PDA

View Full Version : So you think you're funny?

PhotonDrop
Dec 24, 2004, 02:39 PM
So you think you're funny?
A Guide to PD jokes

Hello, welcome to a lecture from an individual who's tired of lame-ass jokes about her name.

Yeah, I know, my names PhotonDrop to most of you, should be an open gateway to teasing me, right? wrong. Since the day I made my FOnewearl on September 25, 2002 I've got these jokes from all over. It's not funny, it's stupid. From "Can I trade you in for an AddSlot?" to "Y U DROP N NOT MI TJ!?!?!!" I've heard it all.

I'm not that item, I'm not a Red Box, and I'm not tradable.

Sure, my fictional counterpart is in a clan entitled "Item Box" but thats not me, is it?

So if you want to be Mr. or Ms. Hilarity and associate me with that item you are asking for it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Robo47/PhotonDrop/snaps/PDeq.png does not equal http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Robo47/PhotonDrop/thebox.gif

Bitching am I? Well look at who's the little Kindergartener taunting someone's name.

Disclaimer: this rant isn't directed at Navi or her recent comic or Tactician or Grey, but to the general public, it has been a while since I raised hell about it so I figure I should give the newbier people a crash course.

Eanae
Dec 24, 2004, 02:57 PM
Honestly, you made the name, not us. You should have realized you were going to get all of this...

AUTO_
Dec 24, 2004, 03:02 PM
^ I agree.

And even though I don't play PSO anymore...I would bet you BASED the name of Photon Drop from photon drops themselves--it's not like it was fucking coincidence.

It's like they say...if you pitch people under-hand you can't be mad when they hit it out of the park.

I realize this is rants and all...but haven't you made this topic like 3 times over a 2 year span?

Scrub
Dec 24, 2004, 03:09 PM
Gay Phantom, Gary Phantasm, OMG KILLSTEALER FAGGOT, I know what you mean when people interpret your name the wrong way in an attempt to be funny and clever.

P.S. - Why do you think I changed my name away from Scrub? -_______-;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GreyPhantasm on 2004-12-24 12:10 ]</font>

Kuea
Dec 24, 2004, 03:09 PM
just look on the bright side <_<

only people who know of PSO will make jokes about your name

where almost everyone has seen legend of zelda and would makes jokes at tingle or navi/navinator

and then there is me... almost everyone knows of the pastry so I get alot of the sexual innuendos =3

and on a side note I just started a hell of alot of jokes about my name in irc o.o;;

hehe just try not to take them so seriously

people like me and navi can stand the jokes when they come from #psow and other people who are friends

SpikeOtacon
Dec 24, 2004, 03:14 PM
On 2004-12-24 11:57, Eanae wrote:
Honestly, you made the name, not us. You should have realized you were going to get all of this...

PhotonDrop
Dec 24, 2004, 05:01 PM
Eanae and Spike:Yeah, I did know, but thats not my point, this is about how lame they are.

Grey: heh, lucky us eh? pick a name, get tired of the jokes and get told to stop bitching when we say stop :|

PJ
Dec 24, 2004, 05:57 PM
Let's see...

I'm pajama(sp?) boy

=/

geewj
Dec 24, 2004, 08:15 PM
Maybe you should change your name, because this whole throw a fit every time someone makes the obvious connection thing doesn't seem to be working out so well.

Sef
Dec 24, 2004, 08:16 PM
Look at me! I'm Sephiroth!!!1111onefifteen.

Anyways...

Just ignore them if they make a stupid joke. It's better to keep you mouth shut and let them look like an ass than open your mouth and have an ass to ass conversation...

Whatever the hell that meant.

KodiaX987
Dec 24, 2004, 09:12 PM
You should've called yourself KodiaX987, like me.

No motherfucker makes fun of KodiaX987.

Jehosaphaty
Dec 24, 2004, 10:17 PM
On 2004-12-24 18:12, KodiaX987 wrote:

[insert jab at kodia here] really though, whats in a name anyways? my old basktball coach would say that if you let things like that get to you, then you're a mental migdet and should buck up, but...id say u shouldnt gratify them with a response--let them look ridiculous

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2004-12-24 19:19 ]</font>

navci
Dec 24, 2004, 10:20 PM
On 2004-12-24 18:12, KodiaX987 wrote:

It's a Kodia moment!

Shattered_weasel
Dec 24, 2004, 10:35 PM
You just asked for everyone to start thinking about lame jokes for your name now Kodia...

KodiaX987
Dec 24, 2004, 11:44 PM
Just think about it, and I'll be handing your ass over to you on a silver plate before you know it.

navci
Dec 24, 2004, 11:45 PM
On 2004-12-24 20:44, KodiaX987 wrote:
Just think about it, and I'll be handing your ass over to you on a silver plate before you know it.

But... but I already did!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 25, 2004, 06:33 AM
On 2004-12-24 20:45, navinator wrote:

On 2004-12-24 20:44, KodiaX987 wrote:

But... but I already did!

Hee hee. You know very well you are pretty exempt!
You said it with no current retaliation!
...such power...

I picked one of the biggest and ugliest names on PSOW. Period. I've been called the Ninja Gaiden main character but nothing more. I could care less.

Sadly for you 'Photon Drop' is instant fodder for those who want to joke about it. The lamer the person, the lamer the joke. Have you ever heard a 'good, name joke'?

Mixfortune
Dec 25, 2004, 07:19 AM
On 2004-12-24 14:01, PhotonDrop wrote:
Eanae and Spike:Yeah, I did know, but thats not my point, this is about how lame they are.

Just curious... but would you commend a PD joke targetting your name if it was a good or clever joke then? I mean, since you're mostly upset about the jokes being lame and all.

Ness
Dec 25, 2004, 11:44 AM
Everyone get stupid name jokesx palyed on them. back int he old days when I went by "Mexidon," I got all these joke about me being Mexican. When I went by Tim, I got jokes aobut Tiny Tim from "A Christmas Carol." However, I thought both of these were funny so I embraced them. Most people just stopped because they realized they couldn't get the negative reaction they wanted; onyl my close PSO buddies held on to them and they became a joke among our group. My point is: It's not the jokes that matter, it's how you react to them.

Shattered_weasel
Dec 25, 2004, 12:03 PM
I don't know why but I still get a tickle from when _J called polished, Polishedwankstain.

Probably the immature side of me popping out.