PDA

View Full Version : Best commercial EVER!

Blue-Hawk
Dec 23, 2004, 04:07 PM
http://www.fmta.org/C4_1.wmv

Damn, I can't stop watching that. Too bad MY car can't dance.... Hell, I can't even dance. >_<

Jehosaphaty
Dec 23, 2004, 04:18 PM
that, that is simply amazing. its transformer goodness.

GuerillaPimp
Dec 24, 2004, 01:23 AM
holy SHIT! i have GOTS to trade my car in for ona those! Really 'beat' rush hour traffic in that car

digigram
Dec 24, 2004, 12:20 PM
I actually know the person that did the effects on that video, it is fairly neat. although I feel wierd watching it, because I only pay attention to the fact that it's a peugot.

the citroen's are great cars for the money.

EphekZ
Dec 24, 2004, 01:51 PM
That is an awsome find, thats great!

AUTO_
Dec 24, 2004, 02:54 PM
It's no Budweiser knocking Miller or the happy Christmahannakuakwanzi cell phone commercial, but it made for a good "heh".

Sef
Dec 24, 2004, 08:28 PM
Hehe, I saved it and forgot to watch it until now...

That's pretty cool. It reminds me of a video I saw with a Volkswagen Beetle transforming.

...Wish I could dance like that...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 25, 2004, 07:06 AM
On 2004-12-24 11:54, AUTO_ wrote:
It's no Budweiser knocking Miller or the happy Christmahannakuakwanzi cell phone commercial, but it made for a good "heh".

Yeah. Indeedy.
It was nice.
I'd prefer the identity theft one with the:

Get lost. Buzz off. Who wants to know? What's it to you?

That makes me laugh a lot. I have bad humor then.
-_-!

Christma-hannu-kwanzaa-ka is pretty good too for a more recent one.
Bud-weis-er? Hehe, almost forgot all about that.

Kent
Jan 1, 2005, 06:19 PM
...Christmahanakwanzakah.

>_>;

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 6, 2005, 03:34 AM
On 2005-01-01 15:19, Kent wrote:

>_>;

Hehe. XD
Yeah what AUTO and myself both said respectively sound very Hawaiian or something.

The one with the identity theft Citibank one is pretty good too. They greet eachother with the names-something to the tune of:

"Get lost."
"Get lost? What's it to you?"
"Who wants to know?"

etc.

Heh. I wish I had Tivo or something for such commercials to quote from.

Outrider
Jan 6, 2005, 05:04 AM
On 2004-12-24 17:28, Sef wrote:
Hehe, I saved it and forgot to watch it until now...

That's pretty cool. It reminds me of a video I saw with a Volkswagen Beetle transforming.

...Wish I could dance like that...

I actually have that video on my hard drive.

Getintothegame
Jan 7, 2005, 02:11 AM
I can't stop watching it...

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Kadou
Jan 9, 2005, 08:49 PM
That's a pretty old one, but still good.

Nai_Calus
Jan 10, 2005, 12:34 AM
On 2005-01-06 00:34, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

On 2005-01-01 15:19, Kent wrote:

>_>;

Hehe. XD
Yeah what AUTO and myself both said respectively sound very Hawaiian or something.

Except some of those letters aren't in the Hawaiian alphabet... But it does indeed sound sort of Hawaiian.

SophiaSeed
Jan 10, 2005, 05:51 AM
as much as i love transformers, i hated this ad.

As cool as it was to see a car transform in to a robot, there is no possible way you could ever make that with the technology available right now. For instance, the car shows ample room in the car for people to be able to sit in, but looking the robot transformed, where is all the space that was once there. THERE is no way you could ever fit the components for a robot in that small of a space.

Secondly, i think the car is ugly as hell. Plus, i've read it gets pretty shitty gas mileage.

Thirdly, it's purposerous design. First of all, for a robot of any size that big, the feet wouldn't be abel to support that kind of unit. You'd need bigger feed, otherwise the force the feet woudl apply to the ground would be so huge that it would easily leave foot imprints in street pavement. Nextly the movement of the robot is horrible. Yeah it's cool and all, but impossible with today's technology. There are fast machines, but for this kind of machine, you couldn't have the machine any faster than a forklist arm.

Nextly, if a compercial is going to sell me a car, i'd rather see actual footage of the car in action, tell my why i should by it, and not some flashy thing that doesn't exist. Yeah when i see the car i think of the dancing robot, so the ad works, but if your going to sell me a car, sell me a car and not your ad for the car.

Lastly, even if all this did exist, imagine the maintence on a unit like that. Could you see yourself driving it, what if it decided to transform with you and your family in it. Hell, what would you do with a dancing robot. Show it off to the neighbor? If you can get one, so could he. Besides, the dancing robot gimic would get old in less than a week. Before long, you'd be wishing you bought a real car. What would you use it for? Getting stuff off roofs, it's not going to be using in your house at all, muchless outside, it would easily destory the neighborhood.

Clever idea, but i think it's dumb. Sure the dancing robot is sorta cool, it just isn't practical, and for what it's worth, i don't want to remember a car for it's gimic, i want to remember a car for it's usefulness. Trust me, dancing robots cars will not get you chicks or friends.

Alielle
Jan 10, 2005, 12:06 PM
Like all ads are informative and realistic.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 10, 2005, 04:47 PM
On 2005-01-10 09:06, Alielle wrote:
Like all ads are informative and realistic.

Zing! or pwned. Whichever you prefer.

"Infomercial. You know what those are? Its like information you get from a commercial!"-

ATHF is pretty funny.

@ Ian.
Yeah I drew the connection seeing how I am lucky/unlucky, however you see it, enough to be able to speak to people from Hawaii on a daily basis. They have a very distinct accent or pronunciation of their words.

RuneLateralus
Jan 10, 2005, 05:31 PM
The detail in the transformation is simply amazing in that commercial (especially the nice rotation in the torso...nice Transformers reference there).

The actual dance, however, might have been nicer if they actually animated it...not just use motion capturing.

RavenTW
Jan 16, 2005, 12:08 AM
On 2005-01-10 02:51, SophiaSeed wrote:
as much as i love transformers, i hated this ad.

As cool as it was to see a car transform in to a robot, there is no possible way you could ever make that with the technology available right now. For instance, the car shows ample room in the car for people to be able to sit in, but looking the robot transformed, where is all the space that was once there. THERE is no way you could ever fit the components for a robot in that small of a space.

Secondly, i think the car is ugly as hell. Plus, i've read it gets pretty shitty gas mileage.

Thirdly, it's purposerous design. First of all, for a robot of any size that big, the feet wouldn't be abel to support that kind of unit. You'd need bigger feed, otherwise the force the feet woudl apply to the ground would be so huge that it would easily leave foot imprints in street pavement. Nextly the movement of the robot is horrible. Yeah it's cool and all, but impossible with today's technology. There are fast machines, but for this kind of machine, you couldn't have the machine any faster than a forklist arm.

Nextly, if a compercial is going to sell me a car, i'd rather see actual footage of the car in action, tell my why i should by it, and not some flashy thing that doesn't exist. Yeah when i see the car i think of the dancing robot, so the ad works, but if your going to sell me a car, sell me a car and not your ad for the car.

Lastly, even if all this did exist, imagine the maintence on a unit like that. Could you see yourself driving it, what if it decided to transform with you and your family in it. Hell, what would you do with a dancing robot. Show it off to the neighbor? If you can get one, so could he. Besides, the dancing robot gimic would get old in less than a week. Before long, you'd be wishing you bought a real car. What would you use it for? Getting stuff off roofs, it's not going to be using in your house at all, muchless outside, it would easily destory the neighborhood.

Clever idea, but i think it's dumb. Sure the dancing robot is sorta cool, it just isn't practical, and for what it's worth, i don't want to remember a car for it's gimic, i want to remember a car for it's usefulness. Trust me, dancing robots cars will not get you chicks or friends.

It's sad the day someone tries to reationalize a commercial made only to make people laugh, exxagerate their car, and play on a famous old topic.

But I digress. I see no commercial. The site is down or something.

Blue-Hawk
Jan 20, 2005, 12:37 AM
Raven, here's a new link to it. Just press the 'Watch the TV Ad' button.

http://www.citroen.co.uk/c4/homepage.asp?pagetype=c4