PDA

View Full Version : EVE Online: Exodus (MMORPG)

ABDUR101
Dec 16, 2004, 05:09 PM
I've been playing a MMORPG set in space called EVE:Online, I'm sure most have heard of it at one time or another. Recently they just released a large expansion to the game called Exodus, and with all expansions to the world of EVE it's free.(Downloaded in patch form for current members, and an entirely new client for new members)

The latest expansion also signifies CCP's(EVE's creator) North American debute of marketing, as the game has been based in the UK, although there are no territory restrictions or sharding in-game, every player is in the same universe, with upwards of 12k+ users on at any one time.

That doesn't really effect gameplay with lag though, instances of severe, gamebreaking lag aren't common, except when most of the userbase was trying to get the latest expansion all at once.(Which was about a month ago.)

http://www.eve-online.com for any info you'd like on the game, as the site covers every aspect, right down to having chronicle stories, history of different factions and races, individual corporations, fleets and pirate factions, as well as individual ship information and requirements.

The image in my sig is a direct in-game image without alteration other than resizing/formatting to fit sig limits as an example and to spark interest. The ship shown is a Brutix battlecruiser of the Gallente Federation, which I actively pilot to hunt through asteroid belts for NPC pirates.

There's PvP as well as Non-PvP sectors of space, signified by security rating of whatever sector of space you are currently in. 1.0 is the safest, with local authorities warping to your location and instantly blowing up any agressors, with 0.8 to 0.5 having enemy NPC pirates to hunt without authorities taking action. 0.4 space and below is PvP zones, where any player killing is allowed, but then in 0.4 and below there are more riches to be had for bounty hunting, mining and trade. The game is very open ended and has a wide spectrum of things to do, from simply mining/refining ores from asteroids, to shipping, to purchasing manufacturing equipment and blueprints to make ships, weapons, etc. Then there's a full gamut of space combat to get thrown into if you choose, from one on one skirmishes clear up to massive fleet battles between corporations and factions.

Skill training is also interesting. More akin to learning skills like in The Matrix, you buy a skill and each skill has five ranks, with each rank taking longer to train. The beauty is though, that once you set a specific skill to train, it continues to train no matter what you're doing, even if you're not in-game. It takes a certain amount of time to train depending on your character's mental attributes, and as each skill has different attributes it takes advantage of, there are even skills that let you raise your attributes, as well as cybernetic implants.

If anyone is interested and wants to give the game a try, pm me your email address and as a subscriber I can give out 7-day free trials, which don't require any billing information.

If you get in-game, or are already a member, send an EVE mail to Shevai Asan.
*Blatant Advertisement*
The corporation I'm a member of is actively recruiting, expecially those in the US as most of the current corp members are in the UK. We support any way our members wish to play the game(industrial, combat, or any mix in-between), we go out and hunt as well as mine as a corp, and eventually we will have ships and equipment on supply if we get enough members actively taking part and putting forth an effort.
*/Blatant Advertisement*

Anyways, it's a fun game that has kept my interest for a while, and I haven't delved into the PvP aspect, nor really any big NPC combat aside from asteroid belt raids on my own.

Questions, comments? Discuss. =]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2004-12-16 14:10 ]</font>

joluh
Dec 16, 2004, 07:11 PM
o:
Sounds like fun :3
I shall try it ((click link))
Oooohh...