that is the case, then they need to be fixed up a little, as their bodies need to sort of follow a perspective sort of mentally when being drawn (depending on what way they face, parts of them need to be getting smaller or bigger). It just doesnt feel right with those two.

One more thing on that perspective picture. The foreground characters need some shading in order to fit in with the completely shadowy figure in the middle. Perhaps thats why the look "surreally."

EDIT 2: More on that shadow stuff. Okay, given the shadow that the center guy produces, and also taking into account that you cant see any of his/her (are those boobs? :P) characteristics, one would assume there is no lighting coming from out of the bottom (or front) of the corridor... but yet there seems to be nothing but light shining on the backs of the 4 foreground characters. That's what I think Solstis and I are having such a tough time adjusting to.

Shading - it's why the first lunar landing doesn't work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2004-12-16 12:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2004-12-16 12:50 ]</font>