PDA

View Full Version : XBox: PSOX questions

PS2_Master0
Dec 23, 2004, 09:25 PM
I unfortunately no longer have a Gamecube (my extreme like of Halo 2 when playing it non-stop for over 6 hours caused me to sell my GC and get an XBOX).

However, I was thinking about getting PSOX.

Just a few questions:

1) Does PSOX support offline play (i see on the box it says XBOX LIVE online Required

2) Do you need to pay for a hunter's liscence as well as normal XBOX LIVE charges to play online?

3) How many characters can the HD hold (i.e. does it have a limit of 4, like the GC)

4) Can you take files, put them on memory packs, and play your characters on another XBOX?

PJ
Dec 23, 2004, 09:52 PM
1) There is an offline mode, but you need an XBox Live account to play PSOX anywhere. Online or Off. Albeit, the offline mode doesn't require an active XBox Live account.

2) Yes, Sega also charges a Hunter's License, so you are still paying for both.

3) I'm not sure... I think someone before said 12, but again I'm not sure.

4) Only as temporary characters I think

PS2_Master0
Dec 23, 2004, 10:11 PM
On 2004-12-23 18:52, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
1) There is an offline mode, but you need an XBox Live account to play PSOX anywhere. Online or Off. Albeit, the offline mode doesn't require an active XBox Live account.

2) Yes, Sega also charges a Hunter's License, so you are still paying for both.

3) I'm not sure... I think someone before said 12, but again I'm not sure.

4) Only as temporary characters I think

Thanks a ton!

So, your saying (since i have HALO 2) i could just start the trial, load PSOX, and then it doesnt't matter after the 2 months are over, i can still play anyway?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PS2_Master0 on 2004-12-23 19:11 ]</font>

PJ
Dec 23, 2004, 10:28 PM
I'm almost positive, it should work.

And if PSOX comes with a month free HL, you could be playing that for a month XD

Eviltar
Dec 24, 2004, 01:42 PM
On 2004-12-23 18:25, PS2_Master0 wrote:
1) Does PSOX support offline play (i see on the box it says XBOX LIVE online Required

2) Do you need to pay for a hunter's liscence as well as normal XBOX LIVE charges to play online?

3) How many characters can the HD hold (i.e. does it have a limit of 4, like the GC)

4) Can you take files, put them on memory packs, and play your characters on another XBOX?

1) Yes, offline is supported. But, yes, you must have an Xbox Live account, also, even for offline. It's a cruel twist of fate that Sonic Team imposed on us.

2) Emphatic YES! You must pay for both to go online.

3) On your HD, you can have four "account folders", each holding 12 characters, for a total of 48 characters. You can use a memory card character to transfer items between the folders (if you are careful). Note that you can use the same Xbox Live account for all four folders.

4) Yes, this is possible. You can move a character from the HD to a memcard. However, it is mostly a one-way process. You can only move the character back to the same HD and the same folder that it came from. You can't transfer it to another Xbox HD. BTW, only one character per memcard is allowed.

So, your saying (since i have HALO 2) i could just start the trial, load PSOX, and then it doesnt't matter after the 2 months are over, i can still play anyway?

Yup. You can play PSO offline after your temporary Hunter's Licence expires. I don't know what will happen if you expire your Xbox Live account, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eviltar on 2004-12-24 10:42 ]</font>

PJ
Dec 24, 2004, 03:51 PM
On 2004-12-24 10:42, Eviltar wrote:
Yup. You can play PSO offline after your temporary Hunter's Licence expires. I don't know what will happen if you expire your Xbox Live account, though.

I assume you have the XBox version, considering all that folder stuff is news to me (48 characters? o.O)

But I'm sure you don't need an active XBox Live account to play PSO offline, just the account information.

PS2_Master0
Dec 24, 2004, 04:38 PM
yeah, i did a few searches, and i found a .pdf manual for the game.

Unfortunately, I also found out, that if you cancel your Live subscirption, all the charcters wont work online when u renew it....

undevil
Dec 25, 2004, 06:18 PM
I used up my two month subcription, and could no longer play online. However, I had X-Box live, and still do, so I can still play offline.

PS2_Master0
Dec 25, 2004, 08:08 PM
how much is a [i]Live{/i] subscription each month anyway?

If its low enough, I might just get it anyway, although i wouldn't use voice chat (too cheap to pay for the headset... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

digigram
Dec 25, 2004, 09:38 PM
it's only 5.95 per month for xbox live.

PJ
Dec 25, 2004, 10:09 PM
I thought the headset came with it?

digigram
Dec 25, 2004, 10:15 PM
you can buy it seperately or with a sub card