PDA

View Full Version : Mine!

PJ
Dec 20, 2004, 10:47 PM
I know it's selfish, but please, if it's my property that I either bought for myself, or I recieved as a gift, respect it if I don't want you using it.

In fact, in most cases, I'm alright with you using it. Although once in awhile it'd make me much happier if you asked for it first, I don't mind. You aren't breaking it, right?

I mean, even when I ask nicely, you bite my head off and say, "No," To my request. Yes, I am the ass in the situation, because for all that I do for you, I can't use your stuff.

[Isaac scenario] The new Gamecube that you didn't contribute for? Yeah, you can play it. It's a family system, right? Considering you treat my friends like crap, they shouldn't be considered part of the family. But YOUR friends, that's a completely different story. Take the new GC, that did I mention you didn't pay for, to your friends, with a game you didn't pay for, WITHOUT telling anybody, then come up late at night. Your justification? "You broke it. I mean, you played it the most right?" Of course I did. I hang out with my friends, my school hours are longer, and of course, when you play, and have something better to do, instead of turning it off (And even giving someone else the change to play) you keep it turned on and paused. And you yell at me when I turn it off, even if you had just saved T_T

[All my brother's scenario] Simon, you own a GBA. Of course, you prefer the original design to that of my SP. So, logically, you'll play my SP more, to save you batteries. Joy! That's really smart thinking Simon! May I kindly remind you to place my GBA where I can find it, so I can play it when you're done?

Isaac and Jordan, you get money from the government. So, hey, if mom and dad are paying for you to live here, you might aswell treat yourself. It's not like people are gonna get mad at you.

Jordan, you enjoying those GBA games? I know I would be! Hey, here's a novel idea: While you're buying games for yourself, buy yourself a GBA, so you don't have to borrow mine, keep it in your room, and forbid me from entering your room, even if it is to get my GBA! =D

[Isaac scenario] Heyo! My friend, who did I mention that, according to Isaac, all my friends are just bad people, is borrowing Metroid Prime. So, Isaac wants to play Metroid Prime. "That's fine," I say, "When he's done with it." So instead of accepting that he's not playing that game 24 hours straight just to get it complete, he figures, "Well, I'll keep bugging PJ about it. It'll come sooner or later."

A few hours earlier, I wanted to go to Tasos' house. Well, it IS just -18 degrees outside, almsot -30 with windchill. So Isaac, finding the perfect oppertunity to get what he wants, will only give me bus fare if I get Metroid Prime back. Having no choice, I decided to.

Well, with both Simon and Isaac being, "The correct ones," and my being the ass because I don't want them touching Metroid Prime now (I won't explain). Apparently, I was under the false assumption that they were being jerks to me, and my not letting Isaac play Metroid Prime was harsh of me. Well, tough cookies for him.

I really can't comprehend how you can think I'm the jerk in this situation. I even come close to your comics (Unintentional; I'd never want to read his comics) he bites my head off. I ask to borrow something, and it's WW3. He wonders why I hate being at home, and especially hate being home when HE'S at home. And to top it off, he thinks the conclusion is, I need more sleep. No, of course, it's never YOUR fault. It's always MY fault.

Isaac, you're full of retarded comebacks, which is fair, considering your -150 IQ. Don't call me a conforming hypocrite, especially considering that makes you the hypocrite. That's a completely different story though u_u

My thoughts are messed up when I'm angry, ok?

My dad tells me it's unhealthy to contain emotions. But I can't yell at him, nor can I yell at Isaac, cause that'll get me in trouble. I'm glad I have someplace to do it T_T

anwserman
Dec 20, 2004, 11:09 PM
It isn't your fault that you're pissed. It is your property, and you have certain rights to your own materials... such as deciding how to use it. Yet, you can share and although it seems like you are, your brothers don't comprehend that it is a two-way street and that it is currently one way.

And you're getting ass-raped by them essentially.

So... if it is your (insert equipment here), if they want to have Meteroid Prime for instance, give 'em the disc. Just take the powercord for the Gamecube then. When they bitch and moan about it, about how you're being unfair to them, just state something along the lines... "When, exactly, was the last time you let me use something of yours without any strings attached or without me getting the end of a raw deal?"

EphekZ
Dec 20, 2004, 11:12 PM
That sucks....I asay for christmas you get a lazer fence type thing and surround everything thats yours(ITS SHOCKS EM!)...(if you have your own room) Just block your door with them =P

orrrrrrrr...Just beat em, if you get in trouble....atleast they'll be in more pain then you.

Hrith
Dec 21, 2004, 02:49 AM
http://ddraven.tripod.com/icons/mine.gif

Seriously, PJ, when I read shit like this, I really think you should print it and pin it to the fridge or something.

_Sinue_
Dec 21, 2004, 03:54 AM
I agree with the beating part. Back when I was a young'n, we didn't have no fancy internet forums to vent our frustrations out on. We had two sticks and a rock to settle our sibling rivalrys. We used the sticks like clubs, and had to take turns throwing the rock at each other.

Ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration.. but my sister did have a knife she'd ocassionally chase me around the house with when I pissed her off bad enough.

Moral of the story is.. I didn't piss her off very often. violence works.

Outrider
Dec 22, 2004, 12:50 PM
Yeah, my brothers and I used to fight all the time. Nowadays, it's mostly just verbal.

Last physical fight I remember having with my older brother, I socked him one in the face.

We, uh... haven't fought since.

Not my proudest moment, but there ya go.

The on thing that pisses me off the most is people invading my privacy, no matter how small. It usually comes up with my friends screwing around with my computer and changing things (at which point I tell them I'll seriously hurt them if they do it again, and that usually prevents them from repeating it for quite a while) or my mom re-arranging my stuff while she's "cleaning."

See, the way my mom cleans is by putting everything in piles beneath tables or behind furniture or something. She doesn't find a place for everything, she instead just puts things in many random places. If you don't find those things before the next time she "cleans" for some holiday or whatever, you'll never find it again. So what bugs me is when my mom just does whatever with my stuff, even if she knows they have their own places. Now, I'm not completely free of guilt here. I do tend to leave my stuff lying around the house. But I've told her many times before, that if it's getting the way, tell me to move it and I will.

Whoops. I think I hijacked the rant.

Anywho, yeah. Don't take anymore crap from your brothers. If it boils down to hiding the wires to your Gamecube or whatever, then do it. Just don't get childish or they'll win. They've gotta learn not to be such jerks.