PDA

View Full Version : going online!?

zpinex
Dec 27, 2004, 11:27 AM
hi,
let me introduce myself
lets start with that im new to pso on the gamecube, i played pso for a long time since it was out i guess (vers1), started on dreamcast, but dc pso is dead now lol.. bout 3 people online on the EU servers (not jokin!), if they're still up these days..
so i baugt a gamecube and i get pso from a friend of mine who didnt ever play it online... is it worth for me to go online? bc when i read comments all over pso sites i start thinking it might be the same story like the dc, so my question is, should i buy a broadband adapter or is it just a waste of my money..?

shinobu_seta
Dec 27, 2004, 11:52 AM
It is true that cheating has become a bit rampant over gamecube now, but I wouldn't say it was as bad as DC.

At least there's no PKing now, so you don't have to worry about that. The biggest thing to worry about now is FSODing and corruption. But this can be avoided as long as you stay off of the bad ships, mainly Vega and Altair.

Everywhere else seems to be pretty safe, and it can be easy to find nice players to run with. Also the Japanese servers are pretty safe and seem to be always legit.

So avoiding those ships may mean avoiding the larger crowd of PSO players, so if you don't mind running with smaller groups of legits and being safe, this should be good for you. I'd go ahead and pick up the adaptor.

Lemme know what you decide, I'd be happy to meet with you for a game and introduce you to some other good people n.n

rena-ko
Dec 27, 2004, 11:55 AM
there are still way more than those 3 people on cube, but actually it might be more wise to concentrate on PSO BB these days (given you can speak japanese - or at least read katakana).

if you find a BBA for cheap and dont mind the HL fee, i'd say, try it. youre around a year late for me saying that you wont regret it, but hey, maybe you can pull some fun from C-Mode and find some actually harmless and cool people to play with.

just keep in mind that you have to take some basic rules in account when being online nowadays.

take care & have fun

zpinex
Dec 27, 2004, 12:01 PM
ok ic, its not that bad is i thought *phew*
the main reason why i wouldn't buy a broadband adapter would be because i have to wait half an hour b4 someone show up to play lol, but if there are still people to play with its fine with me, and ill be glad to go online
ill let u guys know when i get my BBA, should be within 3 days, so till then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

TheOneHero
Dec 27, 2004, 12:06 PM
Come play online, they are many good fun people to play with. The thing to fear most is not the hackers, but the n00bs. -_-

Ya' know, people that go, "Z0MG! H4X!" or say a level 23 foie is hacked. -_-

Anyway, you get online and I'll play with you. ^.^

zpinex
Dec 27, 2004, 12:16 PM
LOL, i never saw noobs on the dc version lol, maybe bc i was noob myself lol (was 12 when i started playin http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), anyway, ive never been legit... dont worryi wasnt hacker, i ain't now, i mean, i always begged for stuff u know, mags like a soniti with 200 pow, or über weapons etc etc...
but the most feared was, the NOL people lol.. stealing ur char.. aw, old memories r comin up.. hehe..

shinobu_seta
Dec 27, 2004, 12:34 PM
It's like TheOneHero said, it's not really the duppers you need to watch out for. It's the middle school idiots who buy AR and think they're hackers that you need to keep an eye on.

But just stay away from those larger groups on the bad ships and you can avoid them all together ~_^

zpinex
Dec 27, 2004, 12:38 PM
but, what i dont get is, how u know wich ship is bad lol? aren't hackers spread all over the place?

shinobu_seta
Dec 27, 2004, 12:45 PM
Fortunately all the hackers seem to accumulate in large groups. I don't know why this is, I guess to show off to one another that they can crash people while they're playing. Plus larger communities are the ones that are more likely to get targetted.

I shouldn't really call them bad ships, more like places where you should stay more aware of who you talk to. Let's just refer to them as shadier places ^_^

If you stick to the blocks with no more than 25 people in them then you'll be fine.

zpinex
Dec 27, 2004, 12:51 PM
oh ic, well, ill find out if i go online first time, and besiedes, there are many people here who want to play and are legit i guess, so there will be enough fun to have =]

zpinex
Dec 28, 2004, 06:26 AM
hi again

today i received my BBA and im ready to go online... i think ill need some time to explore new stuff and all, but if somebody wants to play.. plz msg me..