PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Just started PSOBB and i have some questions.

jnblz316
Dec 24, 2004, 11:43 PM
i just started playing blue burst today and i have a couple of questions:
1.i noticed that you cant use the same names as in the gc version to get the id's that you wanted. is there a site with a section id calculater for blue burst?
2.is there any way you can play with a gamepad instead of using the keyboard for movement in the game?
3. i read in the forum that episode 4 is for the original beta tester somewhere in the tech support thread. so does that mean im out of luck as far as episode 4?
4.is there a sit where you can get translation for the items in the game?
5. how is the game as far as hackers and cheaters in the game? i stopped playing the gc version based on the fact that cheating and hacking went out of control.
6.where can i get a guide that can give me the controls for the game as well as well as a way to change the control settings in the game?

thank you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jnblz316 on 2004-12-24 20:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jnblz316 on 2004-12-24 20:54 ]</font>

Tycho
Dec 25, 2004, 06:29 AM
On 2004-12-24 20:43, jnblz316 wrote:
i just started playing blue burst today and i have a couple of questions:
1.i noticed that you cant use the same names as in the gc version to get the id's that you wanted. is there a site with a section id calculater for blue burst?
2.is there any way you can play with a gamepad instead of using the keyboard for movement in the game?
3. i read in the forum that episode 4 is for the original beta tester somewhere in the tech support thread. so does that mean im out of luck as far as episode 4?
4.is there a sit where you can get translation for the items in the game?
5. how is the game as far as hackers and cheaters in the game? i stopped playing the gc version based on the fact that cheating and hacking went out of control.
6.where can i get a guide that can give me the controls for the game as well as well as a way to change the control settings in the game?

thank you

1. I have no clue. Maybe just try some names?
2. Probably not.
3. Yes, there is no way you can play the EP4 trial.
4. I'll say it again: google 'Katakana'. Learn that by heart. It's more useful/fun than most things they teach you in school. xP
5. There is almost no cheating on Blue Burst. On GC it's still possible to avoid as long as you don't go to crowdy areas.
6. Controls... I have no clue. I'd say just press whatever button and see if it works. x.x;

jnblz316
Dec 25, 2004, 10:30 AM
thanks for the answers ma. i have 2 more.
a while ago someone posted a url with all the translations to all of the monomate,dimates,etc. does anyone know where this site is?
also,will i be able to purchuse eps.4 when it is realeased in feburary?
thanks

VioletSkye
Dec 25, 2004, 12:18 PM
it's been awhile since I played psobb, but I know that you can definitely use a game pad. I set mine up so that it controlled just like my GC PSO setup.

Someone did a really nice guide on how to set up a gamepad so I'll see if I can find it again.

It was Dark-Sun that created the visual guide but unfortunately it is no longer available.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-12-25 09:32 ]</font>

jnblz316
Dec 25, 2004, 02:12 PM
thanks for cheking violetskye. i found a way to use a control pad. im currently trying figure a way to configure it like the gc version. how did you do that for yours?
thanks

Deissa
Dec 25, 2004, 02:50 PM
http://www.psotools.com/sectionid.shtml

Thars your Section ID calculator.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 25, 2004, 07:10 PM
Some item translations here:
http://www.getintothegame.net/arislan/items.htm

Credits: Arislan, Getintothegame

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FOnewearl-Lina on 2004-12-25 16:11 ]</font>

SheWren
Dec 26, 2004, 08:14 AM
On 2004-12-24 20:43, jnblz316 wrote:

I do use a gamepad. You can set controls in the options menu while in the game.

jnblz316
Dec 26, 2004, 01:04 PM
sorry guys i have some more question on PSOBB Eps.4:
1.will this be like an expansion pack to PSOBB?
2.if so will you have to by it or can you download it free like PSOBB?
3.when you make a game online and you pick the episodes you want to play is the Eps.4 option there or is it only available through the hunter guild?
thanks

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 27, 2004, 12:15 AM
1.Yes, but in reality all it is so far is a rehash of Forest (going on the beta).

2.Download should be free, but the client is also going to be sold retail on CD with some sort of bonus.

3.Hunters Guild in Beta allows you to choose Episodes 1,2, and 4. I'd assume the final wouldn't change from this, seeing Episode 4 isn't a stand alone game seperate from BB.

Fryetholly
Dec 31, 2004, 10:15 AM
I've got a question : i've played PSOBB for a long time, and I'd like to unsubscribe... but how ? I don't know how to unsubscribe. Please help me !

shinobu_seta
Dec 31, 2004, 10:29 AM
Someone posted a guide with pictures on how to unsubscribe in the general PSOBB help thread sticky.

I'm searching for that info now, if I see it I'll post it back here.

From what I read it's not that hard to do, just clicking a certain link and copying another line of Japanese text.

Edit: Here's that info. I'm quoting Saffran, so you can thank him if you want ^_^

Go at
https://ipas.isao.net/signup_pso/psobb/supportform.html

First enter your name, then your game ID, then you have a drop down menu. It's the second choice (Beware : the very first one means "please choose", so I -don't- count it in).
Then under that enter your mail adress, and under that one enter your email adress once again.
After that you're supposed to write some text (a reason why you don't want to play anymore?).
Then hit the button on the -left-.

Hope that helps. If all else fails, you could give a call to your credit card company and just ask that they stop payment for that subscription.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinobu_seta on 2004-12-31 07:50 ]</font>

Fryetholly
Dec 31, 2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks for your help ! I didn't find out this part of the stickies topics.

After enter all thoses informations, I click on the left button. And there is written on the next page :

PSO BB ゲームID、ゲームパスワード、利用*についてのお問い合わせ

ご依頼を受付いたしました。

What does it mean ?

shinobu_seta
Dec 31, 2004, 01:32 PM
If you completed and submitted that then I guess it should have canceled it.

You should take a screen shot of the page it displays after you submit the information and try posting it in the PSOBB help sticky at the top of this forum.

It's my understanding that there are a few people who can read Japanese there.

I'm not sure what that text is that you posted, but only post the image if it displays in Japanese. I don't know what to do about gibberish if it's doing that ^_^;

Fryetholly
Dec 31, 2004, 06:49 PM
I can't upload a picture, I haven't a ftp uploader and I can't download one.
I just format my pc, and for few times, I have a 56k modem (and that's why I'd like to stop PSOBB). So I can send you a picture, but I can't upload it :s...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fryetholly on 2004-12-31 16:27 ]</font>