PDA

View Full Version : PSO Rehab - :(

agenevil
Jan 1, 2005, 02:32 AM
So, a few things...

how thriving is BB?

how dead is GCN?

how dead is EP3?

why do I get sort of a weird feeling playing any of it?

It's like, something about PSO, the music, the plot, something, so happy and so dark, I need more but I can't, it hurts! I feel like such a lifeless loser.

And what is the price etc. , of BB, and its subscription, or is that in the setup tutorial?

Link me if you want to anything that might answer anyof this if you don't feel like talking much and oh crap I don't wanna finish this post

Nai_Calus
Jan 1, 2005, 02:34 AM
BB has a small but decent english community.

GCN was half-dead last time I was on it a few months ago and seems to have gone further downhill, from what I've heard.

BB is about $10 a month. It's 1050 yen, and with the dollar shitty right now...

agenevil
Jan 1, 2005, 02:41 AM
Screw english, I just want actual people to play with! That's why there's symbol chat...

How many people would you say of all languages are on?

I remember at least 650+ on the USA GCN server... sigh... there was like 1900 on the JP server :/

Dek
Jan 1, 2005, 05:46 PM
GCN was half-dead last time I was on it a few months ago and seems to have gone further downhill, from what I've heard.

Yeah, it's worse. As others have probably mentioned, Altair-4 is filled with non-legits and you run a high risk of getting FSODed.

Rainbowlemon
Jan 1, 2005, 06:32 PM
On 2004-12-31 23:34, Ian-KunX wrote:
It's 1050 yen, and with the dollar shitty right now...

*grins*

PSOBB english community is gradually declining, but the Japanese community seems to still be rock steady. I got bored of it all quite a while ago -_-

ATHANASEUS
Jan 4, 2005, 06:09 PM
well pso in general is dying. the game itself needs to be updated. although the game is, for some odd reason, incredibly addicting, i hate it. if i could just get that tjsword and nug2000 bazooka and kill all the ult bosses with it, i could have peace of mind and go back to playing sexy FPS's and sports games.

the whole sword+6 rpg genre needs to be revamped, or it will die a terrible death, just like nintendo will if it doesnt change. pso needs to make everything faster. everything about the game is so...SLOW. the characters walk slow, the loading is slow, the weapons are slow, and the enemies are slow. i want a caves that i can beat in 30 min. and gain 1 level every 10 min. meaning lvl 200 in 20 hours, not 200. people should be able to kill players on your own team. the new game's theme should be this---

you have a choice, team up with your party members and kill the enemies effectively but less money and weapons, or turn on your party members and take their weapons and steal the glory, but be at a disadvantage against difficult enemies. every choice has a consequence, like KOTOR and fable. offline play with your friends or NPC's ,online play with people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ATHANASEUS on 2005-01-04 15:11 ]</font>

Solstis
Jan 4, 2005, 06:55 PM
On 2004-12-31 23:32, agenevil wrote:
It's like, something about PSO, the music, the plot, something, so happy and so dark, I need more but I can't, it hurts! I feel like such a lifeless loser.

Go write a fan fic like all the kiddies are doing these days.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Getintothegame
Jan 4, 2005, 11:29 PM
On 2004-12-31 23:32, agenevil wrote:

why do I get sort of a weird feeling playing any of it?

...oh crap I don't wanna finish this post

You know, that's the same feeling I have. I seriouly thought I could not get so addicted to a game...

But I had to come back.

SLON
Jan 5, 2005, 08:02 AM
Athanaseus, you can kill members of your own team if you play the normal game in Battle mode. No more spamming Ra techs, using shots/needles, and ganging up on the same enemy! It's a nice change to the basic game.

Sitka
Jan 5, 2005, 10:02 AM
I've found that coming back can be quite refreshing in some ways.

Last night, some new player went crazy because I gave him my guild card. He was excited to get a guild card from a legit level 198 player. I went into a very hard game and just kept spraying zalure with my s-rank shot and he cleaned up on experience to move his character into ultimate for the first time. He also got quite excited about picking up fairly common rares (justy's, cross scars, dragon slayers).

I've actually met an entirely new set of legit or mostly legit players and I'm finding several old mates coming back to make a few more runs for that TJ-sword (Skyly continues to be a popular id for Tower Runs) or crazy rare.

Last night we had a Bringer's Arm drop and nobody raced to hog it. Refreshing. I pointed out to one of the players that a rare had just dropped, he picked it up, we all discussed who would benefit most from having it and the level 81 new player picked up easily his best weapon.

I also really enjoy when a new quest is posted and this Respective Tomorrow Quest is hella fun (I'm playing xbox). In the last three days, we've seen Hildetorrs, Mil Lillies, Santa Rappies and lots of red boxes. The opportunity to battle the Ep. 2 bosses over and over again without so many confusing temple areas or spaceship areas or jungle areas is awesome and the experience on each run is fantastic!

I've yet to get all the way through running solo - I get stopped either by Gal Gryphon or in the seabeds and I don't have a stockpile of scape dolls, but I've made enough runs that I really know where all the wis are hidden and I know where the enemies are going to spawn. This makes taking new folks through a lot of fun.

So, in sum, I'm finding that PSO is not dead as long as there are servers up, there will always be old dogs like me coming back for a few more runs and new folks to introduce to the game. No other game has kept me coming back as much as this one and no game has the replay value that this one holds. Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, Blue Burst and hopefully soon, PSO Universe have got a hold on me and many of my friends. PSO is not dead - PSO lives on!

digigram
Jan 5, 2005, 10:14 AM
We're glad to have you back, i've missing playing with you and having you scream "Fuck all" when you get stomped by megid... Lol

Sitka
Jan 5, 2005, 10:31 AM
Hiya Digi (Fajitas!!).

It was good seeing you and congrats on your TJ find - awesome.

Have you given up on c-mode or do you still plan on making some more runs - I'm still hankerin to get a few more chars through Ep 2 c-mode and I know Curacklin tends to be up for some runs. Even Gream Green has been back on again! Sanzo continues to float around as well and I played with Dyylan's brother (Tranzor?) quite a bit the other night. Good stuff!!!!

The xbox community appears to be making a bit of a revival. It's kind of like what the other posts have been saying - even after you've gone on to play other games, PSO, like a haunting siren, calls us back to play just a little bit more.

Let me know if you're up for some runs this weekend.

Tycho
Jan 5, 2005, 11:25 AM
Hi Sitka, nice to see you posting again after a while. o:
And I'll agree, even while the cheating is getting bad, as long as there are still some people that are cool to play with, this game is still far from dead.
Who needs the most crowdy blocks anyway. ^ ^

digigram
Jan 5, 2005, 03:59 PM
sitka... yeah i'm always up for C-mode, just when i'm actually verbalizing it in lobbies, there's like 2 people on that actually know what they SORT OF are doing...

as for ep2, I know whats going on in it except for temple, and no one ever wants to do it, curaklin always is playing with the CL guys (gargemel, curaklin,ajax) etc.

I want to.......... so... lets..

Sitka
Jan 5, 2005, 04:22 PM
Let's get it on!

Anyone else up for a little PSOX revival?