PDA

View Full Version : Level Heightens Rank?

PJ
Dec 19, 2004, 08:33 AM
Last night I had an interesting battle.

I was teaching my friend how to play Episode 3, so I was teamed up with him (Him even using the Default D deck), and we were fighting my friend, who was partnered up with Break using the Final Battle deck >_> (But considering it was a computer, still dumb as a wall =3)

Anyways, the battle basically dragged on, consisting of both him and I putting up walls of... Rappies... and bears >_> Until Jason stupidly got closer with Break and we beat on him, leaving him alone with the computer.

So, in the end, the match took us an hour and 22 minutes o_O;;; (It was in the Mountain stage, the long narrow one that I deeespise). We both summoned a lot of monsteres, lost a lot of monsters, took and given damage, but in the end, me and my partner earned an S Rank, and I was like, "wtf?"

If you have a lower level partner, does that increase your rank? (I certainly know it increases your gained EXP now... +55 =D)

Ryna
Dec 19, 2004, 02:43 PM
On 2004-12-19 05:33, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Last night I had an interesting battle.

I was teaching my friend how to play Episode 3, so I was teamed up with him (Him even using the Default D deck), and we were fighting my friend, who was partnered up with Break using the Final Battle deck >_> (But considering it was a computer, still dumb as a wall =3)

Anyways, the battle basically dragged on, consisting of both him and I putting up walls of... Rappies... and bears >_> Until Jason stupidly got closer with Break and we beat on him, leaving him alone with the computer.

So, in the end, the match took us an hour and 22 minutes o_O;;; (It was in the Mountain stage, the long narrow one that I deeespise). We both summoned a lot of monsteres, lost a lot of monsters, took and given damage, but in the end, me and my partner earned an S Rank, and I was like, "wtf?"

If you have a lower level partner, does that increase your rank? (I certainly know it increases your gained EXP now... +55 =D)

What level was your opponent? The only conditions under which you'll gain a big exp boost is if you are a low level and your opponent is high level. If you team up with a low level against a high level, you will also receive the exp bonus your partner got.

Tycho
Dec 20, 2004, 12:51 PM
Rank depends on:

- number of turns (faster is better)
- damage done minus damage taken
- damage blocked by you
- maximum combo you made

And maybe something I forgot. But not on levels or anything. I'm guessing you earned your rank because you did far more damage than your opponents in the battle, despite the number of turns it took you to win.