PDA

View Full Version : GC NOLing: How to stop it?

AzureBlaze
Jan 1, 2005, 02:29 AM
I posted a heads up to watch out for NOL on GC now in the general board, but I feel this really belongs here because it's more of a cheating related question...

Note: DC does not exist any more, and these are not instructions that you could concievably use to cheat there if it did still exist.
I recall (all too well) NOLing on the DC. The badguy would have to come inside your game, dash to the bank and whip out a certain item. (overly simplified version) You would then proceed to become a certain NPC, depending on...something else they were doing at the time, but I was never sure what it was.

So how does it work this time?
Disclaimer:
This is SO SO NOT a request to learn how to use some cheat device or to post up the REAL method of how to nol anyone! I don't want to know this, I don't even cheat. I never have. This is not a code related anything, it's just the 'warning signs' that you need to watch out for. You have to know what the bad guy is capeable of to avoid it. If a suspicious person headed streight for the bank on DC, you knew to run off. If even saying in general what they are up to, to accomplish this is not legal for the board here....then damm...where do we hide?

This story has so many "NO!"s in it that it should be flat out impossible following the PSO server laws of physics.

We were on Cmode ep2. One of our team members got disconnected in a seemingly normal manner. We decided to carry on with 3 people, as we were in the last room of the space ship before the Gol. We entered the dragon fight, had a tad of lag, and my disk kept spinning up, which is unusual. Dragon went fine...until my screen went black. When it returned, the dragon was nowhere to be found. One of my team mates was now NOL (on screen and on name) and the other had FSOD'd. Alone in the game, I was forced to DC.

No 4th name appeared, but you can't join a Cgame in progress anyway. Does this mean they NOLed from the lobby? The game wasn't locked, did they somehow ghostly enter it? There's no 'ship area' available or even existing during Cmode anyway for them to bolt to the bank. There was no one in the lobby upon RCing. All the people in the game are close friends.

What is going on, what do you look out for, how can you stop or avoid it? I've never seen anything like it.